Page 30 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080130 ... LastLast
  1.    #581  
    Got a UI on that installer its only 11 KB.

My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Just a quick question, as I did not see it mentioned in the thread.

While thethered, can the phone still place and receive phone calls? Does SMS still work?

On another forum discussing a different tethering method, I thought it said the phone could not be used concurrently. But I know most phones while tethered can still be used as a phone.

Thanks in advance!
    if you are in an EVDO zone, yes you can recieve calls still.

havent tried sms, but I would guess yes you can
    Yes you can make and receive calls, as well as use SMS, and pretty much all other functions of the phone, while tethered.

However, because of the type of network which Sprint uses, you will not be able to send/receive data over the internet while you are on a call. So, for example, if you are using instant messenger on your laptop and make a phone call, you will not be able to send and receive messages on your laptop. I've tested this and it seems to immediately reconnect you to the internet when a call is complete.

This has nothing to do with aonic's app, it's just the way the CDMA networks are.
    Strange, I have gotten wifi sharing and bt sharing to work, with the screen off, and without charging. As long as I'm already connected, there is roughlt a 75% chance it will stay up when the screen goes off... For me, that is.
    Is anyone having issues installing the USBnet.inf file as the driver for the ethernet gadget?
    I've downloaded it a few times and when I try to add the file myself, it isn't recognized.
    I also tried to download and use the linux.inf file, but that as well wouldnt be recognized.
    Any Ideas??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    Yes you can make and receive calls, as well as use SMS....
    So an incoming phone call will just immediately drop something like a VPN connection until the call is complete? That is certainly more preferable (to me) than having the call route to voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricyteach View Post
    ...because of the type of network which Sprint uses, you will not be able to send/receive data over the internet while you are on a call.
    So are you saying that any tethering option for every smartphone using CDMA has this restriction? Is it only GSM / TDMA which can do concurrent voice and data?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thanks,
    9BE12256SD219374D
    Quote Originally Posted by PreOwned View Post
    So an incoming phone call will just immediately drop something like a VPN connection until the call is complete? That is certainly more preferable (to me) than having the call route to voicemail.

So are you saying that any tethering option for every smartphone using CDMA has this restriction? Is it only GSM / TDMA which can do concurrent voice and data?
    Yes, the incoming call will pause the data connection. Depending on what you are connected to it may be able to resume after the call is over.

Simultaneous vice and data is possible on UMTS/HSPA networks.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    Here are some icons I put together...

You should make that phone the PRE in your icons =)
    I have version 1.2.1 installed and I see that 1.2.3 is available. What's the best/easiest way to upgrade this properly?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Got a UI on that installer its only 11 KB.

Thanks for the effort...can't wait till this is done.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    had the same issue, but a xp pro with sp 3 found the pre without any question, dont know if it works, i can root it, but cant install anything, because with my setup virtualbox wont install so i cant get this app working, and i dont know why.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    You should make that phone the PRE in your icons =)
    um I would like to but I a not graphic designer... I have not seen a good palm pre icon out there... if I had one I could... its does not matter tho because there is a nice looking icon with the new version that you can only get if you donate.... I suspect that the new public version will have the same icon
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I have version 1.2.1 installed and I see that 1.2.3 is available. What's the best/easiest way to upgrade this properly?
    I just uninstalled mine and reinstalled the new one it worked just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    I just uninstalled mine and reinstalled the new one it worked just fine
    How did you uninstall it?
  17.    #597  
    1.2.3 is not public yet, its only for private testers right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    1.2.3 is not public yet, its only for private testers right now.
    Ahh ok. Once you release a new version, what is the proper way to upgrade it? Do we need to uninstall the previous release before installing the new one? If so, what's the best procedure for that? I noticed that I do not get a "Delete" option if I hold the Orange key and click the app icon like I do with other apps.

Thanks!
  19.    #599  
    You just call the install commands again and it automatically upgrades, the new versions also make the Orange + Tap work
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    well I installed the ipk though the SDK so I was able to uninstall it just by holding down the orange key and selecting the app... now if you installed it via root on the device you will have to run this command:
    Code:
    mount -o remount rw, /
    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether
    mount -o remount ro, /
    I would recommend you install the app from the sdk from now on so that way you can delete it like all the other 3rd party apps.

Or you can run this command and make it removable as well.
    Code:
    ipkg -o /var/ install packagename.ipk
    I would still recommend the SDK method. The only time you need to be rooted to install anything is for the org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk. after that you should have no need to install anything related to this tether app through root.