Page 29 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979129 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 4339
  1. #561  
    aonic, I have the software seeming to work on my phone correctly, and my Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget says it is connected as Local Area Connection 2...my IP address is 192.168.0.204 (wouldn't allow 203 since my wireless card is running on that), and everything else seems to be set up properly...what else can I try for a good tether connection over USB (its a windows XP machine)
  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmmark611 View Post
    aonic, I have the software seeming to work on my phone correctly, and my Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget says it is connected as Local Area Connection 2...my IP address is 192.168.0.204 (wouldn't allow 203 since my wireless card is running on that), and everything else seems to be set up properly...what else can I try for a good tether connection over USB (its a windows XP machine)
    thats all there is to it. just flick usb tether on and see if you have a connection to the net? if so then you are set to go.
  3. #563  
    It seems that my connection is terribly shaky.
    I got everything installed just fine and i'm trying to use wifi connection.
    When I try to connect to PreNet from my winxp netbook, i'm only successful maybe one out of five attempts. And when I do get connected, the connection only lasts a minute ot two. Disconnect seems to coincide with screen off... It's very frustrating indeed.. Any input is appreciated.
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  4. #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    It seems that my connection is terribly shaky.
    I got everything installed just fine and i'm trying to use wifi connection.
    When I try to connect to PreNet from my winxp netbook, i'm only successful maybe one out of five attempts. And when I do get connected, the connection only lasts a minute ot two. Disconnect seems to coincide with screen off... It's very frustrating indeed.. Any input is appreciated.
    Wifi stops working when screen turns off... unless your phone is charging. chances are your screen is turning off while you are trying to connect to prenet and thats keeping the connection from completing and then when you are connected shortly after your screen probably goes off and kills your wifi connection.

    now if you connect your phone via usb to your netbook it will not kill wifi connection when screen goes off. it will also keep your phone charged while you surf the web. the only thing is if you are connected via usb you might as well use usb tether unless you dont want to install the driver then wifi will do the trick just keep your phone connected via usb
  5. #565  
    USB tethering is turned on...and appears to be working fine on the phone...I'm just not getting internet on the laptop...USBNet drivers were installed...what now?
  6. #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmmark611 View Post
    USB tethering is turned on...and appears to be working fine on the phone...I'm just not getting internet on the laptop...USBNet drivers were installed...what now?
    hum. and you have dhcp turned on under services right? (considering you are receiving and ip '192.168.0.204')

    try disabling your other network card on your computer if there is nothing in your etertnet port then that one is fine as for wifi perhaps hit the wifi switch off
  7. #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Wifi stops working when screen turns off... unless your phone is charging. chances are your screen is turning off while you are trying to connect to prenet and thats keeping the connection from completing and then when you are connected shortly after your screen probably goes off and kills your wifi connection.

    now if you connect your phone via usb to your netbook it will not kill wifi connection when screen goes off. it will also keep your phone charged while you surf the web. the only thing is if you are connected via usb you might as well use usb tether unless you dont want to install the driver then wifi will do the trick just keep your phone connected via usb
    thanks for the info. I tried the usb route but got stuck at installing usb driver. I downloaded the ini file through pre dev wiki. But when I point windows driver update wizard to the folder containing the ini file, nothing happens. I also tried the right click and install ini file with the same result...
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    thanks for the info. I tried the usb route but got stuck at installing usb driver. I downloaded the ini file through pre dev wiki. But when I point windows driver update wizard to the folder containing the ini file, nothing happens. I also tried the right click and install ini file with the same result...
    Do not point to the route of the inf file right bellow that it says 'Dont search I'll choose the driver...' click on that scroll down to network adapters then hit next... now bottom right you will see 'Have Disk' Button click on that and browse to the driver and select it... complete the wizard

    Note: Those are instructions for WinXP
  9. #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    mount -o remount rw, /

    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk

    ipkg remove org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

    mount -o remount ro, /

    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

    doesnt work for me i keep getting a msg saying "no packages removed, nothing to be done". any ideas i have been at this for 14 hours trying to get it to work with no luck i just want to get it off my pre now.
    Vis
  10. donjski's Avatar
    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #570  
    Finally I can connect........Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Donation on the way...
  11.    #571  
    visualfx, the following commands will remove it if you installed via root:
    Code:
    mount -o remount rw, /
    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether
    mount -o remount ro, /
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  12. ldschi's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #572  
    no one seems to have a answer in other fourms, but why wont virtualbox 3 wont install on a xp pro sp3 cpu anyone else having that issue?
  13. #573  
    This is sweet!! Thanks!
  14. #574  
    I was able to successfully tether over USB using this app. Is there any harm in leaving USBnet enabled or should I disable it anytime I'm not tethering?
  15. #575  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    I was able to successfully tether over USB using this app. Is there any harm in leaving USBnet enabled or should I disable it anytime I'm not tethering?
    I have had it constantly enabled for almost a month now... No harm
  16. #576  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Do not point to the route of the inf file right bellow that it says 'Dont search I'll choose the driver...' click on that scroll down to network adapters then hit next... now bottom right you will see 'Have Disk' Button click on that and browse to the driver and select it... complete the wizard

    Note: Those are instructions for WinXP
    Jack;

    Thanks, I got USB tether working... Interesting thing is that when I left usb cable connected to my netbook, wifi tethering started working solidly too!!! It even stayed connected after screen has gone off...

    Cool!
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  17. #577  
    Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post
    Jack;

    Thanks, I got USB tether working... Interesting thing is that when I left usb cable connected to my netbook, wifi tethering started working solidly too!!! It even stayed connected after screen has gone off...

    Cool!
    Glad it started working ... Like I said wifi turns off when screen goes off except when you are charging. So when connected via usb to your netbook you are charging so wifi does not turn off.. Haha if you read my original post to you again you'll notice I already mentioned that. Which is why I said you might as well use usb tether. If it works out for you look into donating aonic put in alot of work into it
    Last edited by jack87; 07/14/2009 at 03:07 AM.
  18. #578  
    wow... surprisingly enough, rooting the Pre was pretty easy. It's late and I gotta take my *** to bed. But nice, I got the wifi tethering working which is sweeeeeet. Thanks a ton man!
  19. PreGame's Avatar
    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    #579  
    nice job

    would you mind providing the source code so that we know what exactly is being installed on our phones?
  20. #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    nice job

    would you mind providing the source code so that we know what exactly is being installed on our phones?
    the source is in the ipk. just extract it with a archive manager. The one in ubuntu does great! Not sure what other will. Maybe 7zip will extract it.

Posting Permissions