Page 28 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878128 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubbx View Post
    I think he meant how do paste the code into the window...(maybe I'm wrong though). Isn't the right click the past feature in the putty window?
    There's also the shift-insert hotkey for pasting.
    Sorry, I've been trying to keep up with the discussion as much as possible... but 28 pages is a lot to read.

Has anyone had success using USB tethering in OS X? If so, could someone please link to the post so that I can try to get it working. I have the OS X version of the SDK, and installing the app was a breeze. I plan on donating as soon as webOS 1.1 is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beave4 View Post
    my wireless network detector detects the "prenet" network even when I have the wifi tethering disabled.

I am unable to connect to the network...but it shows up in my list even after refreshing.

is this normal?
    I am seeing the same behavior and wondering the same thing? If it can't be connected to then I guess no big deal, but I would prefer if it wasn't listed anymore after disabling tethering.... if possible...
  4.    #544  
    That's not something I do, that's just windows or whatever OS you're using, not forgetting the network
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post
    I am seeing the same behavior and wondering the same thing? If it can't be connected to then I guess no big deal, but I would prefer if it wasn't listed anymore after disabling tethering.... if possible...
    What you may be seeing is an old windows wireless networking 'feature' whereby your windows pc will, if it cannot find a wireless network to connect to, start up it's own adhoc network using the last wireless SSID it had found.

"Free Public WiFi"? Not! | TechBlog | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

It was something that was fixed in SP3 for Windows XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by supercluver View Post

Thats what windows does with adhoc connections which is what the pre uses to tether wifi is creats an adhoc. if you go to your list of trusted networks you will see it there the reason it can not be connected is because there is no other computer trying to connect to it while you are no using the pre. if you attempt to connect to it now your computer is broad casting and you another laptop can actually connect. with no pre this means no internet.

its in the list to basically make it fast access for quickly reconnecting to person adhoc networks. if you dont want it there just remove it from your trusted networks till you use it again but for the record you have nothing to worry about by leaving it.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I have several local websites on my network. They all have ip addresses in the 192.168.0.x range. Ever since I installed Mytether I haven't been able to access them or my local exchange server (same address range) with my pre over wifi. I can connect to them all over the evdo network but not via wifi. Any suggestions?

EDIT:
    The error message I get in the browser is "Unable to load page. Couldn't connect to server. [115]
    Last edited by primal; 07/13/2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: update
  8.    #548  
    Try turning off dhcp and usbnet in My Tether and then try.

If you need it while tethering, hmm maybe I should use less common ips in my tether
    hey everyone...sorry to bother again - but, I was able to figure out that the order of operation I used to install all of the required software was wrong...so I deleted My Tether, went into root and re-did the Shell install...and then reinstalled My Tether. Now I am able to turn on tethering, and then my pre runs through a process, and even says that tethering is "on", but I am not getting any internet to my PC??? any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I've used Palm for years and this was one of my big hang ups to replace the 700wx. Worked like a charm. Please bump where I can donate. Your hard work is very much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Try turning off dhcp and usbnet in My Tether and then try.

If you need it while tethering, hmm maybe I should use less common ips in my tether
    Thanks. Yep everything works with usbnet turned off. I guess I'll be doing wifi tethering only from now on, unless you start using a different range.
  12.    #552  
    Good to hear davideparr, the link is in the first post in this thread.

Primal: ill see about a different range, need to see if usbnet is ok with a diff one

Palmmark: usb or wifi tether? Also did you install usb drivers if usb?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Donated 4UY20207RA2076112
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks again..... Confirmation number: 9BK534165D285184C
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    My Install went ok until the "rm" line... It couldn't find the file to remove. Continued the installation. The program does appear on my PRE. All the buttons slide on/off, but I can't get the USBnet to stay ON. Have not connected with any of the 3: Wifi, USB Tethering or Bluetooth. Was going to delete the program, and try a new installation, but could not delete the program ??

Any Suggestions ?

ChasPalm
  16.    #556  
    Thank you davideparr and primal. Keep an eye on your inboxes little later tonight

Chaspalm, sounds like the shell service didn't install. Did you install webosinternals.services?
    USB...and yes, I installed the USB drivers
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Yes..... that's the line above the "rm" line right ?

"wget http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/o...es-0.4_all.ipk
    ipkg install org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk"
    Donation sent, thank you very much for the app!
    Confirmation #: 9VU37628EF422901U
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Here are some icons I put together...