Page 25 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
    I donated but dont have access to the email used when it was done. can the creator please send me a pm and i'll reply with my pp ID to get help setting up a WEP key?
    Quote Originally Posted by albesuede View Post
    Quick FYI...those that make a "good" donation are well rewarded with many extra feature such as wep secuity and "no wifi power down" option when the pre goes to sleep

Glad to contribute my $20 to such a great cause and great development.
    Wow, and here I thought a donation was just that, a donation. Any amount of donation is a good donation. What constitutes a "good" donation? 20 and up?
    Last edited by h3artl3ss; 07/12/2009 at 06:05 AM.
    I spent 3 hours 2 different time yesterday trying to get this to work. The key was copy and past the command lines in to the root command screen I kept trying to type them in manually it just wouldn't work. I am glad to say I am posting this from my tethered Pre thanks aonic for the great app.
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Thanks aonic i got it to work i uninstalled mytether from the phone then i installed mytether and webosinternal via rooted via copy and paste didnt know you could copy and paste new to linux
  5.    #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Wow, and here I thought a donation was just that, a donation. Any amount of donation is a good donation. What constitutes a "good" donation? 20 and up?
    Those arent my words. I've already emailed you.

But an FYI to everyone else, please dont donate for the other version, donate because you want to and the other version is a thank you for donating, not an incentive to donate.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Donated 10 bucks (only a poor college kid). Thanks for creating this app
    Confirmation number: 0V369977DN6694318
    Great app, Aonic. Can you please add the version number to the app next time you update so we can tell which version we have installed?
    I'll donate as soon as I see that palm isn't going to patch this right up.

They've already warned predev.wiki not to do it, so I don't know how well this is going to go over. Could be dead next update.

Thanks for the app regardless, it works great right now
    To all those who are afraid to do this...I was with you. But my work just took away the internet and so I decided that this was worth a try. I set aside 3 hrs of my evening to try this and was completely finished in about 45 mins. I was totally freaked out about the whole thing, but I followed the instructions step by step and TADA! Honestly it is a pretty painless process even for me, and I had no clue what I was doing. I have no clue how it works or why it works, but if you follow the instructions step by step you will get through it no problem. The only problem is the loosing connection/sleep thing which I guess can be fixed by donating a certain amount. I will be donating soon. Thanks for the app.
    Sorry there aonic, that wasn't aimed towards you. I'm sure everyone here, including myself, appreciates all the time you put into MyTether.
    Thanks for all your hard work Aonic - this was going to be something I couldn't live without. Donation sent, confirmation #51320081L7854600L.
    still unable to uninstall with "ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether" something about read only file.
    still unable to uninstall with "ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether" something about read only file.
    h3artl3ss, be sure to make the filesystem readable:

# rootfs_open -w
    That would probably help XD. sorry im a noob at root. i copied and pasted "# rootfs_open -w" nothing happen. Tried to type it in as well.
    That would probably help XD. sorry im a noob at root. i copied and pasted "# rootfs_open -w" nothing happen. Tried to type it in as well.
    That command will not give feedback, but you should be able to write to the file system now. remember to mount it readonly after you are done.
    Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Sorry, don't include the "#" symbol when copying the command. A "#" or "$" symbol is typically displayed at a shell prompt and I included it to signify that the rest of it was a command.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    First of all, this is an excellent app. Thanks for developing it aonic! I am trying to connect via wifi from my vista laptop and it is asking me for a security key. I've searched this thread and I do not see a key listed anywhere. Can someone help me out?

UPDATE - I got it working. A reboot of the pre seems to have fixed it.
    Last edited by YeOj; 07/12/2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Fixed my problem
    This works great Thanks!

Great work, aonic! Will be following this thread. Donation forthcoming.
    Last edited by petewine; 07/12/2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Added speedtest
    Just donated...Confirmation 1UG15969AD4097911...Thanks.Great Tool