Thanks! 10 bucks donation made...onfirmation number: 0GC13184RM310352H

@unixgroove
    mccab3.wordpress.com
    Donation confirmed - 13M73047045622901
    chopsticks209@yahoo.com
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeywdw1254 View Post
    I am new to using the pre to tether. Would I be able to use the pre to tether to an ipod touch so that I could run slinplayer on the touch? Is the tether that strong of a connection?
    Yes it is that strong. My WiFi tethering download speeds are hitting 2Mb/s and more. I have all three of my Macs connected to my Pre getting the internet from it. Its handling it just fine.
    not that I plan to, but out of curiosity, how would you go about uninstalling "my tether"?
    Thanks Aonic for all of your work. I'm looking forward to future updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaharris View Post
    Yes it is that strong. My WiFi tethering download speeds are hitting 2Mb/s and more. I have all three of my Macs connected to my Pre getting the internet from it. Its handling it just fine.
    Hi, I have tethering working fine over bluetooth, but I know that Wifi will be way faster. When I enable wifi tethering on my pre, it shows up as a wireless device under my wifi on my mac. I can connect to it, but I cant use the internet. What do I need to do in order to get it working? Thanks for your help in advance
    I just made my $20 donation yesterday. Awesome work! The security wep features work great. Looking forward to more updates on your twitter stream!

I plan to donate more later! Thanks!!
    It stays on enabling wifi tethering nothing happens i installed through sdk first then i went back and installed via rooted no errors but it want connect help appreciated.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    super sick!!! donation coming soon. Thanks times 1 kabillion.
    Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    dunno if anyone would know this...but what was the first phone to be tethered? my friend who is an iphone fanboi is claiming it was his toy...I'd like to prove him wrong!
    Before I got the Pre I used to tether my Palm T|X over bluetooth to a Sony Ericsson T-637 on the AT&T network. The T-630 series is of 2004-vintage and the T|X is of 2005 vintage.
    Both of these predate the iPhoney by a few years.
    So now that I've got it to work... it seems like it only works while screen is on? Or is it coincidence i lost signal when it happened? I haven't used it much to find out based on my own experiments.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Donation made. Glad to contribute to such a nice effort.
    Good job man... love the app
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    So now that I've got it to work... it seems like it only works while screen is on? Or is it coincidence i lost signal when it happened? I haven't used it much to find out based on my own experiments.
    I've tried it, seems to be the case for me as well. Would there happen to be a setting I missed?
    Over wifi the connection gets dropped if the device goes into sleep. I've been using MyTether by keeping it plugged in, and using wifi when you need to share among devices, and USB when you don't. Then your connection won't go down.

another option is to set up your pre to "never" sleep, as outlined here:

pre dev wiki: Modifying Stock Applications

Under "Screen and Lock Application"
    still waiting on a non rooted route, any luck?
    aonic i sent you a donation ! have a beer on me !
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I had to turn off my anti virus software to make it work, not sure for you though.
    To Honor With Dignity- USAF Honor Guard
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    still waiting on a non rooted route, any luck?
    Its worth the little trouble there is to root. I thought my pre would immediately brick or explode if I did something wrong but all is well =]
    Quick FYI...those that make a donation are well rewarded/thanked with many extra feature such as wep secuity and "no wifi power down" option when the pre goes to sleep

Glad to contribute my $20 to such a great cause and great development.
    Last edited by albesuede; 07/12/2009 at 10:26 AM.