Page 23 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast
    Aonic

Thank you for all your efforts and helping so many.

I did get your app to work with wifi and bluetooth, however on the USB I am not able to get to the internet. It shows me connected, but the browser times out. Turn on bluetooth and the I get the web. WiFi also works fine.

Any idea what the problem may be.

Thanks
    Scott
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zaharris View Post
    Does that mean if I donate aonic will upgrade my app to allow security?? If so, consider it done. I would like an answer first though
    My crystal ball says "Decidedly so!"
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    dunno if anyone would know this...but what was the first phone to be tethered? my friend who is an iphone fanboi is claiming it was his toy...I'd like to prove him wrong!
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    i was tethering with a sony ericsson phone in like 2002, WAAAAY before there was an iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    dunno if anyone would know this...but what was the first phone to be tethered? my friend who is an iphone fanboi is claiming it was his toy...I'd like to prove him wrong!
    my first phone I tethered was a samsung sph n400 http://www.discountcell.com/cellular/csamn400.asp
    I'm sure some older monocrome phones was tetherable tho.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brad65807 View Post
    i was tethering with a sony ericsson phone in like 2002, WAAAAY before there was an iphone
    that was good enough to shut him up. thank you!
    I'm tired of them claiming the iphone started everything.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Donation link is on the first page of this thread..
    I was wondering if there will ever be a program that can root your Pre with little to no work. I'm not sure if this is the same kind of thing but I know that there are programs out there for jailbreaking your iphone or ipod touch. Jailbreaking an ipod was so easy and I wish there was something for the Pre like that. I also loved how there was an installer on the device so you could download homebrew apps directly from the phone. I know there is the pre dev wiki site but I know for some people (me) it is kind of confusing to follow. At the very least I wish there was a video guide that gave a step-by-step tutorial on how to root it. I am very eager to explore what my Pre really can do. Please inform me if there is anything in development. Thanks in advance!
    Just donated some money, going to send more once i add cash to my prepaid card. thanks again for all your hard work i've been using this to play wow at work as to not slow down my primary aircard which had to also run 2 pc's their. will also be a great addition to trips or DR appointments were I bring my Lenovo Netbook. i used to bring my cradlepoint hotspot maker for those out and about trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    I'm tired of them claiming the iphone started everything.
    The iphone may have pioneered a couple of things, but the pre perfected them
  11.    #451  
    thanks Binary, ill email you shortly.

ipodtouch, i plan on doing something to make it trivial to install
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Donation Made.

Conf: 1366-0455-1389-6143
    any word on making this available to non rooted pres????
    Donation Made!

Confirm Number: 5XS638579J4447130

Aonic, nice work bro!
    hmm.. i rooted and installed the webosinternal file... but when i launch the application click wifi tethering 'on' it says "Enabling WiFi Tethering..." and never does anything.

whats wrong?
  16.    #456  
    sounds like a bad install of webosinternal, im going to be trying to remake my tether into one package so webosinternals is not needed.

thanks theadlee, i emailed you back
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    I have reinstalled the above, still with the same results ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    hmm.. i rooted and installed the webosinternal file... but when i launch the application click wifi tethering 'on' it says "Enabling WiFi Tethering..." and never does anything.

whats wrong?
    I had the exact same issue which aonic assisted me with .. here's what you need to make sure you do completely (it worked for me on my second go around).

"...make sure you installed webosinternals.shell through root, not SDK.".

That's it .. it definately worked for me.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hey Aonic,

Thank you again! This is probably going to end up being my primary internet source for my home computers now that I have security enabled. =)

I am about to PM you with one more suggestion for future updates. Thanks
    what could i have done wrong as far as installation of the webosinternal?
    all that was necessary was just copy and paste the code into the command line, correct?
    I am new to using the pre to tether. Would I be able to use the pre to tether to an ipod touch so that I could run slinplayer on the touch? Is the tether that strong of a connection?