Page 22 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    two issues here...

First one is that I cannot get this to update to version 1.2

1.1 was working fine, but want the wifi functionality, I put my pre in developer mode, used palm-install, received no errors, but I still don't see anything different at all. I've restarted my device several times...

Am I missing something?

Also, I could not delete 1.1 by oj button + clicking the app. There is no "Delete" option, just a "Done" button. Why is this app not deletable???

What am I missing here?
  2.    #422  
    Mfive, you installed 1.1 via root or sdk? If root, you'll need to upgrade via root.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    Well, Having issues with the Bluetooth tethering. Can WiFi and USBnet, but when the Laptop Discovers the Pre. its there but i can get the PAN

Help ?????
    OK, again i say. WIFI works and USBtethering works, but i can not get the bluetooth to work.

Laptop sees the Pre device but does not offer me any services from the Pre.

What am i doing wrong?

USBtethering
    DHCP on
    USBNet on
    trying to use Bluetooth .
  4.    #424  
    Bgc, that should work for what I've heard, but I haven't tried bt tether personally.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Aonic- I installed via root. I don't have wifi where I'm at to root in, is it possible to do this through USB at all?
  6.    #426  
    You can tether over usb and then ssh into 192.168.0.1, that might work
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    So I can update the program while its running???
  8.    #428  
    Yes, you can exit my tether after enabling tethering and tethering will still work
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Ok, great! Can't wait to get back home and try it
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    mount -o remount ro, /

I changed the name from root to eric, so when I try to do this command it says you are not root and it will not do this step. Since I am not a linux person it is quite confusing.

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {} <-not sure what this part was but I couldnt get that to work either...
    Quote Originally Posted by E1Allen View Post
    mount -o remount ro, /

I changed the name from root to eric, so when I try to do this command it says you are not root and it will not do this step. Since I am not a linux person it is quite confusing.

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {} <-not sure what this part was but I couldnt get that to work either...
    Code:
     sudo -i
    will make you root again...
    mispost
    Last edited by prenoob; 07/11/2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: I missed Aonic's previous post - Sorry
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Aonic,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your efforts, and thank you for this amazing App!!

The capabilities of a linux based phone and the great potential for homebrew is the main reason I bought my pre. The amount of homebrew apps, and the number of people that are interested in learning/exploring the inner workings of this phone and its linux system has already surpassed my expectations.

I would like to donate as soon as possible, however; before I do I was wandering if you were planning on adding encryption to the wifi tether? I only ask this because if you plan on selling a completed app with the encryption I will just wait and purchase the finished app when it becomes available...You can PM me a response if you feel more comfortable.

I would also like to say to those at PreCentral; I am not a blogger/forum enthusiast of anykind, however; For me this forum compares to no other, and plan on visiting and posting often... Great Community
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    FOR THE NOOBS LIKE I..... READ SECOND PARAGRAPH
    INCREDIBLE!!

I dont know how you all do but...!!! Again thanks aonic for all your hard work, fain for responding to my post and everyone else on this post. Like my man above, I am not a regular blogger/forum poster, however because of this site I will be and MOS DEF be donating

I was new just 9 hours ago to this stuff and am already comfy. ROOTING YOUR PRE IS NOT DIFFICULT, JUST READ AND FOLLOW STEPS EXACTLY NO MORE, NO LESS. Once you crack and get ready to install something you will always start with root@castle:/# in the command line. Then just type in the commands as each rooted app says to do. It seem scary but just do it.. TRUST ME IT IS SOOO WORTH IT!!
    Haven't tried Any other Method bluetooth or USB, but wifi works great. This is amazing thanks.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Alright, again I say great app! But I seem to be running into one more issue. But this may not be with the programming. it may be with my pre or with my touchstone.

So here's the scenario:

In order to leave the WiFi DHCP connection active, i've been leaving my PRE on the Touchstone charger as posted by Jack87 as a solution earlier in this thread. To test the download capabilities and reliability I made some software updates to my computer.

Well after about ten minutes of continuous downloading my touchstone stops charging my phone. So I pick it up to put it back on and the phone is FREAKING HOTT!! Not only that I can't get a connection to the touchstone for desktop charging. I am assuming the lack of connection to the touchstone is due to the heat, being as when I've had my phone under heavy use previously, its been nearly impossible to get it charging on the Touchstone.

So just for kicks I play around with the BT tethering (since I hadn't done that yet) and the phone cools down, I place it on the charger, and viola! No more overheating/Touchstone charging/DHCP issues. And yes, I continue my system updates.

So I guess I'm wondering if...
    A) Anyone else is having issues with the WiFi Tethering causing their Pre to get ridiculously hot?
    B)Anyone else having the issue's with their touchstone charging if the Pre is hot?

*by the way, I still want someway to connect the wifi securely; but until then, I'll probably just be using BT anyhow due to security; despite the connection being less than half of that of the WiFi
    Im confused at one step, what command do you type to set the ifconfig to usb0. Im stuck at that step.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zaharris View Post
    *by the way, I still want someway to connect the wifi securely; but until then, I'll probably just be using BT anyhow due to security; despite the connection being less than half of that of the WiFi
    Hmm. Donate and you will be happy!!
  19.    #439  
    h3artless, you dont do anything, you just start the program and follow the prompts if it asks you to do something
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brad65807 View Post
    Hmm. Donate and you will be happy!!
    Does that mean if I donate aonic will upgrade my app to allow security?? If so, consider it done. I would like an answer first though