Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 115165205210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by PCHFlyer View Post
    I can also confirm that MyTether still works after this update, no reinstalling required. I delayed the update as long as possible, but it automatically loaded today. Whew, anyway all is well....
    Does anyone have the link or website to re-install Mytehter I deleted it and now able to locate
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew127 View Post
    You gotta install the driver yourself. Go to network adapters, select microsoft corporation and rndis..er..the first one. I originally did this to enable dhcp on my bridged network so's I could run my xbox, but now I'm having a lot of trouble with it, so I'm (now) trying freetether and MHS.
    Thank you SO MUCH for your help.

1. I unplug and replug the USB cable on the Pixi, it says it found new "RNDIS Ethernet Gadget."
    2. Install the software automatically of course does not find the software.
    3. I try to install from a specific location.
    4. I click Don't Search, and then Network adapters.
    5. It says Unable to find any drivers for the device.
    6. So I try Have Disk, and it asks me for a location; I do not see where I enter Microsoft Corporation to install the "first one," as your reply states.
    I just to let the person(s) that keep this link that it is not downloading, it redirects to the precentral page
    i have installed my tether 1.5.1. I am using a macbook x10.5 version, but I'm running parallels which gives me a windows side where i'm using windows xp. after saving the driver, then plugging up pre, the wizard does not follow to install ethernet gadget. I get msg that reads :usb device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close that application or unplug the device and plug it again, then try to conncect the device again.. i've tried that and nothing works.

Please help!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I can't find a link to download freetether?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just wish more people would read this thread before buying a fairly worthless $15 app. Help from the person selling this turd has been non-existent. GET the word out .. Let me serve as an example ..
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiver58 View Post
    I just wish more people would read this thread before buying a fairly worthless $15 app. Help from the person selling this turd has been non-existent. GET the word out .. Let me serve as an example ..
    Ok, just for the record and for people who read this thread: I installed Mytether on 1.3 (i think, it's been a looong time, long before mobile hotspot came out) and it worked flawlessly ever since. Currently i use 1.4.5 and MyTether survived all OTA updates.

Last time i used it was this wednesday: I visited a customer with very restrictive internet settings and used MyTether the whole day to keep my company VPN going. When technicians from another contractor realized what i was doing they joined in and we used the tethering together. With a decent speed and without errors!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    But one of the items the APP is suposed to do is tether over USB .. it does not.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdiver58 View Post
    But one of the items the APP is suposed to do is tether over USB .. it does not.
    Ok, could be. I never tried that because it doesn't work with my Macbook anyway - as stated somewhere in the release notes. At least i knew beforehand that USB tethering isn't supported for MacOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mailtoal View Post
    I can't find a link to download freetether?
    Are you asking or telling?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    I wasn't able to make it work at first. Then I read a post about just waiting for a bit. That was solid advice, after over a minute and maybe more I had internet access with good speeds.

Haven't tried the USB option yet.
    i think what ^ meant is that he cannot find it on the preware catalog, as i cant either.

was it removed? - sorry didnt feel like reading through 100 pages
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    This guy really needs to do something. At least take the damn thing down. I have to run pandora to get internet tethering. What a piece of crap. Anybody start a class action suit against this clown yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danimal62 View Post
    This guy really needs to do something. At least take the damn thing down. I have to run pandora to get internet tethering. What a piece of crap. Anybody start a class action suit against this clown yet?
    +1 for a lawsuit. I just "donated" the $14.95 a few days ago, not realizing he abandoned this project a long time ago.
    What about usb tethering for mac? Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    +1 for a lawsuit. I just "donated" the $14.95 a few days ago, not realizing he abandoned this project a long time ago.
    What makes you think he abandoned it? Apparently you only read what you want to read, and not the whole forum.
    It is unclear to me whether the developer has abandoned it or not. As near as I can tell, he has made one post in the past 3 months - about 6 weeks ago he posted that he was going to have a new version of MyTether available within a week. I have to say
    1) I DO like the program and it works well for me, as long as I have some other network process going in the background, like pinging google.com from a terminal.
    2) I do NOT like the lack of presence of the developer - if you're going to post that you expect to have a new version within a week, and you sleep schedule by 4 or 5 weeks, you should let the users have some idea of what's going on.
    3) Calling the money a donation is really not quite kosher in this case - when you donate the money, you get the information on how to download the loader, which is otherwise confidential. As far as I can see, this meets the legal definition of a sale - value for value exchanged. It would be a donation if the information were freely available and a user had a choice to donate AFTER trying the software.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertpo View Post
    It is unclear to me whether the developer has abandoned it or not. As near as I can tell, he has made one post in the past 3 months - about 6 weeks ago he posted that he was going to have a new version of MyTether available within a week. I have to say
    1) I DO like the program and it works well for me, as long as I have some other network process going in the background, like pinging google.com from a terminal.
    2) I do NOT like the lack of presence of the developer - if you're going to post that you expect to have a new version within a week, and you sleep schedule by 4 or 5 weeks, you should let the users have some idea of what's going on.
    3) Calling the money a donation is really not quite kosher in this case - when you donate the money, you get the information on how to download the loader, which is otherwise confidential. As far as I can see, this meets the legal definition of a sale - value for value exchanged. It would be a donation if the information were freely available and a user had a choice to donate AFTER trying the software.
    He made a post in the donor forum a few weeks back...be patient...what he is doing is not easy.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertpo View Post

You made a mistake dont ya think....there is a free version you can try.
    Secondly, if you buy a raffle ticket by donation, then do you ask for a refund since your purchase gave you no value for value? If it is stated as a DONATION and you are fully aware of that (which you were when you made payment) then it is legally and irrevocably a donation. If you don't believe me check with a lawyer; I have and it is a donation, not a purchase.
    Interesting points. Not being a lawyer, I could easily (and quite likely) be wrong.
    1) I see I said "you sleep schedule..." which should have been "you slip schedule."
    2) On the free version - um. I don't see it. I found MyTether at the MyTether website - which doesn't mention any free version, and I've never seen one.
    3) Lotteries are interesting. You DO get value for value here. You get a true chance at winning. That chance has value - even if you lose. Technically, if you are making a lottery donation and the recipient organization is a qualified non-profit, you are not supposed to claim the entire price of the lottery ticket as a tax deduction, but are supposed to reduce that by the value of the chance - which is calculated as the fair price of the prize times your probability of winning. (Yeah, but NOBODY does that, do they?)