Page 214 of 217 FirstFirst ... 114164204209210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4339
    i mean the my tether app donor is locked out. i am waiting for password back, but the one I have doesn't work to get the new install
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    I am even looking for mobile hotspot and I cannot find the link. The one I tried isn't working. I don't even tether that much, just went I get on the road, but with all of the apps that I cannot use...voice command, tethering, I am definitely thinking about jumping ship.

Bnite6 ---
    Well i just did the mobile hotspot and freetether and works great. We will see what happens with the upgrade. I am holding on to the ship now until I see something different

Bnite6 ---
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    The program doesn't work well with windows 7 or Atom processors. It doesn't even work as well as the free Wi-Fi hotspot software that is already out there. I'm not sure there is any use for this program at the high pricepoint for this app.
    I paid for it and I've done nothing but fight it for several days. The free mobile hotspot program I had working in less than 25 minutes. I wanted to do USB tethering to my Netbook running Windows 7 starter and have had ZERO luck. The SDK x86 .inf is not recognised as a viable .inf for Windows 7 starter and the Windows 7 x64 .inf gives me a this processor is not supported error.
    This is a very high dollar app to be this worthless and this hard to install.
    Not sure what I donated $15 for It's looking like I just threw the money away.
    It appears right now I am serving as an example to others on what not to do.
    surrre, after searching through this massive thread i find the answer on the last page....lol

So since i have the free 1.5.1 version, wifi is not available? If it is my wireless card does not pick it up; i can connect to mobile hotspot no problem. USB works. Waiting to see if the mobile hotspot is free even with a used pre plus or if it was just a promotion thing for new purchases before I purchase the latest version.
    The free mobile hotspot is free. I guess it just depends on the carrier. I am on sprint with the unlimited plan, but the hotpspot is for Verizon and I loaded both programs needed to have my phone at as a hotspot. The only time I use the program is if I am going on vacation or long trips, so at least it is available. I paid for my tether a long time ago and now, it seems like their is no support or anything. Sunk cost I guess. Do the hotspot and like budlight says...here we go.

Bnite6 ---
    bnite how did you do the hotspot with mytether? I am curious how to do this with my pixi and tether via USB?
    bump?
    Didn't. I no longer have MyTether on my phone. I downloaded the freetether and the mobile hotspot.

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Didn't. I no longer have MyTether on my phone. I downloaded the freetether and the mobile hotspot.
    I thought MHS stopped working on non-Verizon Pre's.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I thought MHS stopped working on non-Verizon Pre's.
    Still works on mine.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Alright really not happy. Donated at the Mytether site got no email besides my receipt from paypal. I have emailed this guy at least four times to gain accsess to the donor forum and have gotten aboslutley no reply. Yes I have checked my spam folder also or the email and there is no luck. Any suggestions? Do I file a complaint against him on paypal?
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeantjr View Post
    Alright really not happy. Donated at the Mytether site got no email besides my receipt from paypal. I have emailed this guy at least four times to gain accsess to the donor forum and have gotten aboslutley no reply. Yes I have checked my spam folder also or the email and there is no luck. Any suggestions? Do I file a complaint against him on paypal?
    PayPal claim might work. Though given it was a "donation" rather than a straight up purchases, legally, you may not be entitled to a refund. It this were proper commercial software there'd be a software usage license you'd be paying for, but with a simple donation, you're aren't buying any software usage license. It's tricky web of technicalities MyTether is playing in.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgeantjr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    PayPal claim might work. Though given it was a "donation" rather than a straight up purchases, legally, you may not be entitled to a refund. It this were proper commercial software there'd be a software usage license you'd be paying for, but with a simple donation, you're aren't buying any software usage license. It's tricky web of technicalities MyTether is playing in.
    With my experience it has been mostly user error as mytether is fully automated for sending out the emails.. check your paypal email.. or if you made an account at mytether forums and used that to register for a donor account check the accounts email? I dunno what to tell you but I been involved in the mytether project for some time and its fully automated! I am sure as soon as the dev gets a moment he will reply back to you.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I just went through this whole process, and I got it installed successfully. I see the icon there and it loads fine, it even shows that I'm broadcasting a WiFi signal just like in the screenshot ... but when I scan for wireless networks on my laptop (Win7) there's nothing there.

Am I missing something?

I have a Pre on Sprint with the most recent WebOS update. Any info would be awesome because I installed this for my trip tomorrow. So the sooner I can get this to work the better.
    I am using a Sprint Palm Pixi.

Sorry, guys, I am trying to get the USBNet to install in Windows XP, and I do not know what I am doing wrong. Here is what I have done so for:

1. I paid for and downloaded MyTether
    2. Per instructions, I downloaded and installed Palm SDK. The instructions say I do not need to install the VirtualBox
    3. java -version yields "1.6.0_20"
    4. palm-generate yields the help detail
    5. I download usbnet-pre.inf, and it downloaded as text. Instead of removing the non-DOS endings, I got it to show in html, then copied it to a txt file, then renamed it usbnet-pre.inf
    6. Novacmd is not running
    6. I unplug and replug the USB cable on the Pixi, it says it found new RNDIS hardware, but when I point to the desktop which contains usbnet-pre.inf, it says that the specified location does not contain information
    Hey Guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that I patched my Palm Pre this morning (which of course I always check this thread before doing so) and my tether still works no problem. I did NOT have to uninstall or re-install it.

So, if you are worried about patching, it worked for me. Good Luck and I'm glad it is still working! =)

Frank
    I can also confirm that MyTether still works after this update, no reinstalling required. I delayed the update as long as possible, but it automatically loaded today. Whew, anyway all is well....
    Had been a using My Tether from day one..however its become very buggy and stopped working (local service only). SO I made the switch to Mobile Hotspot and it works everytime with 1.4.5.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/25/2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Removed link to thread with illegally distributed software

Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 800W -> Launch Day Pre (RIP 08/13/10) -> Replacement PRE
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmyth View Post
    I am using a Sprint Palm Pixi.

Sorry, guys, I am trying to get the USBNet to install in Windows XP, and I do not know what I am doing wrong. Here is what I have done so for:

1. I paid for and downloaded MyTether
    2. Per instructions, I downloaded and installed Palm SDK. The instructions say I do not need to install the VirtualBox
    3. java -version yields "1.6.0_20"
    4. palm-generate yields the help detail
    5. I download usbnet-pre.inf, and it downloaded as text. Instead of removing the non-DOS endings, I got it to show in html, then copied it to a txt file, then renamed it usbnet-pre.inf
    6. Novacmd is not running
    6. I unplug and replug the USB cable on the Pixi, it says it found new RNDIS hardware, but when I point to the desktop which contains usbnet-pre.inf, it says that the specified location does not contain information
    You gotta install the driver yourself. Go to network adapters, select microsoft corporation and rndis..er..the first one. I originally did this to enable dhcp on my bridged network so's I could run my xbox, but now I'm having a lot of trouble with it, so I'm (now) trying freetether and MHS.