Page 213 of 217 FirstFirst ... 113163203208209210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4339
    I downloaded the newest version of mytether from a un-named source without donating.... And I tether using it everyday for the past month or 2 with no problems.... Sorry the creator seems to sketchy and does poor techincal help for me to donate. But as far as the App itself I have freetether running to forword my ip address and it's working flawlessly.
    Quote Originally Posted by unclehev View Post
    My pre got messed up and I have a mac I need u to walk me thru putting tether on my pre again im using a mac computer please thnx
    You have to jump around, but read this post and my other posts #3023 on page 152 and #4242 above.
    http://forums.precentral.net/2079978-post3550.html
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw911 View Post
    This is a disaster. I donated also. I got the app to install just fine. Then, the app would fire up and the devices will connect but then I get "limited or no connectivity" pop-up and the app shows 0 bits transferred.

I did find an older mytether service patch in my phone (from my previous version of mytether). I removed it via Preware and now I am getting the same thing as you. The unapplying piece won't go away and the app won't start if I force quit and start over.

I filed a dispute on PayPal against Raja for selling a product that does not do what it claims and offers no support. I have not received any response yet.

Maybe, if we all filed disputes, at the very least, PayPal will stop him from stealing and will cut him off.
    I just filed a claim also...I got the same problem.
    HA! you people actually think that paypal cares about anything other then making money

I listen to "Security Now" with Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte and on many episodes Steve has mentioned the horror stories that he and others have had with paypal when they try to get any kinda support from them - one person had several thousand dollors in his paypal account and it was just blocked with no reason given and he has never gotten the money back

all I want to do is use my data connection so that my iphone can use google maps - thats it!

why should I have to do something so stupid just to use my data connection that I pay so much for and never really use
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    where can i download this
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    where can i download this
    dont
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    this is going to be really helpful
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Does this allow verizon to track your data usage like the standard wifi hot spot
    Have been running this app for several months now with no issues other than noticing that after a MT update or unpatch about a month ago, that I would lose my connection if I received (possibly send too?) a text message but it always reconnects.
    I get the patch removal message once in awhile too but i let it do it's thing.
    Was well worth the donation and has never failed me when I needed it.
    Oh and the Pre makes a great hand warmer using MT along with the 800mhz mod !
    I've had the 114 degree alarm a few times... might even consider throttling down but the speed is sooo nice
    does this still exist
    ok, so I'm trying to get my tether to work through usb on my palm pixi plus... I got my tether on pixi I get it to enable but my network (using vista) does not recognize anything not only that i lm trying to do this "pc internetless" so anydownloads must be done by me downloading through my pixi now I got the usbnet.inf from a friends computer and put it on my palm then transferred it to my pc... Buuut yet again it won't install the driver. Sooo if someome could give me a step by step version of vistas way of doing it ( oh and if something I've already installed neeeds to be uninstalled included) that would be awesome!! I've spent 12 + hours on this and so close to breaking down it's pathetic please help and I**** need me to go in more detail I'd be more than glad.
    I "donated" and have been using My Tether for a few months now. It works great via WiFi, but it will not work via USB. It seems like it tries to connect and shows speed:425Mbps. I wish I could actually get it to work via USB. If anyone knows how to make this work please help :/
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    has anyone found a solution to the usb error problem? I'm struggling with this. I have windows 7 I beleieve 32 bit bc in program files it says x86.
    As of today, my ability to tether with o2, palm pre and laptop has been disabled, the phone now prompts indicating that I need to contact o2!

Spoke with o2 who say that thering on their network with a Palm Pre is not allowed, against terms & conditions etc, and they no longer provide a 'bolt on' for it - however I can geth tethering if I change my plan to get an iPhone 4! or I can pay for a broadband 3g dongle!

Who are these guys kidding!

Anyway, thinking of how best to approach this, I live in a rural area, and use this for connecting at customer sites who don't have regular broadband - or when their regular broadband is broken (I do IT support, broadband installations, consultancy etc) - without 3g, GPRS via my phone I have to use a dongle (already have one from 3 but thats an aside).

also,

Not sure why you guys all want homebrew setup for thethering, my pre does this since update 1.3.5.1 (currently 1.4.1), bluetooth to laptop (PAN connection), phone connected to internet via GPRS/3G etc works - except for issue with o2 now - very annoying!
    do we need to uninstall my tether before upgrading to 1.4.5.1?
    Question: First time this has happened to me. Went to update and the application disappeared from my phone. It is not even in my device info. Went to try and install but get the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else and also my account is blocked. Any remedies
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Question: First time this has happened to me. Went to update and the application disappeared from my phone. It is not even in my device info. Went to try and install but get the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else and also my account is blocked. Any remedies
    what did you update? To 1.4.5.1?
    No...no updates available as of yet. Went to update and still have 1.4.1.1. Just do not see the app anymore
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    No...no updates available as of yet. Went to update and still have 1.4.1.1. Just do not see the app anymore
    hummm that's odd..... I'd call sprint and see why your account has been locked... Just don't mention mytether.... Reguardless I think sprint is going to break the app. With the 1.4.5.1 update as they usually do.... Which if rumor holds true will be tomorrow sometime!!