Page 212 of 217 FirstFirst ... 112162202207208209210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4339
    well, i can get it to work for about 2 seconds, then it drops, reconnects, works for 2 seconds, drops then reconnects.

i dunno how to use mobile hotspot and it seems like an install pain.

wish this worked again.
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    dp
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Quote Originally Posted by Version_3 View Post
    I'm using it on 1.4.1.1. For me, my connection is extremely unstable, and I am only able to do wifi tethering, not BT.

Edit: Found a fix on the mytether boards for the instability. Either running pandora before beginning the tether, running a ping from terminal, or, in my case, running a ping -t to google.com will keep the connection alive, stable, and fast.
    Pinging works for me too. Clearly, something's changed with 1.4.1.1.
    ummm I have 1.4.1.1 and Mytether works fine.... Everytime I connect it connects perfectly.... But all this doesn't really matter... Ever update and def. Every big update carriers change the phone to break mytether and mhs.
    i went to mytether.net and made donation with paypal

i never recevied any email from you on how to install

my email is monte2g@optonline.net
    i went to mytether.net and made donation with paypal

i never recevied any email from you on how to install

my email is monte2g@optonline.net
    ^^^ you don't receive a email from precentral.net ....... It's the maker of mytether.net .... Precentral.net has nothing to do with the donating process of mytether
    I installed it and then deleted it because I thought the installation was hinky. Now I cannot install it and whatever it did while it was on my device has broken my wifi and 3g networking. Phone still works, can call and sms, but any app that requires networking to operate (browser, foursquare, pandora, etc.) is now non functional because my networking is no longer enabled. I have no idea what MT broke or how to fix it and suspect that I'm going to be doing my first WebOS doctor operation soon. Anyone else seen this behavior or know how to fix it?
    I registered for mytether.net and couldn't log in. I did download the free version and never could get it to work (Sprint, WebOs 1.4, Windows XP). I donated the $15 to get 2.1 and recieved the confirmation email, but still couldn't log in to actually download it. I ended up downloading it from another website for free (mediafire I think). It worked great last night, but now the connection drops out a lot. I reset the phone and re-opened mytether, but it said there was a patch that needed to be removed. The phone has been "unapplying" the patch for the past hour. Has anyone else had this issue? I really need to get this fixed by the 16th of May.
    ok thanks a million for the help will check back in a while.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hey guys. I'm having a problem here.

When I try to install the USBNet driver on my Windows XP SP3 laptop, (I have followed all the steps perfectly to my knowledge) after selecting Have Disk..., selecting the directory, and pressing OK, an error pops up saying "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". And obviously the driver doesn't install. I've seen several other people post with this problem, but no solutions. Help?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmaro72 View Post
    I registered for mytether.net and couldn't log in. I did download the free version and never could get it to work (Sprint, WebOs 1.4, Windows XP). I donated the $15 to get 2.1 and recieved the confirmation email, but still couldn't log in to actually download it. I ended up downloading it from another website for free (mediafire I think). It worked great last night, but now the connection drops out a lot. I reset the phone and re-opened mytether, but it said there was a patch that needed to be removed. The phone has been "unapplying" the patch for the past hour. Has anyone else had this issue? I really need to get this fixed by the 16th of May.
    This is a disaster. I donated also. I got the app to install just fine. Then, the app would fire up and the devices will connect but then I get "limited or no connectivity" pop-up and the app shows 0 bits transferred.

I did find an older mytether service patch in my phone (from my previous version of mytether). I removed it via Preware and now I am getting the same thing as you. The unapplying piece won't go away and the app won't start if I force quit and start over.

I filed a dispute on PayPal against Raja for selling a product that does not do what it claims and offers no support. I have not received any response yet.

Maybe, if we all filed disputes, at the very least, PayPal will stop him from stealing and will cut him off.
    I've had this on my Palm Pixi and my Palm Pre and still can't get it to work properly. been trying for months now. i don't know exactly where i'm messing this up. i've used vista, xp and a mac - still nothing (Sprint by the way). webos 1.4.1
    I wish i could even get a speed test. Sprint Palm Pixi 1.4.1 with MHS installed, Freetehter, and My tether..nothing works...no tether!!
    I am getting the driver to install on xp but get an erroor device failed to start anyone else have this issue

thanks

is there not anymore support for this?
    Since i upgraded to OS 1.4.1.1 , MyTether app does not work anymore. I have tried deleting the current app and re-downloaded the app about 5 times and still no luck.

I tried both the free version and the paid version of mytether, also tried the mobile hot spot app but no luck.
    I am able to run the app, it connects to my laptop via wifi tethering or USB, but apparently the phone does not seem to get any 'signal'.

I have researched for any post or updates but no luck. Do you have any updates or any suggestions I can try to get this to work again?

Thank you for your kind assistance and thanks for this awesome website and the people behind it.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Season View Post
    I installed it and then deleted it because I thought the installation was hinky. Now I cannot install it and whatever it did while it was on my device has broken my wifi and 3g networking. Phone still works, can call and sms, but any app that requires networking to operate (browser, foursquare, pandora, etc.) is now non functional because my networking is no longer enabled. I have no idea what MT broke or how to fix it and suspect that I'm going to be doing my first WebOS doctor operation soon. Anyone else seen this behavior or know how to fix it?
    Ok you have to tottally reset your phone and when you go to log in on the phone don't create a new account instead and that fixed my problem
    Last edited by toby19322; 05/19/2010 at 05:40 PM.
    I have an iPhone 3G that I want to use as a navigation system since it has gps and google maps - problem is that the google maps wont work without an internet connection

I want to use my palm pre as that but thats it, I dont need to connect it to a computer I just need the wifi signal so the iPhone can connect to it
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottw911 View Post
    This is a disaster. I donated also. I got the app to install just fine. Then, the app would fire up and the devices will connect but then I get "limited or no connectivity" pop-up and the app shows 0 bits transferred.

I did find an older mytether service patch in my phone (from my previous version of mytether). I removed it via Preware and now I am getting the same thing as you. The unapplying piece won't go away and the app won't start if I force quit and start over.

I filed a dispute on PayPal against Raja for selling a product that does not do what it claims and offers no support. I have not received any response yet.

Maybe, if we all filed disputes, at the very least, PayPal will stop him from stealing and will cut him off.

Im definitely going to report him now. ive given plenty of time. this is ridiculous.
    (Bluetooth only.) I got this working again, and am posting this over bluetooth right now. Follow these steps in this exact order and maybe it'll work for you: (I assume you have the newest version of MyTether already installed on your Palm Pre).
    1. DO NOT start MyTether yet. Close it if it's currently running.
    2. Turn bluetooth on on both Pre and Mac. (Try opening bluetooth preferences on Pre and wait until message says "discoverable" just to be sure).
    3. On Mac, click on Bluetooth icon, mouse over Connect to Network and select the Pre. Make sure you have good network connection on both devices
    4. Attempt to load a webpage on your Mac browser. You should get a red Network Error message on the PRE- this is normal.
    5. NOW, start MyTether on Pre. Turn on USB Tethering. Should get a green "Enable DHCP" message- click OK. Allow a minute for settings to take, then attempt to reload a webpage on Mac. It should work now. If not, try restarting both devices and start from the top. I can definitely confirm that it is working (over bluetooth) which is good enough for me.