Page 208 of 217 FirstFirst ... 108158198203204205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 4339
    I keep getting dhcp failure. Any ideas? It seems like my tether works the first time after I install it. And then it sucks it up after. My computer will sometimes connect, and my zune never will after the first time. My zune always says "dhcp" error. I thought I read about a fix but I can not find it.
    can someone please tell me how to connect via usb cable for macs? I have no clue where to go to connect other than bluetooth....
    I have been reading about My Tether and trying to study up on it so that I am not asking questions that have already been answered somewhere else. The problem with most of this conversation thread is that it is full of people's opinion on whether or not the program should be paid for, donated, or whatever. For the majority of these questions, I honestly think its beside the point, it says that there is a free version and a pay version.

I am looking for the "free" version that states that it can only be connected via USB. I don't think I need anything more than that. Maybe I will and that will be the time to donate but if the free "USB only" version exists, how do I install it? Is there a separate installer? Where do I find it?

I have found other installers but they didn't work or were the older versions. I would love to try this program if it is available.

Would someone please let me know what I should be doing in order to download the most recent installer and any other pertinent steps?

(Funny thing is, if I got a response with a real answer I would probably throw down the $15 to get the full version just because I like the concept of the program and screenshots that I have seen so far. I think that there are many others like myself who would do the same.)

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    I am looking for the "free" version that states that it can only be connected via USB.
    The free version of myTether does not work with WebOS 1.4, unfortunately. Aonic has discontinued support for it, and it is no longer on his site. There is an app called 'Freetether' that has the same functionality, and does work with 1.4. It is not developed by Aonic, and I have not personally ever tried it, but I've heard good things.

Currently, Aonic's myTether is the only one that supports WiFi hotspot functionality on 1.4.

Hope that helped.
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    installed those both and finally got the free tether icon to show, enable ip forwarding and baaaam! its working now thanks to everyone that helped me!!
    I can't get the freetether to work. I installed the ipk files but it won't let me enable the Mobile HotSpot to the on position.

Can you explain to me what you did besides install the ipk?
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    The free version of myTether does not work with WebOS 1.4, unfortunately. Aonic has discontinued support for it, and it is no longer on his site. There is an app called 'Freetether' that has the same functionality, and does work with 1.4. It is not developed by Aonic, and I have not personally ever tried it, but I've heard good things.

Currently, Aonic's myTether is the only one that supports WiFi hotspot functionality on 1.4.

Hope that helped.
    Yes that did very help very much. I appreciate the straight answer.

Can I ask if you have my tether installed? Did it install ok? have any of the issues that people report on here? I realize that everyone's machine is different and there is no clearcut way to tell if it will or will not work on my phone until i actually try it but I am kind of looking for reassurance.

Lots of people have complained about lack of communication and having questions and problems go unanswered and unaddressed for a while. Was this your experience? (I also, full well, know that forums often discuss only the problems and therefore display a disproportionate ratio of problems/success.) I have no problem rewarding the developers (paying for the app) but there is a certain expectation that exists when its a paid app. I just want to know it works and that i can get help if it doesn't.

Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    Can I ask if you have my tether installed? Did it install ok? have any of the issues that people report on here?
    Yes, I have it installed. Yes, it installed with zero problems. I've never had to ask for help on any forums, Aonic's donors-only forum or otherwise. I also had some luck with the Mobile HotSpot that was, let's say: "repurposed", from Verizon, however it no longer works for me in 1.4. Right now, Aonic and myTether are the only game in town if you want wifi hotspot functionality.

Personally, if I did not need to tether as a wifi hotspot, I'd use freetether. No offense meant to anyone, but freetether is open, and the developers (there are more than one) routinely work with the rest of the homebrew community. Aonic is secretive, sometimes seems downright reclusive. He's cashing in, plain and simple, and, so far he seems to be offering a decent product with all the support one guy with a life can offer to the entire Internet at large. I'd say he's trustworthy, especially considering it's only 15 bucks.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by douglasazo View Post
    Can I ask if you have my tether installed? Did it install ok? have any of the issues that people report on here?
    Yes, I have it installed. Yes, it installed with zero problems.
    I have it installed on 1.40 with no problems, except I haven't figured out Wifi sharing yet, only USB. I had a ton of problems with the webos1.40 install until today when I was back to circumstances where i had internet access. Down doctored to 1.30 and upgraded again to 1.40 over wifi. Seems thing to be running smoother, I hadn't even dared to run Preware before, considering all the trouble I was having without any of that. Now I've got a hotspot in my apt.

QUESTIONS:
    How can i open a port on my tether on my Pre?
    Any advice for gettin the wifi to work?
    (WEB OS1.40) (MYTETHER 1.5.1) (USBNET Driver: Microsoft Corporation on Vista32)
    Last edited by mdsn10; 03/26/2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: new info, error
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdsn10 View Post
    QUESTIONS:
    How can i open a port on my tether on my Pre?
    Any advice for gettin the wifi to work?
    (WEB OS1.40) (MYTETHER 1.5.1) (USBNET Driver: Microsoft Corporation on Vista32)
    #1- I don't think this is an option currently. I would ask Aonic over on his donor forum if he plans to add this functionality. Conceptually, it's not hard to do, and the Linux-based firewall on the Pre should support it. The problem is writing the code and the controls for the user to access them. I would envision something like the web-based setup pages present on virtually any WiFi router.

#2- I see that you're using myTether version 1.5. That version is quite old, and does not support wifi hotspot mode on WebOS 1.4. My advice would be to upgrade to myTether version 2.10, which is available on Aonic's donor forums.

Good Luck.
    USB on 1.4 works great... not sure why anyone would want to use anything other than USB given the side benefit that you're charging at the same time.
    When I try to run the file Tether_Real_Installer_.exe I get the following message:

------------------
    To run this application, you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
    v2.0.50727
    Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.
    ------------------

What do I need to do to fix this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Try installing the .NET framework. It's a free download from Microsoft.com. use their search to search for '.NET Framework'. install version 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by heltoupee View Post
    Try installing the .NET framework. It's a free download from Microsoft.com. use their search to search for '.NET Framework'. install version 3.5.
    Well was trying to find that specific .NET framework, but could only find 3.5 and wasn't sure whether that would work. I ended up installing MyTether from my notebook computer, and it worked fine. Was not able to get USB tethering to work, but managed to get wifi tethering to work just fine, which is probably more convenient anyway.

Thanks a million!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

I now have wifi tethering working with my laptop. Works beautifully!

When I am at my mom's, I would like to be able to use her desktop, but it has no built-in wifi capabilities. Would one of those little USB wifi cards you used to use with older laptops (before they all had built in wifi) work on a desktop PC? Seems like it ought to...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

If you are on the fence give the man his due and pay the 15 bones.
    I was fairly disapointed with the pre do to its lack of still comming from winmo I was cringing for justin.tv at work. Well now with this app and my ipod touch I get live sports in the car while working at night. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I just bought Mytether and installed it. It wasn't working for me, but now pre won't connect to EV nor WiFi.

I had rebooted several times with no luck.

I now have a pre with no network connections. When attempting to connect to WiFi, I get "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED".

I uninstalled Mytether, but that did not help.

I had previously had freetether and freetetherd installed.

Do I have to doctor my Pre?
    No need to doctor, just use the WebOS Repair Utility..

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=fryedchikin;2347009]No need to doctor, just use the WebOS Repair Utility..

[URL]
    unfortunately, it did not work. I even did partial erase, still no luck.
    My Tether seems to working at a crawl now. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I just bought Mytether and installed it. It wasn't working for me, but now pre won't connect to EV nor WiFi.

I had rebooted several times with no luck.

I now have a pre with no network connections. When attempting to connect to WiFi, I get "IP CONFIGURATION FAILED".

I uninstalled Mytether, but that did not help.

I had previously had freetether and freetetherd installed.

Do I have to doctor my Pre?
    I am having a similar problem i.e. I am on Sprint and I installed My Tether and I have since lost my EV/3G access. The icons no longer show and toggling the "Data Usage" option in the Phone Preferences menu had not made any difference.

However, I am able connect through WiFi.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.