Page 207 of 217 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4339
    Doc, how simple was it to get it installed once you had access? I had issues a while back when I first tried to install it on 1.4 and I don't even remember what they were anymore. Anyway, I just went back to 1.3.5.1 cause I didn't want to deal with the hassle. Was it just a matter of clicking an install program?
    can you ask him what he did?? i need this working lol btw im running windows 7 or if anyone else could chime in and help
    not one of you can help?
    I know this won't help those who have already donated to My Tether, but for those of you wanting to take the plunge, make sure you register a username for the forums BEFORE you make your donation.

Simply go to forum.mytether.net and click the "Create a Profile" link in the upper right hand corner. When you enter the forums before being a paid donor, you will see two links to separate forums: the non-donor and donor. You won't have access to the donor forum until you donate.

When you do head to make your donation, you will end up at PayPal and there is a box when you can enter your username. Do that and you will have access to the donor forum about 15 seconds after you make your donation.

Good luck!
    omgitsjordan, I suggest install freetether as well. I ran that app and turned ip forwarding on, then the internet worked. Give that a shot. I'm not available to do the searching for you, but just try to search for FreeTether service. Used it for Mobile HotSpot.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    quick question, I donated and installed before leaving on a road trip and it seems like the phone will always connect_ BUT will only work when the phone is not connected via usb

is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    omgitsjordan, I suggest install freetether as well. I ran that app and turned ip forwarding on, then the internet worked. Give that a shot. I'm not available to do the searching for you, but just try to search for FreeTether service. Used it for Mobile HotSpot.
    i think i downloaded that to tryand see if that helps but i dont see any icon on my pre? or am i downloading the wrong thing? thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    i think i downloaded that to tryand see if that helps but i dont see any icon on my pre? or am i downloading the wrong thing? thanks for your help
    same with me, I use wosqi to install the copy of freetether I had and there was no icon... Does someone have a link to the ipk file that does make an icon to click on?
    installed those both and finally got the free tether icon to show, enable ip forwarding and baaaam! its working now thanks to everyone that helped me!!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    You are the best dude...i have been busting my head and trying to figure out what the hell was wroung and this was it..i love precentral. The mytether forums are no help at allllll..love the product though
    Are these 2 files all you need to get freetether? Just install these through WebosQi?

This is the first time I've looked into tethering and wouldn't mind trying it if its easy enough.

FYI I have a sprint pre.
    running 1.4
    Last edited by kuruptlon; 03/22/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    Happy customer reporting.....I like! Works great!
    I'm no IT guy, I'll admit... Could you please send me the instructions to download everything I need to get to tether? I am using Windows 7.
    Thanks...
    MyTether forums appear to be down...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Kids, making your mytether DB password "myt37h3r" is never a good idea.... Although making the error page display the db password is even worse...
    It wasn't me officer, I swear.
    I just donated (finally) and am cannot download, connect, etc. All I am getting is Error =mysqli_connect0 = not happy.
    I was happy user of MHS until 1.4 came along, so took the plunge and now nothing.

I see not above it was down on 22nd, but this is 24th.
    I haven't been able to get a tether wifi signal for about two days. This started after I completed the USB connection. Is there a correlation between the telephone signal reception and the mytether wifi signal capabilities. I am only getting 1(one) bar in my house now, no more than two. At times it says that everything is connected, but internet will still not connect. Can anyone give any insight?????
    Does this tethering work for WebOS 1.4?
    Hey all, I have been using MyTehter Wifi without a hitch. I was experimeting with USB connection at work. I get everything to work right, driver, connection, ip address, etc., but I can't get IE to connect to web pages. Since I am at work, I believe I am signed into a network and I was disabling their network connection to try to surf over the Pre. Is this possible? Or am I up a creek since I am on a work domain?