Page 201 of 217 FirstFirst ... 101151191196197198199200201202203204205206211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by ieatpasta View Post
    just downloaded and tested it on my laptop, i can confirm that it works with little effort. btw use palm pre 1.4, not plus
    is there know issues with the pre plus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Just an update I found a post that showed the instructions on how to install mytether manually and it worked. Got 2.1 running.

wget -qO /tmp/tethering http://mytether.net/get.beta.php
    /bin/sh /tmp/tethering

Takes awhile (at least using WebOS Quick Install) before you see anything happening but it does work.
    how long is a while??? lol i've been sitting here watching this think for 30 min and nothing is happening
    mytether wifi donor version does work great. I have been with mytether for a few months now. After the 1.4 update I had to uninstall mythether then reinstall it (using the donor installer off the mytether site) It works perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    mytether wifi donor version does work great. I have been with mytether for a few months now. After the 1.4 update I had to uninstall mythether then reinstall it (using the donor installer off the mytether site) It works perfect.
    since you say for months, i am assuming its a sprint pre. Anyone that can report a pre plus working without the 3g data disappearing and cuasing issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by audiofx View Post
    is there know issues with the pre plus?
    dont own a plus, so cant tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    how long is a while??? lol i've been sitting here watching this think for 30 min and nothing is happening
    took me like 2~4 minutes of waiting before it installed.

first enter the first line, press enter.
    then put in the second line, and press enter. should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ieatpasta View Post
    dont own a plus, so cant tell ya.

took me like 2~4 minutes of waiting before it installed.

first enter the first line, press enter.
    then put in the second line, and press enter. should work.
    Where can i enter a wget command?
    i am now tethering from mytether 2.1.0 works perfectly..... Palm SDK is needed to make the installer work
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andreeeeeww View Post
    i can't get anything to pick up the connection. it says tethering enabled.. network: aonet.. but none of my devices are picking it up. i have freetether installed too if that makes any difference. also mobile hotspot isn't working. i just wanna be able to use tethering
    i had problems too. then i turned OFF dev mode, and restarted my pre. now i have wi-fi, but still no usb tethering. anyone help with the usb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlsports View Post
    i had problems too. then i turned OFF dev mode, and restarted my pre. now i have wi-fi, but still no usb tethering. anyone help with the usb?
    Pre or pre Plus? I am trying it now on a plus
    same issues
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stlsports View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andreeeeeww View Post
    i can't get anything to pick up the connection. it says tethering enabled.. network: aonet.. but none of my devices are picking it up. i have freetether installed too if that makes any difference. also mobile hotspot isn't working. i just wanna be able to use tethering
    I read that you had to remove Freetether because it interferes with Mytether. However, I just used Freetether to "turn on ip forwarding" and then Mytether works fine without uninstalling Freetether. I suppose I could uninstall Freetether and see if that works, but as long as mine is working, I'm not going to change anything.
    I have freetether, freetetherd, mytether, and whatever else mytether installs, but I can't get it to work. I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre version 1.4. I never got Mobile Hotspot to work before 1.4 either. So idk if I'm just ******. But it doesn't work. Please tell me how to do it step by step. I don't understand. Oh and by the way, I have the mytether installer. I paid for it. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    I have freetether, freetetherd, mytether, and whatever else mytether installs, but I can't get it to work. I'm using a Sprint Palm Pre version 1.4. I never got Mobile Hotspot to work before 1.4 either. So idk if I'm just ******. But it doesn't work. Please tell me how to do it step by step. I don't understand. Oh and by the way, I have the mytether installer. I paid for it. Thanks.
    I haven't been following the thread, but I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of MyTether (from the donor forum) and it worked. The instructions change a little, so take another look at them in the first post (of the donor's forum thread on MyTether's site).

I deleted the old MyTether from my phone by holding the option key and pressing the icon, installed the Palm SDK, and then fired up the MyTether installer, iirc.

I don't have time to verify or type step-by-step, but I hope that helps someone.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    Just an update I found a post that showed the instructions on how to install mytether manually and it worked. Got 2.1 running.

wget -qO /tmp/tethering http://mytether.net/get.beta.php
    /bin/sh /tmp/tethering

Takes awhile (at least using WebOS Quick Install) before you see anything happening but it does work.
    I also confirm! It works! With WebOS 1.4

There is something wrong with the linux command, probably lack of "|" symbol (without quotes). Instead, I used WebOS Quick Install to install MyTether 2.1.0 and FreeTether (required to turn on IP forwarding).

I just opened the URL http://mytether.net/get.beta.php in a computer browser. The code is very intuitive and it is easy to compose a URL for MyTether app (net.aonic.my-tether_2.1.0_all.ipk) and MyTether service (net.aonic.tether_1.1.6_all.ipk for WebOS 1.4, net.aonic.tether_1.1.5_all.ipk previous versions (unconfirmed)). Both the app and the service need to be installed.

If you never installed FreeTether before, it also consists of the app and the service for Pre (service for Pixi or service for emulator). Both the app and the service need to be installed.

After installing the 4 ipk's, restart the phone, launch FreeTether, enable IP forwarding, close FreeTether if you want, launch MyTether and enable. Profit!
    kruglov: you don't need the FreeTether app for myTether in webos 1.4. aonic updated the tetherservice from 1.1.5 to 1.1.6 to fix issues people were having.

i understand all this fuss over getting a tethering app going, but aonic is not going to let all of you continue to download this program without donating. furthermore, without all of the legitimate user's donations this program wouldn't be in its current state and wouldn't continue to be updated. that money goes to support hosting fees for the server. more traffic, but no more money means this wont last if you cheat. i wouldn't be surprised if he "poisoned" the direct links that are posted here. maybe you will get a version that makes your cpu run 10x as fast and burns out your pre. download at your own peril.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    jmcloud_utk: it only worked with IP forwarding enabled in FreeTether.

1) I understand that the app is supposed to be paid for. But I did not feel like "donating" for a product that did not work for many donor users with WebOS 1.4. I needed something to test before I pay. And this is a Beta version, i.e. free to test at your own risk.
    2) I intentionally posted direct links to FreeTether, but not to MyTether 2.1.0 Beta.
    3) Poisoning the ipk's is like spreading computer viruses. I hope the WebOS community is above that. If you don't want to share, just remove it from public access.
    4) "Donation" really needs to be renamed into paid app. But enough said about it already.

I will test it for several days, and if all is well, I'll pay for the full version, which I encourage everyone to do. Good effort deserves reward.
    myTether + FreeTether was a user posted hack that seemed to restore the functionality of sprint phones myTether when they blindly (or automatically) updated to webos 1.4. this user-discovered patch was made obsolete when aonic released tetherservice 1.1.6.

it's not beta. it's the full version. the beta was from when he got rid of the need to patch and restart in the old version. for some reason or another, he didn't bother changing the request link in that command and the installer. if you were a donor you would know that. now, instead of working on fixing the bugs in the newest (non beta) version and working to overcome issues, aonic has to install a paywall and set of restricted file servers on his site to prevent his hosting fees from skyrocketing.

the only reason why it doesn't work for many donor users, is because they don't read directions or bother thinking about the consequences of their actions or know how to work with computers. it's a hack. its not an app. myTether will never be in the app store so every moron can pay for it and install it. just like themes and patches.

mytether and/or the phones broke or got issues because many people blindly updated to 1.4 without investigating what issues updating could cause myTether or not. Aonic clearly requested donors not to update to 1.4 until he had a working version. but of course.. this is all on the donor forum. too many people think that if they pay for something then it has to work right, every time, and install automatically and easily. you don't pay for the app, you pay for the forum.

i'm glad you seem to be so honest about paying eventually. do you think many people here are in the same boat? how about all that other donorware you have? did you donate to preware or webos quick install for their work?
    Last edited by jmcloud_utk; 03/04/2010 at 04:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    =/ people forget the risks when they want an app from a developer that is not allowed access to webos updates prior to release date...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcloud_utk View Post
    you don't pay for the app, you pay for the forum.
    And therein lies the rub... if you are paying only for forum access, and find a way to get the app without forum access how can this be "wrong"?

The same loopholes that allow the DEV to charge for a program outside of official channels make it possible for people to obtain his app outside of official channels.

That being said, I don't agree with people "pirating" the App as I believe that the author should be allowed to set a price for the work he's done. Heck, I even reported it to Aonic when I found someone selling the App on eBay without his permission. However, by calling it a donation, not a purchase, it's impossible to claim theft.

The way people should be looking at this is simple, do you want the App enough to pay the DEV what he's asking? If yes, then there you go. If no, then you don't need the App that badly.
    Last edited by Spader; 03/04/2010 at 06:18 PM.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    MyTether 2.1.0 was a breakthrough in the stability of this app. It worked flawlessly ever since WebOS Internals got involved. The developer posted an immediate update once OS 1.4 was released and it worked exactly as he said it would. It's been running great for me ever since.