Page 199 of 217 FirstFirst ... 99149189194195196197198199200201202203204209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4339
    "Mytether works great for me. Removed freetether and freetetherd and then installed them. Then i went into the freetether app and turn on ip forwarding on and then opened up mytether and voila it worked great over wifi"

it works.. check the donor forum.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Funny, he doesn't have a problem taking everyone's money, that part is responsive.

If you buy something that is stolen from another persons code and violates contracts from other companies, where you're forced to "donate" thereby allowing someone to collect all the money but none of the responsibility for the app, what do you expect???

There are better ways with more support that are free on this forum. Sometimes you don't get what you paid for when you enter in shady deals.
    sucks to be you....since you make it sounds so easy..why don't you go ahead and write your own tethering programs..mytether works fine for me..you must be having problems because of your smartphone/webos knowledge deficiency
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    all tethering options are dead as of 1.4.
    check this out
    My Tether :: Donors Only
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I updated to webos 1.4 this morning and here is MY experience (which has been good)

1. Before updating, I uninstalled MyTether using Preware
    2. The update to 1.4 took about 1 hour. As other users have noted, the longest activity was "unpacking" the updater (seemed to take about 20 minutes). But downloading over WIFI took about 15 min, and installing also took about 15 minutes. And first reboot took about 5 minutes. So be patient.
    3. After the update, I installed the latest MyTether 2.1 using the Mac installer. Installed fine. I connected fine from my Linux machine to the Pre's WIFI. However, IP forwarding was apparently disabled.
    4. As suggested above, I installed the two freetether packages using WebOSQuickInstall. Rebooted my Pre.
    5. I first launched FreeTether and enabled IP Forwarding
    6. Then I launched MyTether, connected to the Pre via WIFI. And now I have great Internet access on my Linux computer. IP Forwarding seems to be solid. It's not on-again/off-again. At least while I'm posting this note.

Obviously, using two tethering applications is NOT the way to go. But I think this points to what must be done with MyTether to keep IP Forwarding enabled. So, I look forward to a new version of MyTether soon so that I can uninstall FreeTether.

By the way, I was able to watch a video on Hulu.com while writing this. I don't recommend abusing your Sprint connection like that. I was just checking whether it worked, and it did. So, speed is very good. Connection remained solid for 15 minutes (didn't try longer).
    by AndrewL733
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    1.4 and MyTether are working just fine for me! I am using Sprint Palm Pre with Windows 7, and connecting via a kensington usb bluetooth..no changes as far as how i get to the sprintpcs connection. I am using the free version and I DID NOT uninstall prior to updating to WebOS 1.4 either

my routine is:

1. connect bluetooth on laptop to pre
    2. select connect to access point on windows 7 bluetooth option
    3. allow pre to connect..i get an AUTH error.
    4. I then turn on tethering on my tether, enable DHCP when window pops up
    5. few seconds later, IP address is given to my laptop and I'm surfin!!
    6. Posted this comment while myTether'n

Last edited by cjitty; 02/27/2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    uninstall from the app list and then reinstall from root.

works fine for me.

i'm posting through my tethered 1.4 pre
    If any have a problem went istalling My tether 2.1. Went i Clik the check compability botton a window apear saying "Unhandled exception has ocurred in you aplication. If you click continue, the application will install" but it dosent. Any Help?
    Any one found a way to let 2.1.0 know that the WiFi patch is not/has not ever been installed?

I don't have a .mytether folder in /media/internal and I have never used version 2.0.4 at all.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I will confirm that myTether 2.1 works with 1.4. You need to run freetether and freetetherd. I am posting to my 1.4 pre, download test was 1.35 Mbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by theguilfoyle View Post
    I will confirm that myTether 2.1 works with 1.4. You need to run freetether and freetetherd. I am posting to my 1.4 pre, download test was 1.35 Mbs.
    I can confirm also my tether 2.1 on 1.4 works.
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post
    I updated to webos 1.4 this morning and here is MY experience (which has been good)

2. The update to 1.4 took about 1 hour. As other users have noted, the longest activity was "unpacking" the updater (seemed to take about 20 minutes). But downloading over WIFI took about 15 min, and installing also took about 15 minutes. And first reboot took about 5 minutes. So be patient.
    3. After the update, I installed the latest MyTether 2.1 using the Mac installer. Installed fine. I connected fine from my Linux machine to the Pre's WIFI. However, IP forwarding was apparently disabled.
    4. As suggested above, I installed the two freetether packages using WebOSQuickInstall. Rebooted my Pre.
    6. Then I launched MyTether, connected to the Pre via WIFI. And now I have great Internet access on my Linux computer. IP Forwarding seems to be solid. It's not on-again/off-again. At least while I'm posting this note.

Obviously, using two tethering applications is NOT the way to go. But I think this points to what must be done with MyTether to keep IP Forwarding enabled. So, I look forward to a new version of MyTether soon so that I can uninstall FreeTether.

By the way, I was able to watch a video on Hulu.com while writing this. I don't recommend abusing your Sprint connection like that. I was just checking whether it worked, and it did. So, speed is very good. Connection remained solid for 15 minutes (didn't try longer).
    by AndrewL733
    same worked for me
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    use the updated my tether trust me it will work, worked for me just get the ip fowarding freetether app it will work fine.
    When you say the updated MyTether, are you talking about the donor version?
    Aonic just fixed the installer in his donor section. We are back in business. Thanks AOnic!!!!! Posting while tethering..
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchman71 View Post
    Aonic just fixed the installer in his donor section. We are back in business. Thanks AOnic!!!!! Posting while tethering..
    Watt happen with th installer?
    All I know is that if you took the necessary precautions before updating to 1.4, (removing all patches via quickinstall or preware, running epr after, removing mytether completely, remove theme, etc.) you should have no problems re-installing the free or donor version of mytether. I believe both of the installer are working properly.
    After I updated my pre I used the installer and "bow bow" mytether was running like a champ... also note that you might want to change your wifi name and wpa (donors).
    Last edited by Loco Wit The Pre; 02/28/2010 at 11:08 PM.
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion747 View Post
    Watt happen with th installer?
    He fixed the problem that was requiring the use of FreeTether for IP forwarding. If you update to the newest version, it works on its own without the use of FreeTether.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papla View Post

This worked for me on a clean 1.4 install from webOS Doctor -- first time in a long time that I've had functioning tethering.
    Okay. I have a question. I remember myTether not being too safe to use & people should avoid it because of the way it installs & how it works. Were all the kinks worked out? Is it okay to use now because I'd like to use it especially since I "paid"/donated for it. I just don't want it to mess up my Pre and then I have to keep doctoring it. Thanks!!
    I wonder if anyone can help.
    This was working perfectly till I decided to disable the associated network connection from device manager. Reason for this is, otherwise each time I connected my Palm (even for charging) the laptop stopped talking to my network. So the idea was do enable the network adaptor for the pre (on the laptop) ONLY when I needed to use it.
    However, I now find that the connector is not available for enablement in devie manager.

Any ideas how I can recreate the adaptop.
    Note that the Palm does charge and I can access it as a USB device as well.
    Wireless also works. Just USB not working
    thank you