Page 197 of 217 FirstFirst ... 97147187192193194195196197198199200201202207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4339
    open mytether, let run-even though it might not fully open- close the app and then plug back into the computer and open via usb. this worked for me...
    yeah this thing is great and all...but....can i use it to play xbox live?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Anybody knows how to revert the PmNetConfigManager modification made by the free version of mytether ?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    if i want to tether for free. is the homebrew app my only option? it seems that as the webos is always updating that it requires alot of time and effort to get your phone to work as a modem or hotspot. Is this the case? im willing to pay for software if they have it? im also willing to pay somoen to show me how to do this. please email me .
    hey there, do we know if this works for the apple os as well?
    I have the 2.1.4 tether installer but everytime I run the .exe I keep getting an unhandled exception error. Can anyone help please.
    The donor forum is ridiculously unhelpful. I have a simple question:
    Since the new installer does not uninstall, how do we remove the newest version in order to make sure ALL files are removed and the service is removed as well? And please don't say just delete using orange plus tapping the app. That does NOT remove all files.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    The donor forum is ridiculously unhelpful.
    +1 on that. Considering especially that its a "donor" forum.
    The donor forum is ridiculously unhelpful. I have a simple question:
    Since the new installer does not uninstall, how do we remove the newest version in order to make sure ALL files are removed and the service is removed as well? And please don't say just delete using orange plus tapping the app. That does NOT remove all files.
    If the version you're trying to remove is 2.1.x then you can fully remove via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall.

You are correct that Orange+tap doesn't do the trick (thanks Rod )
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If the version you're trying to remove is 2.1.x then you can fully remove via Preware or WebOSQuickInstall.

Thank you. I assume that we would need to remove the service through Preware as well as just the app?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Thank you. I assume that we would need to remove the service through Preware as well as just the app?
    I assume so...I know doing it through WebOS Quick Install the program and the service were listed separately. I removed them both pending the new OS update and (other people) testing.
    Does anyone know why my pre is so slow? This is with 2.1.0, full signal bars.

Sorry, I am on Sprint Network
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post

Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but how do you remove via WEBOSQI? I have never tried removing a program that way before.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Hopefully this isn't a stupid question, but how do you remove via WEBOSQI? I have never tried removing a program that way before.
    Use the "Device Management" option... it will load a list of your installed applications (with a drop down menu to see patches instead). Simply check the box next to the things you want to remove and then click "Remove".
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I just stopped using mytether all together...i liked having the usb option better than the wifi anyways..but once that stopped working correctly i just went over to the mobile hotspot app. I linked that up with my laptop wirelessly and that works without issue..I keep my phone on the charger while i am online...only issue ive found is that i lose battery quickly even with it charging which i don't really understand..but I've found a workaround on this issue...after I'm done on my laptop i disconnect from the hotspot and restart my phone(notice i said restart not turn off and back on) then while on the charger it goes back to its normal charging cycle...i should mention that im using a bigger battery which is why im not bothered by losing battery for a short time...i also always keep a spare so I'm good. Hope this in someway helps.
    anyone seen aconic? he aint going to his forums even.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    anyone seen aconic? he aint going to his forums even.
    Funny, he doesn't have a problem taking everyone's money, that part is responsive.

If you buy something that is stolen from another persons code and violates contracts from other companies, where you're forced to "donate" thereby allowing someone to collect all the money but none of the responsibility for the app, what do you expect???

There are better ways with more support that are free on this forum. Sometimes you don't get what you paid for when you enter in shady deals.
    For those of you having issues with your PalmPre and mytether 2.1.0 and Windows 7, I think patience is key. Here is my process that worked for me:

1) Install mytether on your WebOS version 1.3.5.1 via the installer on the donor page)
    2) Once installed, restart your Pre (hold the power button and select Power then Restart
    3) Once restarted, open mytether and enable WiFi. If it asks you to remove a patch, then remove the patch, wait like 10-15 seconds then reset your phone again after closing mytether. I decided to change my network name and disable encryption for the time being. If you want to keep encryption, make sure your passcode is exactly 13 characters otherwise it won't work.
    4) Go to the Windows 7 wireless network selection, and wait a second and/or refresh, and you should see your Pre Wifi network listed with a yellow !
    5) Connect to the network via Windows and now wait. Go to your PalmPre and wait for your PC to show up in the "Connected Devices"
    6) Once it shows up, open up your web browser and go to the website of your choice. You computer should lock in an IP address and you should be accessing the internet through your Pre as a wifi hotspot.

CONFIRMED that mytether 2.1.0 works on Web OS 1.3.5.1 using Windows 7.
    Last edited by aeonracer; 02/23/2010 at 08:41 PM.
    wow. a lot of hating on myTether. Mobile Hotspot is known to have power issues. this was the same for myTether in the beginning as well. just wait a few months for verizon to issue a patch. also, myTether may be a "donation" or a "payment", but its way better than a lot of software for sale on the pre. like all those cloned sports apps that clutter up the app store or media remote, which requires $6 for a BETA version and doesn't include updates. WOW! so now i am paying to beta test? ohh wait, thats the norm now (MW2, Bioshock2, etc, etc, etc)

developers: stop charging people to beta test your software. do not release something for sale unless it's at least what you claim it is.

PS: i run myTether 2.1 wifi and i get 150ms, 1.03down, 0.5 consistently. and no, you can't play on Xbox Live because your latency is too high.