Page 196 of 217 FirstFirst ... 96146186191192193194195196197198199200201206 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4339
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nepaminer32 View Post
    in order for this to work do i still need the mobile hotspot app? i can't find a link for it anywhere...please help!!
    No you don't need it.
    Hate to be a ****, but I really don't want to scan through almost 200 pages of posts looking for an answer that may not be there (but probably is, somewhere =\).

I've installed the most recent unpaid version of MyTether, which required rooting and linux commands to install, and all seems to have went well as far as the installation process was concerned. I can now tether via USB connection while running MyTether, which is all I really *need*, but I'd love to see the WiFi hotspot functionality in action.

Regardless of my efforts, I can't get AoNet to show up on the network list of any of my devices (computer, PSP, etc.) while running MyTether in WiFi mode. The phone's WiFi is turned off during these tests, and I have DHCP enabled, as well as USBNet. I've considered that it may be a hidden network, but inputting the network SSID manually isn't effective either. I'm pretty sure this is probably a common problem. If there is a solution, would anyone mind informing me, or pointing me to the page and post(s) on the forum where it is resolved? Or is this an issue with the unpaid version that will never be resolved for free?

Also, as the beginning of the post implies, I can't tether via Bluetooth either. I can connect my Pre as a Bluetooth device, and in my connections it is defined as a "Network Access Point" or something to that effect, but regardless, the computer won't acknowledge that it's been given a new form of network access once the phone is connected via Bluetooth. I run MyTether in USB mode with USBNet enabled while attempting this. The only issue I can see is that I'm unsure how to connect to the phone "in a PAN network." My computer has a "PAN Network Server" service that runs as a small icon in the task bar, but I can't seem to find a way to connect to other Bluetooth devices as a PAN network "client," per se. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    Hate to be a ****, but I really don't want to scan through almost 200 pages of posts looking for an answer that may not be there (but probably is, somewhere =\).

I've installed the most recent unpaid version of MyTether, which required rooting and linux commands to install, and all seems to have went well as far as the installation process was concerned. I can now tether via USB connection while running MyTether, which is all I really *need*, but I'd love to see the WiFi hotspot functionality in action.

Regardless of my efforts, I can't get AoNet to show up on the network list of any of my devices (computer, PSP, etc.) while running MyTether in WiFi mode. The phone's WiFi is turned off during these tests, and I have DHCP enabled, as well as USBNet. I've considered that it may be a hidden network, but inputting the network SSID manually isn't effective either. I'm pretty sure this is probably a common problem. If there is a solution, would anyone mind informing me, or pointing me to the page and post(s) on the forum where it is resolved? Or is this an issue with the unpaid version that will never be resolved for free?

Also, as the beginning of the post implies, I can't tether via Bluetooth either. I can connect my Pre as a Bluetooth device, and in my connections it is defined as a "Network Access Point" or something to that effect, but regardless, the computer won't acknowledge that it's been given a new form of network access once the phone is connected via Bluetooth. I run MyTether in USB mode with USBNet enabled while attempting this. The only issue I can see is that I'm unsure how to connect to the phone "in a PAN network." My computer has a "PAN Network Server" service that runs as a small icon in the task bar, but I can't seem to find a way to connect to other Bluetooth devices as a PAN network "client," per se. Any ideas? Any help is much appreciated.
    I use the paid version with the windows installer (so worth it, by the way) but I know something like this has been troubling people since the newest update, so maybe the solution I found will work for you.

The wireless encryption was changed from WEP to WPA2 in the last update of MyTether. This means your old encryption passkey might not be the correct number of characters if you've upgraded. You've probably tried using a blank password already, disabling encryption, but if not then maybe if you change your passkey to be 13 characters exactly, it will work for you. When it's longer or shorter than 13 (except when it's blank), the SSID does not seem to broadcast.

So, change yours to 13 characters and see what happens. Hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I keep getting an error message when trying to connect to mytether via my laptop. First, few datails:

-running windows XP
    -version 2.1 of mytether installed successfully
    -no previous versions of mytether installed
    -

I am getting this message when I click on AoNet..."Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbs View Post
    I use the paid version with the windows installer (so worth it, by the way) but I know something like this has been troubling people since the newest update, so maybe the solution I found will work for you.

The wireless encryption was changed from WEP to WPA2 in the last update of MyTether. This means your old encryption passkey might not be the correct number of characters if you've upgraded. You've probably tried using a blank password already, disabling encryption, but if not then maybe if you change your passkey to be 13 characters exactly, it will work for you. When it's longer or shorter than 13 (except when it's blank), the SSID does not seem to broadcast.

So, change yours to 13 characters and see what happens. Hope that helps!
    I appreciate the reply, but the unpaid version doesn't support encrypted security at all! =P There's no place or way in the app to change a WEP code. The unchangeable network ID of "AoNet" hasn't successfully shown up in any of the devices I've tried since my first attempt. Am I missing something? Is there a more recent unpaid version? I simply followed the directions and links in the first post of this topic, so if there is a more recent unpaid ver., then I suppose that post hasn't been updated since then.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber Mage View Post
    I appreciate the reply, but the unpaid version doesn't support encrypted security at all! =P There's no place or way in the app to change a WEP code. The unchangeable network ID of "AoNet" hasn't successfully shown up in any of the devices I've tried since my first attempt. Am I missing something? Is there a more recent unpaid version? I simply followed the directions and links in the first post of this topic, so if there is a more recent unpaid ver., then I suppose that post hasn't been updated since then.
    What version of WebOS are you running?

What version of My Tether are you running?

I believe the last free version of My Tether was 1.5.1. Wifi tethering will not work in this version if you are running WebOS 1.3.1 or newer.

If you have WebOS 1.3.1 or newer, you will need My Tether 2.0.4 or 2.1.0 for Wifi to work, both of which require a donation.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    with the donor version I can connect wifi to my iPod and my Tivo systems but can not connect to my win 7 laptops (2 Laptops) or my Desktop (one), My tether shows up as an access point but a yellow triangle appears with only local connection
    Maybe someone here can help... I installed the paid My Tether in my Pre Plus. It works, but my phone gets SUPER HOT and then dies - actually trashed the battery the first time. Any time I turn on wifi in My Tether, it immediately starts heating up.
    Any help? Is there another program than My Tether that may be safer?
    can someone plaese tell me if there is a way to completly remove mytether 2.1 without dr.ing my phone. Thank you very much for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    can someone plaese tell me if there is a way to completly remove mytether 2.1 without dr.ing my phone. Thank you very much for your help.
    I believe, if it's 2.1, then it can be fully removed via Preware, WebOSQuickInstall or by "orange" + tap.

Earlier versions were the ones that required more extensive work to fully remove.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I believe, if it's 2.1, then it can be fully removed via Preware, WebOSQuickInstall or by "orange" + tap.

Earlier versions were the ones that required more extensive work to fully remove.
    Preware and wosqi - yes.

Orange + tap - no, this will leave the service installed behind the scenes.

Always use Preware or WOSQI to install and remove advanced homebrew.

-- Rod
    Well, you learn something new everyday. haha
    I removed my tether 2.1 with quick install but, when I ran EFV it showed the following still installed "/usr/bin/PmNetConfigManager" which, correct me if I'm wrong, is part of my tether. Does this need to be changed or removed before 1.4 update?
    Did you have a previous version of MyTether before 2.1?
    I did awhile back, then dr.ed my phone cause 3D games weren't playing. I check my phone via USB and in the my tether file there were 2 folders that said PmNetConfigManager one said new the other said old. They were never there until I reinstalled my tether 2.1
    If you've already purchased the 2.0.4 version, do you have to purchase the 2.1.4 version? If not how do you remove the patch and update the 2.0.4 version to the 2.1.4?
    Can anybody walk me through my tether for my pre. I am running webOS 1.3.5.1 and i undersatand that i need to make a donation for my tehter and am willing to do so but i would love it if someone can walkme through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Anyone who has used My Tether 2.0.4, you MUST do this BEFORE installing the new beta version.

2.0.4 is the version that requires the patch for Wifi tethering.

If you have removed 2.0.4 from your Pre, you will need to reinstall it before doing this.

1. With My Tether 2.0.4 installed, connect your Pre to your computer and put in USB drive mode.

2. Using My Computer, Go into your Pre and open up the folder called ".mytether".

3. Using Notepad, open up the file called "patched". Change the number to 1 and then save it.

4. Find the folder called "orig" and delete it.

5. Eject your Pre from your computer and disconnect the USB cable.

6. Open up My Tether and go into Wifi. Then go into options and turn the Wifi tethering patch to OFF. Your Pre will now download some files. This will take a few minutes. (make sure your Pre has a data connection) Reboot your Pre when prompted to do so.

7. Remove My Tether 2.0.4 from your Pre and install the new beta version.
    I followed the steps exactly for removing the patch, and once the files were downloaded and it prompted me to reset my phone I pressed continue. In the process of my phone restarting a warning symbol came up and under it read www.palm.com/ROM. Now I'm having to run webosdoctor on my phone and it's completely resetting. Why did this happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    What version of WebOS are you running?

What version of My Tether are you running?

I believe the last free version of My Tether was 1.5.1. Wifi tethering will not work in this version if you are running WebOS 1.3.1 or newer.

If you have WebOS 1.3.1 or newer, you will need My Tether 2.0.4 or 2.1.0 for Wifi to work, both of which require a donation.
    Yep, latest WebOS and the latest free version of MyTether. That confirms it, and thanks for the help. One more thing though: is it necessary to fully uninstall the older version of MyTether to allow a newer version to work properly?

Also, any ideas regarding the Bluetooth tethering issue I mentioned two of my posts ago? (Summary: USB tether works fine, but BT tether does not. More details in the original post.)
    Last edited by Saber Mage; 02/16/2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Added a link.
    I reinstalled my tether2.0.4 and when i went into my USB there were no .mytether folders. Any advise? Please help me