Page 195 of 217 FirstFirst ... 95145185190191192193194195196197198199200205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4339
    As usual another release comes out and its touted as being the saving grace. Yet again Wi-Fi tethering is broken and shows no sign of being fixed. 90% of systems show local only connections despite trying all suggested "fixes". The usage gauge is not even remotely accurate and the program is laggy as can be with little to no documentation.

I wont say its a waste of the $10 I spent last fall but this app hasn't worked worth beans in about 4 months and I don't think I'll ever even bother with it again. I don't want to install 500 different patches on a pc to USB tether and most PCs don't have BT. Give me simple reliable Wi-Fi (not ad-hoc) tethering and you'll have my $50 the very same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by vteclipsegs View Post
    As usual another release comes out and its touted as being the saving grace. Yet again Wi-Fi tethering is broken and shows no sign of being fixed. 90% of systems show local only connections despite trying all suggested "fixes". The usage gauge is not even remotely accurate and the program is laggy as can be with little to no documentation.

I wont say its a waste of the $10 I spent last fall but this app hasn't worked worth beans in about 4 months and I don't think I'll ever even bother with it again. I don't want to install 500 different patches on a pc to USB tether and most PCs don't have BT. Give me simple reliable Wi-Fi (not ad-hoc) tethering and you'll have my $50 the very same day.
    You should look into MHS. We haven't had any problems yet.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts

How is Wifi tethering broken? It works just fine. You don't have to install any patches on your computer, you have to install drivers...big difference. Dirvers are required for anything you hook up to a computer.

Keep in mind that you are not supposed to be able to tether at all, so you shouldn't expect this to be perfect. You always have the option of paying $60 a month for an air card.
    I'm sure this was all because he opened the flood gates on Verizon's Pre Plus. Verizon isn't going to let anyone use/abuse their services without a shake down, especially when this program uses the mobile hotspot made specifically for Verizon so that they can charge its subscribers on a monthly basis. You should've just let that part of it go and stayed with the Sprint side. Now you will probably ruin the fun for everyone...
    I find that if you have freetether installed at the same time mytether is installed, you have to make sure that freetether is set to ip forwarding enabled, or mytether will show as local only.. Maybe those with problems getting internet access to work can try this? Me personally, if I do not turn on ip forwarding in freetether, mytether will not connect to the internet. I have not tried uninstalling freetether and seeing if mytether will work, as I want to keep freetether and MHS just in case..
    For those that are having problems and do not have freetether installed along side of mytether, maybe install freetether, enable ip forwarding and then try to connect with mytether..
    I don't know if this has been asked but with the new 3.0 tether does it allow you to connect multiple devices just like the verizon hotspot app?
    Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjordan View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked but with the new 3.0 tether does it allow you to connect multiple devices just like the verizon hotspot app?
    Yes. 5 connections at a time are allowed. You can even swipe to delete connections that you do not want connected.
    sweet thank you, I'm just wondering if I should wait to see if this app is going to be broken with the 1.4 update coming soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Looks great. I know this was a big missing feature for some, especially many coming from Windows Mobile, so its great to see it possible.
    Actually there are two apps to put up a mobile wifi hot spot on Windows Mobile. I've used them both. They work great. One is called Walking Hotspot, the other is WMWifi Router.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maczealot View Post
    Actually there are two apps to put up a mobile wifi hot spot on Windows Mobile. I've used them both. They work great. One is called Walking Hotspot, the other is WMWifi Router.
    I know, that's why I said I was missing it on Palm coming from Windows Mobile. I used it routinely on my Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    How is Wifi tethering broken? It works just fine. You don't have to install any patches on your computer, you have to install drivers...big difference. Dirvers are required for anything you hook up to a computer.

Keep in mind that you are not supposed to be able to tether at all, so you shouldn't expect this to be perfect. You always have the option of paying $60 a month for an air card.
    Wi-Fi tethering does not work in 2.1. It only provides a local only connection. I have no tried this with IP forwarding as Aonic hasnt said its needed. USB tethering only gives you 1 PC, not 5 like Wi-Fi.
    This should fix that:

1. Connect your Pre to your computer in USB drive mode.
    2. Open the folder called ".mytether".
    3. Using Notepad, open the file called "patched", change the number to 1 and save it.
    4. Find the folder called "orig" and delete it.
    5. Take your Pre out of USB drive mode and open My Tether. You should then see this:

Click on unpatch. It will download some files from Aonic. This will take a few minutes. Make sure you have a data connection (EVDO or Wifi) before doing this.
    Nope it did not work and i dont have the folder call ".mytether" in my pre... help plz
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Nope it did not work and i dont have the folder call ".mytether" in my pre... help plz
    I'm not sure what your problem might be then. That fix has worked for most people that had previously used 2.0.4.

This fix was similar when this was in beta, but you had to do it with 2.0.4 installed. You could try doing it that way. Go back to page 193 and scroll down to post 3847 (the one with the big red text)

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what the problem is. You might just want to go to the thread in Aonic's forum for help.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/12/2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: removed dead link
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Wi-Fi tethering does not work in 2.1. It only provides a local only connection. I have no tried this with IP forwarding as Aonic hasnt said its needed. USB tethering only gives you 1 PC, not 5 like Wi-Fi.
    Wifi tethering does work in 2.1. I am using it right now.
    how can i put the old version of my tether so i can then use the steps mentioned above.... if i try to download directly, the new mytether does not work. The computer sees it and the pre sees the computer.... it says successfully connected but when i try to go into the web it says (no web site found). using another pre i have here it works fine... but i did have the old mytether on it and used the steps above to upgrade...
    Wifi tethering does work in 2.1. I am using it right now.
    +1
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    how can i put the old version of my tether so i can then use the steps mentioned above.... if i try to download directly, the new mytether does not work. The computer sees it and the pre sees the computer.... it says successfully connected but when i try to go into the web it says (no web site found). using another pre i have here it works fine... but i did have the old mytether on it and used the steps above to upgrade...
    The installer for the old version (2.0.4) is here:

My Tether :: Donors Only
    ok the news article on the front page says you can now install this via preware. I can't find it on there anywhere nor can I find anything in the forums about it. Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOrion View Post
    ok the news article on the front page says you can now install this via preware. I can't find it on there anywhere nor can I find anything in the forums about it. Anyone?
    MyTether is a commercial application. The author has not submitted it to any homebrew feed that is published by Preware.

The news article says that it *could* be installed or removed using Preware (e.g. the installation scripts have now been updated to comply with homebrew installation best practices).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    in order for this to work do i still need the mobile hotspot app? i can't find a link for it anywhere...please help!!