Page 193 of 217 FirstFirst ... 93143183188189190191192193194195196197198203 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by mlevi98 View Post
    This has been fixed in the new beta. The app is worth every penny, even in the beta stage.
    So I just donated $15 and got what seems to be the old version, not the new beta version. When I tried it out, I got the message about having to install the webos patch that would make my camera stop working. Where does one find this mystical beta version, and will we have to donate again to get that?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Anyone who has used My Tether 2.0.4, you MUST do this BEFORE installing the new beta version.

2.0.4 is the version that requires the patch for Wifi tethering.

If you have removed 2.0.4 from your Pre, you will need to reinstall it before doing this.

1. With My Tether 2.0.4 installed, connect your Pre to your computer and put in USB drive mode.

2. Using My Computer, Go into your Pre and open up the folder called ".mytether".

3. Using Notepad, open up the file called "patched". Change the number to 1 and then save it.

4. Find the folder called "orig" and delete it.

5. Eject your Pre from your computer and disconnect the USB cable.

6. Open up My Tether and go into Wifi. Then go into options and turn the Wifi tethering patch to OFF. Your Pre will now download some files. This will take a few minutes. (make sure your Pre has a data connection) Reboot your Pre when prompted to do so.

7. Remove My Tether 2.0.4 from your Pre and install the new beta version.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/06/2010 at 04:10 PM.
    In my case, I haven't installed the patch yet. Do I still go through the same process? I guess I could download the patch just so I could make sure that I am doing the unistall correct.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tedgwathmey View Post
    So I just donated $15 and got what seems to be the old version, not the new beta version. When I tried it out, I got the message about having to install the webos patch that would make my camera stop working. Where does one find this mystical beta version, and will we have to donate again to get that?
    It is in this thread on the My Tether site. You must be a donor and logged into the site to see the thread.
    My Tether :: Donors Only
    ok so i am not quite understanding how i can get my tether to work again. It worked fine before the update of 1.3.5. but after it did it automatically and now i cant use it. I now have 1.3.5.1 where would i go from here? I did go to the donor forum and did the uninstall and install again and it still doesnt show up on my laptop. ive read the past ten pages of posts and still dont know what to do...Please help

thanks.

PS my tether shows it is running and says wifi is enabled but nothing shows up

dortega88
    im stuck...i unistalled mytether before those instructions came out. I just made sure the wifi patch was off then i orange button deleted the program. Now i can't reinstall the old program or the new program i have restarted and 1.3.5.1 doctored my pre... HELP!!
    Just wondering if anybody else had this problem and how they fixed it. I got the USBnet working great! But I'm not sure how to set it up as a wifi hotspot.
    Yeah man I got it working on my Computer with vista 64 bit. Only the USB mode tether though. I guess you can't do the WIFI hotspot with this version yet?
    First, thank you for providing these instructions, Im a donor and I havent seen these posted.

Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    6. Open up My Tether and go into Wifi. Then go into options and turn the Wifi tethering patch to OFF. Your Pre will now download some files. This will take a few minutes. (make sure your Pre has a data connection)
    Can you clarify what this means, it caused some confusion for me not knowing exactly what it means.

Anyhow, I uploaded the latest version then tested it and I must say it is the easiest version ever made to install and get right the first time!!! Bravo Aonic for getting this one down pat!

Hey and the cam works......will report issues if I find any.

TY!
    Last edited by xfbo; 02/06/2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I'm not sure how to clarify it any more...just go into the options and turn the wifi tethering patch off. I guess I did leave out the part about rebooting after removing the patch so I just added that. It has been posted several times in the My tether forum, but it keeps getting buried in all the other posts.

Aonic now has a new update for the beta, apparently he got it working on Verizon. Looks like a couple Verizon users have also confirmed it is working.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/06/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I guess I did leave out the part about rebooting after removing the patch so I just added that.
    Yes those steps had me wondering what to do.......but what also threw me off was:
    - "Pre will now download some files"........<wasn't sure what that means. and
    - "make sure your Pre has a data connection".......huh?

Im assuming all that happen cuz I did get mytether to work but since Ive been fussing with updating this program I'm now having other issues on the Pre regarding a few app updates.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xfbo View Post
    Yes those steps had me wondering what to do.......but what also threw me off was:
    - "Pre will now download some files"........<wasn't sure what that means. and
    - "make sure your Pre has a data connection".......huh?

Im assuming all that happen cuz I did get mytether to work but since Ive been fussing with updating this program I'm now having other issues on the Pre regarding a few app updates.
    I see...basically what Aonic said over on his site is that when you turn the patch off, your Pre is actually downloading some files that fix something. (I don't know exactly what) Changing that number in the "patched" file and deleting the "orig" folder is what tells it to do this. Your Pre needs to have a data connection (EVDO or Wifi) so it can download these files.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/06/2010 at 05:38 PM.
    Ahhh ok, thnx for being patient.

Any cons discovered with this latest build?

By chance have you tried dl'ing a free app out of the App Catalog since th the Beta install?

I'm having some install issues and Im beginning to wonder if it's linked to the MT upgrade.
    kd0axs and his step by step process helped me out bigtime... I finally have tethering capabilities... Thanx a bunch
    how i can get the 2.0.4 mytether. I dont remember if i installed it before. I check my Pre files and no file name mythether appear.
    How I can donate to get more benefits
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I follow these instructions to remove the patch but keep getting an error message
    Patching
    Downloads from vvz.aonic.net failed. Make sure the Pre has data service and try again.
    I do have data service ...
    I have no idea how to install usbnet drivers, the link within the page thats linked with usbnet drivers says

The Microsoft "Remote NDIS USB Driver Kit" is currently found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...ces/rndis.mspx

but when i go to the link it says page not found

hate for my first post to be a question, but im lost
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i donated and hope that i can get this thing fired up before a day or two. my time is too valuable to chase this stuff around for free, $14.95 is more than fair. hopefully it's all they say it is and the naysayers are wankers...

there's an email from raja now, I'll report my experience later on.

rich