Page 192 of 217 FirstFirst ... 92142182187188189190191192193194195196197202 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 4339
  1. #3821  
    ^^^ exactly what I was thinking. In theory I can't see why you wouldn't be able to but I would also like a confirmation on this as well.

    also, I just read an article on engadget about the myteher app and it's saying the price went up to 14.95. True or not?
  2. #3822  
    Quote Originally Posted by blkhwk4502 View Post
    ^^^ exactly what I was thinking. In theory I can't see why you wouldn't be able to but I would also like a confirmation on this as well.

    also, I just read an article on engadget about the myteher app and it's saying the price went up to 14.95. True or not?
    True.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #3823  
    Quote Originally Posted by deanwoof View Post
    ok before i fork over the $10.. let me get this straight on what MyTether is since most of you guys use a computer to tether.

    mytether basically emits a wifi signal from the pre so other devices can connect to it? i guess my question is this: will my itouch or psp be able to connect to my pre for a mobile hotspot?
    My Tether allows 3 ways to share your 3G connection: wifi hotspot-style, via Bluetooth, via usb cable.

    I've tried wifi & usb, but my current laptop lacks Bluetooth. I may whip out the old Bluetooth adapter.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  4. #3824  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    My Tether allows 3 ways to share your 3G connection: wifi hotspot-style, via Bluetooth, via usb cable.

    I've tried wifi & usb, but my current laptop lacks Bluetooth. I may whip out the old Bluetooth adapter.
    I just tried to do the Bluetooth thing and I can't find the option in My Tether. Maybe I'm overlooking something.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  5. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #3825  
    For anyone who doesn't know...there is a new version of My Tether in beta. It is in the "donors only" section of the forums on the My Tether site. This version does NOT require patching for Wifi tethering. I've been using it and it seems to work great.


    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    I just tried to do the Bluetooth thing and I can't find the option in My Tether. Maybe I'm overlooking something.
    You use the USB tethering option for Bluetooth. First, you have to set up the Bluetooth connection on your computer. Then when you turn on USB tethering you are connected over BT instead of a USB cable.
  6. #3826  
    When I tethered last night via BT or USB, it kept connecting by proxy to the Verizon site asking me to call to place an order for the $40 tethering fee. I never could get the WiFi version to show up on my computer. Any thoughts as to how to bypass VZW?
  7. #3827  
    MatterOfFactJack
  8. #3828  
    I have found a place where you could download my tether 2.0.4 for free with installer. It works perfect, check out youtube. Just search "free my tether 2.0.4" or google. you must have rooted your pre for this to work. It also has links on how to root the pre. good luck
  9. #3829  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmiasmic View Post
    I have found a place where you could download my tether 2.0.4 for free with installer. It works perfect, check out youtube. Just search "free my tether 2.0.4" or google. you must have rooted your pre for this to work. It also has links on how to root the pre. good luck
    You also loose your camera if you install it.

    Quote Originally Posted by from youtube link
    KillaEA (1 month ago) Any clue how to uninstall this and get the camera working again?

    PalmPreExpert (1 month ago)
    Yes, unfortunately. To use WiFi tethering, you temporarly loose use of your camera, including recording videos using Precorder.
  10. mlevi98's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #3830  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    You also loose your camera if you install it.
    This has been fixed in the new beta. The app is worth every penny, even in the beta stage.
  11. #3831  
    Does anyone have both MHS and the new beta version of MyTether installed? Does this cause any problems? I used to use MT but I hated having to patch everytime. Installed MHS but it seems to be a much slower connection than MT was. I want to switch back but I also want to leave MHS on my phone.

    Aonic,

    Do you see this as a conflict with anything in your installer or services they may share that would make them not play nicely with each other? Thanks in advance. Have been with you since I first rooted my phone to install the first MT and donated as soon as it was available.
  12. #3832  
    ok i deleted the old my tether to install the new one. the beta kept having an error that keeps it from installing. So i tried to reinstall the old mytether and now i can't. i unistalled deleted the folder and now i still can't install. When i install the old mytether i run the program and it goes through the process but its not putting the program on my phone. What gives? HELP
  13. ohioviper's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #3833  
    Restart it.
  14. #3834  
    I restarted multiple times
  15. #3835  
    For $15, will this be supported after each WebOS update? Can I expect if Palm or VZW breaks My Tether, there will be support to fix it by Aonic?

    Thanks. Looking at downloading this soon.
  16. #3836  
    Quote Originally Posted by OdzBodkinz View Post
    For $15, will this be supported after each WebOS update? Can I expect if Palm or VZW breaks My Tether, there will be support to fix it by Aonic?

    Thanks. Looking at downloading this soon.
    All I can tell you is that it was created multiple updates, ago, (Sprint-wise) but works for me on the most current, available, Pre-minus version of WebOS).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17. #3837  
    I installed with no problem. When I open MyTether it says to turn off wifi so that adhoc will run.. Ok again I do as it says. And then turn on MyTether.. and it seems to work on the pre. but when I try to find it in the network list on my laptop it does not find the PRE.. what am I doing wrong?
  18. #3838  
    installed with no issues works great on both me and my ex's phones.
    both get around 1mb down .5mb up not bad at all. my ex wants to give you a huge hug because you just saved her 70 bucks a month on internet at her new aprt hahahha.

    Thank man
  19. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #3839  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    Does anyone have both MHS and the new beta version of MyTether installed? Does this cause any problems? I used to use MT but I hated having to patch everytime. Installed MHS but it seems to be a much slower connection than MT was. I want to switch back but I also want to leave MHS on my phone.

    Aonic,

    Do you see this as a conflict with anything in your installer or services they may share that would make them not play nicely with each other? Thanks in advance. Have been with you since I first rooted my phone to install the first MT and donated as soon as it was available.
    I asked the same question over in the MHS thread and someone said they didn't think it would cause any problems. However, I did see in the My Tether forums that it may cause problmes to have both installed, so for now I am just sticking with this new beta version of My Tether since it is working great for me. I don't tether that much anyway.
  20. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #3840  
    Quote Originally Posted by lcompeau View Post
    I installed with no problem. When I open MyTether it says to turn off wifi so that adhoc will run.. Ok again I do as it says. And then turn on MyTether.. and it seems to work on the pre. but when I try to find it in the network list on my laptop it does not find the PRE.. what am I doing wrong?
    Did you previously have My Tether 2.0.4 (the one that needs pacthing for wifi) installed? If so, you will need to remove the beta version, reinstall 2.0.4, and read my next post. (scroll down, you can't miss it)
    Last edited by kd0axs; 02/05/2010 at 05:22 PM.

Posting Permissions