Page 191 of 217 FirstFirst ... 91141181186187188189190191192193194195196201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4339
  1. #3801  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshw9805 View Post
    Looking for some help on how to get USB working on a Mac, myTether was working fine via WiFi until the new WebOS, any Mac Pros out there with MyTether that can help?
    i would be interested in this too. also is there anyway i could use bluetooth? i tried using some instructions i found on the web but nothing worked. when i connected via bluetooth it said i had a self assinged ip address.
    i really dont care which way i connect as long as i dont have to break my cam or 3d apps.
    also what is the best way to install my tether? i did it by rooting my pre the first time and i heard that that way was not a good idea. currently my tether is uninstalled
  2. cjitty's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #3802  
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    i would be interested in this too. also is there anyway i could use bluetooth? i tried using some instructions i found on the web but nothing worked. when i connected via bluetooth it said i had a self assinged ip address.
    i really dont care which way i connect as long as i dont have to break my cam or 3d apps.
    also what is the best way to install my tether? i did it by rooting my pre the first time and i heard that that way was not a good idea. currently my tether is uninstalled
    I have been using bluetooth with my windows 7 netbook and my sprint pre all day..super easy..here is what i do (that consistently works):

    1. pair the phone and laptop
    2. attempt to connect without mytether open using the bluetooth personal area network option on my bluetooth icon on laptop
    3. i get the AUTH error.
    4. i then open up mytether on my phone and turn on usbtethering..DHCP and USBnet are on in the options
    5. My computer then gets an IP after 5 secs or so and i am off and running

    no usb cable anywhere in site..i love it..i keep my phone plugged in as much as possible because Bluetooth is a battery killer. My netbook has 8 hrs of batt life, but I am sure bluetooth takes its toll also on my laptop.

    I had to get a new phone today from Sprint...i had the famous touchsreen wont work after plugging in and you have to hit the back of the phone while plugged in to get it to work again syndrome..new phone and just installed free my tether and first try..working again!!

    update: sorry i missed the part you had a Mac..but perhaps it would work still or help others
  3. #3803  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    I have been using bluetooth with my windows 7 netbook and my sprint pre all day..super easy..here is what i do (that consistently works):

    1. pair the phone and laptop
    2. attempt to connect without mytether open using the bluetooth personal area network option on my bluetooth icon on laptop
    3. i get the AUTH error.
    4. i then open up mytether on my phone and turn on usbtethering..DHCP and USBnet are on in the options
    5. My computer then gets an IP after 5 secs or so and i am off and running

    no usb cable anywhere in site..i love it..i keep my phone plugged in as much as possible because Bluetooth is a battery killer. My netbook has 8 hrs of batt life, but I am sure bluetooth takes its toll also on my laptop.

    I had to get a new phone today from Sprint...i had the famous touchsreen wont work after plugging in and you have to hit the back of the phone while plugged in to get it to work again syndrome..new phone and just installed free my tether and first try..working again!!

    update: sorry i missed the part you had a Mac..but perhaps it would work still or help others
    I had my Macbook working doing close the same that you mentioned above, except we don't have a PAN connection on the Bluetooth options (at least I didn't). The one time I had it working, it speedtest.net'd about 1.08 down, and 0.6 up. I disconnected to make sure I could keep reconnecting with no problems, and then never could get it back up again. Also, when I did this, my EVDO always turned off on the phone, so I had to restart my Pre each time, and then it was back.....no USB cable or anything though like mentioned above. It was great for the 15 minutes it was working. I should also mentioned that I rooted my Pre and installed My Tether thru the Quick Install 2.96 via the command lines. It was also BEFORE i updated to 1.3.5.1. I was using 1.3.5 at that time. Haven't had time to try it again, but if I do get it up, I'll let you know. Try and follow CJitty's directions up above, because I followed something very similar that one time.
  4. #3804  
    fellow mac user here, usb tethering does not work for us with mytether. BT Pan did but since last update it won't work anymore. I have been trying to get it to work again to no success so far.
  5. #3805  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    fellow mac user here, usb tethering does not work for us with mytether. BT Pan did but since last update it won't work anymore. I have been trying to get it to work again to no success so far.
    try uninstalling mytether and reinstalling it
  6. #3806  
    Hi
    I am a novice on patches and aps downloads. I finally able to use and understand WebOS Quick Install and how to select and download a patch or ap...

    I am completely lost on how to ad My Tether to my Pre.

    Is it going to be easier soon, or are the instructions I reviewed going to be the same in the near future...I feel "lost" on those current instructions.

    Thanx in advance
  7. cjitty's Avatar
    Posts
    31 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #3807  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    try uninstalling mytether and reinstalling it
    agreed..after the last two updates, i had to remove my tether..orange button and tap mytether to delete, then reinstalled using WOSQI command line.

    when 1.4 comes out, i hope my lucky streak continues...
  8. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #3808  
    anyone getting this to work on 1.3.5.1? I just tried and it runs like normal, just can't find the wireless anywhere?
  9. #3809  
    Quote Originally Posted by VEGA1157 View Post
    Hi
    I am a novice on patches and aps downloads. I finally able to use and understand WebOS Quick Install and how to select and download a patch or ap...

    I am completely lost on how to ad My Tether to my Pre.

    Is it going to be easier soon, or are the instructions I reviewed going to be the same in the near future...I feel "lost" on those current instructions.

    Thanx in advance
    try going here http://www.wegeekedup.com/tags.php?t....0.4+installer and downloading the 2.0.4 ver. make sure to read the threads on tethering and understand what exactly it does.... there is a patch that has to be installed that turns the camera off and what not... but the patch can be removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    anyone getting this to work on 1.3.5.1? I just tried and it runs like normal, just can't find the wireless anywhere?
    i have web os 1.3.5.1 and the mytether i downloaded from the link above works fine i've been wifi tethering and usb tethering for the past 3 days with no problems
  10. #3810  
    upset that i paid for the 1st one and after the update i was not able to access it again unless i paid for it...fool me once shame on me, no thanks!
  11. #3811  
    Quote Originally Posted by quita86 View Post
    upset that i paid for the 1st one and after the update i was not able to access it again unless i paid for it...fool me once shame on me, no thanks!
    I've had a very different experience. I wonder what made yours differ. Are you using the donor version or the free version?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  12. #3812  
    I am thinking about going to pick up the pre plus and I was wondering would I be able to get this working on that too or would the developer need to update the program for it to work?
  13. joshw9805's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #3813  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    fellow mac user here, usb tethering does not work for us with mytether. BT Pan did but since last update it won't work anymore. I have been trying to get it to work again to no success so far.
    Mac user here, I am actually Tethering right now via USB on my Macbook Pro, just make sure that you have the Tethering app turned on via USB and your Bluetooth connected to your palm & Mac "BEFORE" you connect the USB cord to your mac and pre..as long as that is done right, shouldn't have any issues, just charge as usual. I am currently running the following versions on my pre:



    WebOS 1.3.5.1
    My Tether 2.0.4

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by joshw9805; 01/26/2010 at 09:54 PM.
  14. #3814  
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifkeiff View Post
    I am thinking about going to pick up the pre plus and I was wondering would I be able to get this working on that too or would the developer need to update the program for it to work?
    I purhcased a Pre Plus on the Verizon network yesterday. I would like to purchase mytether but want to know first if it will work on my Pre Plus?
  15. clabbin#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #3815  
    I would think it would but be cautious. I got the Pixi Plus and got a bit to curious and tried the to use the wifi patch on it.... haha bad idea. Had to put the phone in recovery cause it wouldn't boot and doctor it. I about **** myself.
  16. phildeez's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #3816  
    I went to download My Tether from homebrew apps but the link just redirects to Precentral's main page. Where do I find the download?
  17. #3817  
    Quote Originally Posted by boblarimer View Post
    I purhcased a Pre Plus on the Verizon network yesterday. I would like to purchase mytether but want to know first if it will work on my Pre Plus?
    Yes, will someone please confirm if MyTether works or not using the Palm Pre Plus from Verizon.
  18. #3818  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i can vouch for the My Tether 2.0.4 free installer mentioned in this post i used it and i have 0 problems.
    Problem is that they now appear to make you have to pay for a membership to download the installer. Any ideas on where else you can go to get My Tether? Thanks.
  19. #3819  
    Back then, you would get mytether by rooting your phone. However, the guy figured out a way without rooting your phone to enabling tethering services. To do so, he wanted you to go to his website and donate $10 to have access to the tether services. I paid the $10 and it worked wonders.
  20. deanwoof's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #3820  
    ok before i fork over the $10.. let me get this straight on what MyTether is since most of you guys use a computer to tether.

    mytether basically emits a wifi signal from the pre so other devices can connect to it? i guess my question is this: will my itouch or psp be able to connect to my pre for a mobile hotspot?

Posting Permissions