Page 188 of 217 FirstFirst ... 88138178183184185186187188189190191192193198 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4339
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Tell me about it...I can't even load the APP onto my PRE.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dashsolo03 View Post
    Anyone getting this error on their after upgrading to 1.3.5.1 when trying to use USB Tethering?

"Auth Error
    Your service accound does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help."

If I don't get that error, I get

"Bluetooth PAN has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet."

I tried manually setting everything to
    IP: 192.168.0.203
    SubNet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202

DNS1: 192.168.0.202
    DNS2: Blank

but still get nothing. Anyone have any ideas on how to resurrect this awesome app for me? I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.2 and uninstalled and reinstalled MyTether a few times to no avail. BIG thanks in advance!
    working fine for me on 1.3.5.1 using BT PAN...my USB Tethering, USBnet and DHCP are on when my BT PAN is going..i have the free version
    how can I use again my free tether over wifi in the webOs 1.3.5.1 please I need dad help.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I can confirm mytether is not working for 1.3.5.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app using WebOS quickinstall (linux command). I get the warning from sprint saying it's now allowed. This is for the free version.
    Last edited by nicekyo; 01/08/2010 at 01:09 AM. Reason: spelling correction
    ver 2.0.4 works fine...did have to reinstall it after update but have no issues with it
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    working fine for me on 1.3.5.1 using BT PAN...my USB Tethering, USBnet and DHCP are on when my BT PAN is going..i have the free version
    Yeah, that sounds right and that's the way I've been able to use this program for awhile, but after the upgrade, no dice. I'm in the same boat as nicekyo. After reinstalling the program, when I try to connect, I get the message
    Bluetooth PAN has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet. Automatically, it gives the ip address 169.254.60.223 and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0 and no/blank gateway

If I try to set them manually (thanks, jack87!) to
    IP: 192.168.0.203
    SubNet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202
    DNS1: 192.168.0.202

Network utility says Bluetooth PAN is currently active and has the IP address 192.168.0.203 and I have a green light, but no data stream. Eventually my browser times out and says you are not connected to the internet. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I was trying to read through all 102 pages and I know that there is a pay and free version. Is the pay version stilling working and is the person now responding from My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! when you donate money. I would like a working version and do not mind paying money for it.
    Today my pre updated to 1.3.5.1 and mytether broke. The USBnet wouldn't turn on and so USB tethering also wouldn't turn on.

I uninstalled mytether by doing a partial erase from device info to remove all apps. Then I used WebOSQuick Install 2.96 and the latest 1.3.5 WebOSDoctor.jar for Sprint to root in and run the install command again. Worked just fine after that (altough the device wanted to restart when I first tried to turn on USBnet and USB tethering, when it came back around all was well).

Currently tethered now to write this post. My question is, has anyone looked into a way to disable the pre from taking further updates? Maybe a permanent packet block to palm's servers? Some other service we could run that would detect the pre's attempts to check for updates and block that?

If I could freeze my phone in this state right now, I wouldn't really miss new updates from palm. All I really use it for is about 100 minutes of talk time a month and occasional USB tethering for checking work email on the road.

Thoughts on this??
    great idea, stop the update until tethering will work with that new update. I also wouldn't really miss any new updates for palm. this is to much work to get my tether to work everytime my palm updates. i'll only update when the bugs are fixed with the new version.
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to confirm that MyTether works with v 1.3.5.1 update. I am using the wireless connection from my phone at this very moment. I understand my method might not be the best but here is what I did.

1. I did a reset on my device (of course backing up all my personal files first)
    2. I enabled developer mode
    3. I used WebOSQuickInstall to make sure my computer could still detect my phone.
    4. I ran the installer that is included when you donate (My Tether 2.0.4)

Wireless and USB confirmed. Good luck guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    I can confirm mytether is not working for 1.3.5.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app using WebOS quickinstall (linux command). I get the warning from sprint saying it's now allowed. This is for the free version.
    What plan are you on? I don't get this message, but I have the simply everything plan with unlimited data and voice. If you have a cheaper plan, maybe sprint is blocking my tether from running on your pre? I was considering reducing my plan, but maybe I wont now based on your problems with running my tether.
    I have the free version of my tether and I'm running 1.3.5.1 and well I haven't tried it yet but it's load and everything no errors here.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by batook View Post
    What plan are you on? I don't get this message, but I have the simply everything plan with unlimited data and voice. If you have a cheaper plan, maybe sprint is blocking my tether from running on your pre? I was considering reducing my plan, but maybe I wont now based on your problems with running my tether.
    I have the simply everything plan. I don't believe sprint will offer the pre without it, maybe with few exception on sero grandfather plans. The message was clear, it forbids the use of tethering. I actually loose internet until I do soft reset on my phone.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I have the free version of my tether and I'm running 1.3.5.1 and well I haven't tried it yet but it's load and everything no errors here.
    The software will load, and everything will run, it will only work/not work once you attempt to acquire the IP from blutooth or usbnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicekyo View Post
    The software will load, and everything will run, it will only work/not work once you attempt to acquire the IP from blutooth or usbnet.
    so it won't work? If I use it as wifi the computer won't find it? How do I Acquire the IP from usbnet.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    For me, 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1 work with Mytether in USB mode. Can't verify BT b/c I can't get my laptop to pair with Pre. WiFi is out -- at least for me -- b/c the WiFi patch kills the new games (Doom, Quake, NFS, etc.). If you can't run these games, go here for the solution: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2137251
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Honestly, if that is the case, you might as well get a Sprint MiFi device and a cheap prepaid phone. It isn't made for that, honestly Might as well do it the easy, legal way (might be cheaper too).
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Victorskunk View Post
    great idea, stop the update until tethering will work with that new update. I also wouldn't really miss any new updates for palm. this is to much work to get my tether to work everytime my palm updates. i'll only update when the bugs are fixed with the new version.
    You could wait until Palm's actual app comes out....updates give major functionality to the phone.
    Palm m100>Palm m130>Sony Clie>HP Jornada 525>Dell Axim X3i>Nokia 3395>Nokia 6630>Motorola i530>PPC 6700>Mogul (PPC-6800)

Palm Pre!
    I have 1.3.1 installer, but i get errors when i try to install on win7. So i just bought the new installer and got the email, but the link does nothing. Also, there are drive instructions for win 7 that i used before i had to "recover" my brand new pc, but they arent shown on the first post and i cant find them anywhere. You dont have to have the app installed on your pre before you can install the driver. Anyone know where those directions are and why cant i get the newest installer off my donor link?
    I have to fix this in an hour so any immediate help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nismode View Post
    Honestly, if that is the case, you might as well get a Sprint MiFi device and a cheap prepaid phone. It isn't made for that, honestly Might as well do it the easy, legal way (might be cheaper too).
    I assume you're referring to me and my limited use of the pre. Used to have a prepaid tmobile nokia 6100 (still do actually) but my company offered to pay for a smart phone, so I got the pre. Pretty disappointed with it actually, and I certainly don't think it's worth paying for it myself, but free is free. They'll actually pay up to 150 a month, so I might reduce my plan to 450 minutes and add and aircard to just be done with it. I don't even really get service from sprint at home though, and no airrave service here either, so I have to use my old tmobile all the time anyway. It gets full bars here and everywhere I go, but of course that's just 2G, so that probably has more to do with it than the network...