Page 187 of 217 FirstFirst ... 87137177182183184185186187188189190191192197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4339
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breakinghbts View Post
    This may be a stupid question. But trying to install mytether, via terminal app. How do i type that flat line that is in the command line to install? I can't access the symbols menu while in the terminal app...and the copy/paste doesn't work with it either. Any help, is greatly appreciated....thx in advance!
    Just copy with CTRL+C and paste it with CTRL+V
    If you're using the Terminal App, I believe you can use "Orange" + "." to get the "|" symbol you need.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Does anybody know the commands to uninstall My Tether via the terminal?

I typed "wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh" to install.

I can't get it to work and now my phone won't connect to the Sprint network at all. It just says phone offline.

-Read

**Update**

I deleted the app by holding the orange key and tapping the icon. Then I did a partial erase through the device info and everything is good now.
    Last edited by Readonly; 01/04/2010 at 07:49 PM.
    Ahem so I know this may have already been answered but i don't feel like skimming through that many pages... so i have not updated to 1.3.5
    1: does the wifi tethering still work?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    Ahem so I know this may have already been answered but i don't feel like skimming through that many pages... so i have not updated to 1.3.5
    1: does the wifi tethering still work?
    Nope never really did from what I been reading
    Any update on the compatibility issue with 1.3.5?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    Frustrated..been using the free version for a while..everything worked great, until I did the 1.3.5 update tonight.

Now, when I try to run mytether, for some reason it is not working at all. I was using the Bluetooth PAN to connect previously and never had an issue on my Windows 7 Starter netbook.

Another new issue since 1.3.5..when I try to use mytether, I completely lose Sprint Data connections and cannot connect back to my wifi or Sprint data network without taking out the battery of my pre and putting it back in...LUNA restarts do not work, i have to remove battery to get my data services back..any ideas at all?
    Quick update: went back into my computer and removed the driver and removed myTether from my phone. Re-installed myTether via command line in WOSQI, initiated USBnet, then plugged in the usb cable to my computer..went and used the Internet Sharing driver as instructed and it finally started working again in 1.3.5. haven't tried BT PAN yet, hopefully that works now. I also just installed 1.3.5.1 update, so we'll see.

Update @ 9:45pm ET: Ok for many of us using the free version and having issues after 1.3.5 update, I basically removed the drivers from my netbook, re-installed my tether with WOSQI command line, restarted pre, then opened my tether and enabled USBnet, reset again, then paired my bluetooth to my netbook Kensington bluetooth microusb, and it found the EVDO network with no problem. No extra configuratinon or turning on DHCP needed since i was using BT PAN. I'm back up and running by good ol fashioned uninstall/reinstall. I'll worry about this again when another webos update comes around. Just adding the update to encourage others that the free version works fine in 1.3.5
    Last edited by cjitty; 01/05/2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: update
    pay the 15 bucks, it works fine
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    the latest version of my tether works with 1.3.5
    But there is a patch that must be enabled in order for wifi tethering, when the patch is enabled it renders the camera unuseable. And requires a restart of the phone each time it is enabled and disabled. Kind of a drag.
    But wifi tethering does work.
    YES! It has been 3 months of me fighting with my Pre and I finally got My Tether to tether! I erased entire phone, installed 1.3.5, installed mytether first, installed patch, and success. I know this may simple to everyone who has been using this for a while now. But i'm stoked. Thanks to everyone on this forum.
    i need dun bluetooth tethering to work. can anyone tell me if hes working on that. i got a psp go that i really wanna show off to my apple loving friends at work. it would be nice to show off the pre serving internet to it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    does anyone know if my tether is working on the pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cjitty View Post
    Quick update: went back into my computer and removed the driver and removed myTether from my phone. Re-installed myTether via command line in WOSQI, initiated USBnet, then plugged in the usb cable to my computer..went and used the Internet Sharing driver as instructed and it finally started working again in 1.3.5. haven't tried BT PAN yet, hopefully that works now. I also just installed 1.3.5.1 update, so we'll see.

Update @ 9:45pm ET: Ok for many of us using the free version and having issues after 1.3.5 update, I basically removed the drivers from my netbook, re-installed my tether with WOSQI command line, restarted pre, then opened my tether and enabled USBnet, reset again, then paired my bluetooth to my netbook Kensington bluetooth microusb, and it found the EVDO network with no problem. No extra configuratinon or turning on DHCP needed since i was using BT PAN. I'm back up and running by good ol fashioned uninstall/reinstall. I'll worry about this again when another webos update comes around. Just adding the update to encourage others that the free version works fine in 1.3.5
    yes seems like dhcp doesnt seem to work right on 1.3.5... configuring ip manually in tcp/ip settings of the network adapter should resolve this and able to use usb for those without bluetooth... i will post settings. but i am sick of posting step by step instructions maybe someone else can do that.

IP: 192.168.0.203
    SubNet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202

DNS1: 192.168.0.202
    DNS2: Blank

Advanced menu to the right of dns.... in that screen last thing towards bottom set threshold to manual... 100

good luck.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Works fine with 1.3.5.1
    I had to uninstall, and reinstall it; but it works fine with dhcp too.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay i have got my tether to work on my computer at work very easily. the problem is i really need it at home for my school work online. no matter what i try it wont work right. i dont know if because my wife has her wondows mobile device tethered on that computer at home sometimes might have something to do with it. also novacom never runs on my computer at work but does run on my computer at home. i stop the process before i hook the pre up though so i dont know why that would be problematic. can anyone please try and help me. bnoth systems are 32bit xp systems so there is no difference in that manner. thanks to anyone that can help me out.
    Hello, I've done a lot of searches on this issue, but I just haven't found anybody who is experiencing my issue:

When I tether using USB, I am able to use internet for a while, but then my PC freezes up and I have to do a hard reboot.

I am using windows XP with service patch 3. I have performed multiple installs of tether and usbnet-pre.inf (through device manager) file. Maybe timing out, maybe wrong driver, maybe gremlins?

Happy to provide more details, but just wanted to try and keep this short and sweet.

So, any ideas of how to make to fix this so that I can have stable / reliable internet?

Thanks,
    Bret
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    okay now heres the new deal with my tether and me. I get everyyhing installed and even see the linux adapter in my connections but when I try to turn my tether on it just stays disabled. When I try to manually enable it my computer slows way down and just says couldn't connect. Then when I try to go into it's properties it takes like 5 minutes just to open up. At my work everything works fine so I know how to get it running. Can someone please help me out. It is the free version. Thanks
    I have vista. When I plug my cord in nothing pops up to install any drivers. I'm trying to do this through usb or bluetooth. When I try to install the usbnet driver fron the internet, opens up the notepad instead of installing anything. Am I doing something wrong?
    Anyone getting this error on their after upgrading to 1.3.5.1 when trying to use USB Tethering?

"Auth Error
    Your service accound does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help."

If I don't get that error, I get

"Bluetooth PAN has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the internet."

I tried manually setting everything to
    IP: 192.168.0.203
    SubNet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202

DNS1: 192.168.0.202
    DNS2: Blank

but still get nothing. Anyone have any ideas on how to resurrect this awesome app for me? I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.2 and uninstalled and reinstalled MyTether a few times to no avail. BIG thanks in advance!
    Last edited by dashsolo03; 01/07/2010 at 03:33 PM.
    sprint is wearing us down