Page 185 of 217 FirstFirst ... 85135175180181182183184185186187188189190195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4339
    grrr I lost my app
    Last edited by jordan23945bulls; 01/01/2010 at 03:51 PM.
    I still cannot get BT tethering to work with my macbook. It connects but ip address doesn't look right. Anyome have the IP,subnet,router & dns server for BT? I should have wrote it all down.
    I can not seem to get MyTether to work....I get a good bluetooth connection to the computer and get local connection for networking, but then the DataConnection on my Pre craps out and I have to turn it back on after I disconnect the bluetooth from the computer..Also the same thing happens when I use the USB cable to connect...no data from phone but the connection between phone and computer is good...what am I missing?
    okay i ve just downloaded the new update 1.35 i lost my preware and every patch. how do i get tethering back
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have the donors version and Installer. I've removed Mytether app but unfortunately I can't install it again. I thought all I had to do was use the installer and have Dev Mode on.
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

go on webos and put that in linux command line its under tools there u go
    Where do I start? I'm at the same place I was before. Anybody? I paid for the app. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out. I've posted on the donor forum. I've PM'd the app developer no input. Reply I got is about another experiencing loss of sound with using my tether. I am just trying to use the USB. I am not usign WiFi or BT. I did not use the WiFi patch. Aside from the sound issue, the app is unpredictable as far as if I disconnect my phone/USB, the next time I come to use it (reconnect USB), will it work. My phone is in dev mode. I have to disable/ re-enable the driver or even uninstall and reinstall (using the micro soft corp... Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing device because that is the only driver I can get to work or anyone has helped me with fro my Windows 7 32 bit computer.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks!

UPDATE*************************

USB mode too darn difficult and unpredictable (2 least on my Windows 7 32 bit computer). I am now using WiFi which is ten times easier and seems to be working well.... at least at this time. I'm happy Thanks to all those that attempted to help me out
    Last edited by sonso; 01/01/2010 at 07:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    i am not sure what you mean or what you are trying. if you are using novaterm for your linux command line then you should know it does not support paste so just type the line as is into it...

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    otherwise read the article found here
    I get an error "BAD ADDRESS".... 'vz.aonic.net'
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    I get an error "BAD ADDRESS".... 'vz.aonic.net'
    does your phone have an active data connection when doing that? meaning is your phone online via either wifi or EV? also looks like the server might be down as well i hope its up by tomorrow

If you get something like wget: bad address 'vz.aonic.net' in the output of the command then re-run the command. Don't let your Pre go to sleep during this command, and if your Pre is plugged into USB make sure its in "Charge Only" mode.
    looks like Server is down try later
    Last edited by jack87; 01/02/2010 at 07:03 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    help I deleted my tether and I can't get it back root@... Says http 1.1 502 bad gateway is that my pre or cause the server is down?
    Quote Originally Posted by palm pre1 View Post
    help I deleted my tether and I can't get it back root@... Says http 1.1 502 bad gateway is that my pre or cause the server is down?
    Server is down try later
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Server is down try later
    any word on the server????

still down on my end
    Quote Originally Posted by sonso View Post
    Where do I start? I'm at the same place I was before. Anybody? I paid for the app. I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out. I've posted on the donor forum. I've PM'd the app developer no input. Reply I got is about another experiencing loss of sound with using my tether. I am just trying to use the USB. I am not usign WiFi or BT. I did not use the WiFi patch. Aside from the sound issue, the app is unpredictable as far as if I disconnect my phone/USB, the next time I come to use it (reconnect USB), will it work. My phone is in dev mode. I have to disable/ re-enable the driver or even uninstall and reinstall (using the micro soft corp... Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing device because that is the only driver I can get to work or anyone has helped me with fro my Windows 7 32 bit computer.

Can anyone please help me?
    Im in the same boat as you. My bluetooth tethering was working PERFECTLY until I updated my phone to 1.3.5!

Now I get an Auth Error.....spent a rediculas amount of time trying to get it to work and on the donor forum....and the only answer I get is to turn on the USB and reset the bluetooth.

First off....i NEVER had to do that when it WAS working!
    Second.....that makes no difference! But I keep being told that it will work that way!

very fustrating!

BTW....I have a Mac and a Pixi so im forced to BT tether
    Last edited by pdechent; 01/02/2010 at 09:27 AM.
    Jack, just woke up this morning and Tether isn't working. Looked at the posts and it says that downloads from vz.aonic.net failed. In your posts you say that the server is down, is that correct? Just wanted to make sure I am not overreacting to the upgrade of 1.3.5.
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    Also, what server are we connecting to? didn't realize that we were connecting to a server to make this work. Just accepted it as "it is what it is..."
    Everbody fights, Nobody quits!!!

Bnite6 ---
    It should be working now bnite6 the server you are connecting to has the information for the patch to be downloaded to your phone. it only connects to it on first use of the patch after that the data should be stored on the phone.
    MatterOfFactJack
    How do you download this driver? When I go to http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...usbnet-pre.inf It is just a text document. What am I doing wrong?

Please help a newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by abacotc View Post
    How do you download this driver? When I go to http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...usbnet-pre.inf It is just a text document. What am I doing wrong?

Please help a newbie
    try a different browser
    MatterOfFactJack
    I have doctored my phone as a result of other challenges. (DOOM)... I reinstalling the My Tether and updating with the new "Tether Installer2". This might be good news... There is no longer a "patch toggle" in the options. And it still works. Should I be concerned?

Ben
    I am using paid version and it is working great. I deleted MyTether prior to updating to 1.35, then just turned on Dev Mode and re-installed. It initialized much faster than the several minutes it took when initially doing latest under 1.31.

Yesterday I was at a club meet where there was no internet. Two guys had AT&T phones tethered, but they were SLOW. I fired up MyTether and put out a good WiFi signal that permitted streaming TV show from Fancast.com. AT&T guys couldn't even open the app!
    Mytether: [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]