Page 184 of 217 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185186187188189194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4339
    BT on my macbook connects but won't go online. Do I need to manually set IP, DNS, etc? Didn't have to before
    I just updated my phone to 1.3.5 and now my tehter isn't working at all, usb net doesn't turn on when I click the switch, so I cant tether anymore. Is there a fix for this?

quick update, I've tried rebooting my pre, no luck, and I can't reinstall at the command line, I'm just constantly getting unable to find device errors, and yes the phone is in just charge.
    Last edited by skymanj; 12/30/2009 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    BT on my macbook connects but won't go online. Do I need to manually set IP, DNS, etc? Didn't have to before
    There were reports of this so i updated to 1.3.5 and tried it.. works for me.. first time around no luck got the same thing as you then i did it again and it worked like a charm. bluetooth PAN has its own dhcp and should assign an ip no problem
    Quote Originally Posted by skymanj View Post
    I just updated my phone to 1.3.5 and now my tehter isn't working at all, usb net doesn't turn on when I click the switch, so I cant tether anymore. Is there a fix for this?

quick update, I've tried rebooting my pre, no luck, and I can't reinstall at the command line, I'm just constantly getting unable to find device errors, and yes the phone is in just charge.
    I do not understand why you are unable to reinstall
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    There were reports of this so i updated to 1.3.5 and tried it.. works for me.. first time around no luck got the same thing as you then i did it again and it worked like a charm. bluetooth PAN has its own dhcp and should assign an ip no problem

I do not understand why you are unable to reinstall
    I am still getting the same error message about not being authorized to tether. I have completly wiped the phone and re installed the software. I currently have 1.3.5 installed on the phone. I did test the mytether with a pre and it works fine with a pre over WiFi....but it is the bluetooth that I have to have because I have a Pixi and a Mac. This is an issue.....i dont know how some people are able to get around it.
    mytether.net seems to be down
    the wifi patch is a slider on the 'options' page of wifi for mytether, it's not hidden at all but it is NOT in preware, it's a patch which does not show up in preware at all, only in mytether
    I'm new to this but am wondering where exactly do you paste the wget -qO http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.instal (some straight line I can't figure out how to do) /bin/sh? I have the new connetion via usbnet-pre.inf I've spent hours reading but I can't figure it out it won't let me paste in linux commandline either
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Patch ......

For windows 7 the driver is preinstalled follow these steps

Instructions for USBNet driver instalation on Vista/7
    1. Be sure to turn on USBNet (requires reboot) in My Tether under USB options menu.
    2. Plug the phone into your computer
    3. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    6. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    8. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    10. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then click Next and complete the wizard.

You may keep USBNet enabled from here on out. Also a good idea to try to use the same USB port on your computer to avoid reinstalling the driver

When driver is installed and USBnet is enabled you may go into MyTether and enable USB tethering and DHCP. Give it a minute for the computer to retrive an IP Address and browse away.

Thank you so very much! This whole tethering is not very straightforward likely for most. This helped me get 'er done!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by palm pre1 View Post
    I'm new to this but am wondering where exactly do you paste the wget -qO http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.instal (some straight line I can't figure out how to do) /bin/sh? I have the new connetion via usbnet-pre.inf I've spent hours reading but I can't figure it out it won't let me paste in linux commandline either
    i am not sure what you mean or what you are trying. if you are using novaterm for your linux command line then you should know it does not support paste so just type the line as is into it...

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    otherwise read the article found here
    MatterOfFactJack
    how do you make that line between instal and /bin when typing on puter in linux command screen
    orange key + .(period)
    I don't have an orange key on my puter. Where would I type the code in on my pre I've tried just sliding the pre key board and typing code but it goes to google
    shift+\ its above and around the enter key and back space on most keyboards (some laptops put things in funky places)
    MatterOfFactJack
    on a reg. Pc is it the same shift + / backspace and do I push keys at same time
    Quote Originally Posted by palm pre1 View Post
    on a reg. Pc is it the same shift + / backspace and do I push keys at same time
    hold shift and press \
    MatterOfFactJack
    I got the tether app now(thanks for your help. But now I see I'm only getting 9.7Mbps
    HELP! Please

I got the paid version yesterday and after a couple of hours thought I had things a go.

Today, whenever I hooked up my phone to my computer via USB, my phone lost ALL sound including system sounds, music player, youtube, video player, etc.

If I restarted the phone sound returned and would disappear again when I hooked up to computer.

Also, my tether no longer works and I had not changed a thing!

Also, my WedOS QuickInstall stopped working (phone is in dev mode) and I could not get it to start working again until I uninstalled novacom and reinstalled it via the quickinstall... still didn't work... UNTIL I erased My Tether from my phone... now QuickInstall works again.

This is all quite a bit frustrating.

I have Windows 7, 32 bit computer. What approach do I take where everything will work including QuickInstall, My Tether via USB, and audio on my phone.

Thank you so very much in advance to anyone that can offer help!
    copy
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    linux comand line hold ctrl and press v
    will paste then hit return
    I must have a setting wrong I have the app installed and the usbnet in my computer. I get 9.7mb but computer says limited or no conectability what am I missing I remember reading about a shell app also I don't have a high speed USB 2.0 port

hope some one can help me on this
    Wifi tethering does work on the paid 2.0.4 version of mytether. My pre is updated 1.3.5 and I am currently using windows vista 32 bit. I have been streaming music for the last hour over wifi.