Page 183 of 217 FirstFirst ... 83133173178179180181182183184185186187188193 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,660 of 4339
    I also had issues with mytether with the whole firmware update and the new method of where applications are stored.

I initially updated to 1.3.5 and mytether worked fine, UNTIL i ran the emergency application migration tool in preware. that's is when things went downhill.

I managed to manually uninstall the mytether program and service by running
    Code:
    ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether
    ipkg -o /var/ remove net.aonic.my-tether 
    ipkg remove net.aonic.tether
    ipkg -o /var/ remove net.aonic.tether
    i rebooted the phone and then ran
    Code:
    wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh
    i attempted to start mytether and noticed that the usbnet was already turned on so i turned it off, rebooted, turned it on, rebooted to ensure that it would work properly.

I am still having issues with the dhcp server not assigning an ip address but if i do a static connection i can tether just fine.

any ideas on how i can get the dhcp server to work properly again?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I forgot and left MT running for about 24 hours but only actually "did anything to use it"
    for about 10-15 minutes.

What does Sprint see this as?

Is it showing to Sprint that I am tethering 24 hours or only 15 minutes??

Thanks,

Rich
    Well you should be ok i used 23.2 gigs last month traveled a lot and all the places i stayed at had really crappie wifi service i downloaded 3 movies sprint never called me about anything i have used more then 5gb every month... One time long ago they called and asked me about my data i said i just use it to stream music and news all day while at work they believed me and never said anything else... so you should be ok bud...
    Okay so I thought EPR would undo the Wifi patch, it did not, and now My Tether and My Camera don't work. Is there any other way of fixing this without going to the doctor?
    I have installed my tether, and enabled usbnet on my pre, but cannot find the usbnet-pre windows driver(64 bit). The address http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...ces/rndis.mspx no longer exist. Can anyone help me find the usbnet-pre windows driver(64 bit). I have window 7 (64 bit). I would really like to get this app working.

Thank you
    Anyone else having trouble with the mytether.net website not loading?
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWmusic1 View Post
    not if you put www in front of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    not if you put www in front of it
    thanks for the sarcastic reply, but yes it will not load with www. or http://www. in front of it.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    I can't get www.mytether.net to work either. I am trying to get the program working again after the 1.3.5 update.
    thanks for the sarcastic reply, but yes it will not load with www. or http://www. in front of it.
    What was sarcastic about that? mytether.net did not work for me, but www.mytether.net did. If you don't want answers don't ask questions...

Edit: It appears both are now down.
    looking forward to app being available via preware again soon
    page is up again, just re installed
    weird thing, it said it installed tethered services 1.08, is this new? I thought the latest version was 1.07
    Hmm... seems like it's a fluke to get it connected via USB... I think I can only successfully connect via MyTether maybe 20% of the tmie.

I start MyTether from the Pre
    Activate USB connection, enable DCHP
    Plug USB cable to laptop

Then under device manager, the USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget says it doesn't work. I then disable and re-enable the adapter. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't. If I stop MyTether and try to browse the web on Pre's browser, it would say "unable to resolve host 2006".

Looks to me something got screwed, but not at the point that it has totally screwed up MyTether.
    Quote Originally Posted by troy r williams View Post
    Okay so I thought EPR would undo the Wifi patch, it did not, and now My Tether and My Camera don't work. Is there any other way of fixing this without going to the doctor?
    Patch for mytether has nothing to do with any of the other patches and is installed very differently epr will not function on it. next time you need to remove the patch before updating using the options menu under the wifi section of mytether. right now just reinstall it running the installer file you should be able to unapply the patch in the options menu of mytether under wifi section here is a little blurp i keep telling people

To remove the WiFi patch. Refer to the options menu found in the WiFi section of MyTether

To remove patch and enable the camera/media apps: (steps another user posted thanks!)

1.) Go into the 'launcher' (by pressing the up arrow icon on the bottom right of your home screen)
    2.) Click on "My Tether" (Find it in your launcher)
    3a.) If at the top of your screen you see the title "USB Tethering" (with an on/off switch next to it) then go to the bottom and click on "WiFi" then proceed to step four.
    3b.) If at the top of your screen you see the title "Wifi Tethering" (with an on/off switch next to it) then proceed to step four.
    4.) At the bottom of your screen click on "Options"
    5.) On the next screen you will see an option called "WiFi Tethering Patch" (with an on/off switch next to it). Slide the switch to the "OFF" position.
    6.) Click on the option that says "I Understand. Patch It!"
    7.) Wait about 30sec-2min while the patch runs.
    8.) Click on the option that says "Reset the Device"
    9.) Allow the phone to reset and enjoy your camera again.

Quote Originally Posted by luvpurity69 View Post
    I have installed my tether, and enabled usbnet on my pre, but cannot find the usbnet-pre windows driver(64 bit). The address http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/...ces/rndis.mspx no longer exist. Can anyone help me find the usbnet-pre windows driver(64 bit). I have window 7 (64 bit). I would really like to get this app working.

Thank you
    For windows 7 the driver is preinstalled follow these steps

Instructions for USBNet driver instalation on Vista/7
    1. Be sure to turn on USBNet (requires reboot) in My Tether under USB options menu.
    2. Plug the phone into your computer
    3. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    6. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    8. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    10. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then click Next and complete the wizard.

You may keep USBNet enabled from here on out. Also a good idea to try to use the same USB port on your computer to avoid reinstalling the driver

When driver is installed and USBnet is enabled you may go into MyTether and enable USB tethering and DHCP. Give it a minute for the computer to retrive an IP Address and browse away.

Times like this where new update to webos the servers get hit hard with everyone trying to reinstall so just keep trying

Quote Originally Posted by raziman View Post
    looking forward to app being available via preware again soon
    it will never be available on preware atleast not officially the one that was on preware was a hacked installer and resulted in a lot of issues for people. if you want the free installer the steps listed in this article still apply Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1 | The Mx Web
    MatterOfFactJack
    I'm in this lovely situation where the WiFi patch will refuse to uninstall, which now means I have no WiFi at all, which is a lovely change. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall the mytether app and nothing seems to help the fact that the uninstall for the wifi tethering patch just seems to run into infinity. I fear I'll just have to wait for Webos Repair 1.3.5 to try and fix this little guy --snowy
    I take that back, after doing a delete by way of 'orange key' and clicking mytether, rebooting, reinstalling mytether, i was given the option of 'installing the wifi patch', at this point, i was allowed to reset the device and it appears that wifi tethering does in fact work now, SO... if you forgot to uninstall the wifi tethering patch, I have proven it is possible to get it working after you made it to 1.3.5 without manually uninstalling that wifi patch. Success!!!! hahahahahaha Cheers! --snowy
    Could somone point me to the the page where I can get the wifi patch? i really odnt want to look through 180 pages jsut to find it. And is the wifi patch still working in 1.3.5?
    Bluetooth does not work with 1.3.5 you get this error message:

"Auth Error - your service account does not allow internet connection sharing. Contact Sprint for help."

very disappointing for the Pixi users with a Mac....

I even ran WebOS Doctor and re installed 1.3.2 but I still get the same error message....any idea how to get around it? everything was working perfectly until i updated
    Quote Originally Posted by skymanj View Post
    Could somone point me to the the page where I can get the wifi patch? i really odnt want to look through 180 pages jsut to find it. And is the wifi patch still working in 1.3.5?
    The patch is an option in the donor version of mytether. it is not like any other patch... its quit a bit more advanced and involved. Only way to get it is to use the donor version of mytether.. free version of mytether will not allow you to tether via wifi
    MatterOfFactJack
    I really like the wifi option but I just stopped using MT thru wifi and use it usb only anymore. I didnt realize how often I used my camera and YT until I had to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the patch. :>

USB doesnt seem to get my Pre as hot as wifi plus it also charges the Pre and seems a little faster speedwise for me.