Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172177178179180181182183184185186187192 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 4339
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    OK USB works now
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    successfully tethered via USB and Bluetooth on my WIndows 7! Now my life is complete!

How can I get th proper driver download for USBnet I have downloaded what was on the USBnet wiki and when trying to update it says not compatible. FYI I am running Windows 7 x64
    anyone know what i have to do to get this going on win 7 32 bit? ive tried, You MUST re-run the install command again if you're running WebOS 1.3.1, step, and it tells me its already installed, and for some reason, i cant find good drivers any where for 32 bit win 7. i am completely lost and getting somewhat frustrated. any help from anyone would so soo sooooo appreciated. my email is skotty5615@gmail.com, once again, THANX FOR ANY HELP AT ALL!!!!
    I forgot and left MT running for about 24 hours but only actually "did anything to use it"
    for about 10-15 minutes.

What does Sprint see this as?

Is it showing to Sprint that I am tethering 24 hours or only 15 minutes??

Thanks,

Rich
    Does all this need to be done if I am a donor or just use the installer?
    Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for this but it did not come up.

I am trying to usb tether via bluetooth with my Mac OSX. Everytime I try to enable the bluetooth, my EVDO connection for data suddenly drops and there is no data to tether to. Once I disconnect from bluetooth from both the Mac and Pre, the data connection returns.

Has this been an issue? Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I forgot and left MT running for about 24 hours but only actually "did anything to use it"
    for about 10-15 minutes.

What does Sprint see this as?

Is it showing to Sprint that I am tethering 24 hours or only 15 minutes??

Thanks,

Rich
    Sprint will only see that your phone is downloading something. They can't know it's tethered since this program (as far as I can tell) blocks that bit of info. I have no idea if they look at the packets they are handling and do a check to see if it's something the device can access ex: bit-torrent traffic. No sprint phone supports acting as a bit torrent client without "'malicious" means. Just browsing websites should be alright since that is a normal function of a pre. I have no way of knowing if they are using such a filter to weed out tethered phones but I haven't heard a single case of someone getting hit with anything.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitraine21 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for this but it did not come up.

I am trying to usb tether via bluetooth with my Mac OSX. Everytime I try to enable the bluetooth, my EVDO connection for data suddenly drops and there is no data to tether to. Once I disconnect from bluetooth from both the Mac and Pre, the data connection returns.

Has this been an issue? Any help would be appreciated.
    Did you activate the usb tethering portion of My Tether and then connect your Pre to your Mac?
    Someone who has MyTether and has updated to 1.3.5, could you please check and see if USB tethering or any tethering at all still works? I know the last update broke MyTether, so I am curious what happens in this update.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Sprint will only see that your phone is downloading something. They can't know it's tethered since this program (as far as I can tell) blocks that bit of info. I have no idea if they look at the packets they are handling and do a check to see if it's something the device can access ex: bit-torrent traffic. No sprint phone supports acting as a bit torrent client without "'malicious" means. Just browsing websites should be alright since that is a normal function of a pre. I have no way of knowing if they are using such a filter to weed out tethered phones but I haven't heard a single case of someone getting hit with anything.
    According to http://www.precentral.net/fyi-pre-re...-location-palm , the Pre reports what apps you have installed.

It would be trivial to look at the actual packets and see that they are not coming from the Pre. For example, just look at your user agent when you are browsing the web. I don't know whether they actually do that, but it would be simple if they wanted to.
    Hi all. I was just learned about WebOS 1.3.5. I have not tried it with mytether myself just yet. I will report my findings when I do if anyone else has please go ahead and share. As for updating while WIFI patch is installed that is a bad idea and I would advise against it highly likely your phone will be bricked and require webos dr to fix it. Others have reported it has broken wifi functionality of the phone completely when updating with patch installed and some have fixed this by reinstalling mytether and removing and re applying patch.

DO NOT UPDATE 1.3.5 WHILE WIFI PATCH IS APPLIED
    You can turn off the wifi patch using the switch located in the options menu of the wifi section in MyTether.

As I assumed and others have reported a simple re installation of the application should restore functionality of my tether.
    Last edited by jack87; 12/29/2009 at 01:30 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_thomas_27 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as mrloserpunk. Can I USB or Bluetooth tether with the Pixi? I'm aching to buy this app, but I want to be sure it will work. Surely someone has to have experience with this on a Pixi.

Thanks for your help.
    Others have reported that it works for the pixi for usb and bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by theguilfoyle View Post
    I don't ever post just read and have become familiar enough with the homebrew, sdk, osquickinstall, root, etc. However I am really stuck, maybe you can help.

Installed MyTether 2.0.4, using windows because my mac is 10.4 OS. App is installed on my pre and produces a wifi to my Mac on a computer to computer network. However, there is no internet being pushed over. I am pulling an IP address of 169.192.x.x and get a 225.x.x subnet. Are these standard IP addresses for the tether?

Also, bluetooth as a network access point NAP connects but no internet transfers over neither. I think it is a problem on the Pre not the computer because I have tried with other PCs and no luck

Any Ideas?

Do I have to root my pre or do do something with the SSH?
    no that ip address is not correct it should be a 192.x.x.x for wifi and 10.x.x.x for bluetooth. here is a little step by step for bluetooth someone posted a little while back

To pair phone with a Mac try the fallowing:

1 - Make sure you have bluetooth turned on in both the mac and pre.

2 - Run "Setup bluetooth device . . ." on the Mac and add the Pre as a device.

3 - Run MyTether and select USB Tethering (EVDO (3G) should be selected and USBNet should be on under options)

4 - Turn on USB Tethering - top right (Also note, if your running this for the first time, it will ask you if you want to "Enable DHCP" - Every time you turn off and on your Pre it will ask you to "Enable DHCP"

5 - From your Mac, connect to the Pre - you can do this one of two ways. 1st way - If you have the bluetooth menu turned on, you will see your Pre as one of the devices, and under the Pre menu, you will see "Connect to Pre", select that and you should connect. 2nd way - open "Network" preference panel and select bluetooth, there you will see Devices, your Pre should be listed and below that it will say connect. Click on connect. Within a few seconds you should see the red indicator turn green. Your good to go. By the way, you can double check if your connected here if you connect through the menu.

6 - When you want to turn off, just turn off MyTether and Bluetooth on your mac.

NOTE: SOMETIMES IT CONNECTS VERY QUICKLY AND SOMETIMES IT TAKES A FEW MINUTES TO CONNECT, SO IF IT DOESN'T CONNECT IMMEDIATELY, GIVE IT A FEW.

Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    how do i get this app asap, where do i send the 15 bucks?
    mytether.net
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Someone who has MyTether and has updated to 1.3.5, could you please check and see if USB tethering or any tethering at all still works? I know the last update broke MyTether, so I am curious what happens in this update.
    I have the free version installed and working with my Win7 netbook. I only use USB, no wifi patch. I left the My Tether app installed and updated to 1.3.5. My Tether started fine and work with no problems. I'm posting this post tethered.

Only one thing you may notice, I did, my Win7 saw my Pre as a new device and i had to reinstall the network driver as if My Tether were the first time used. I followed the instruction for Vista and all was well.

Good luck.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Hope you are right. I am updating to 1.3.5 this morning after I unpatch my phone. Thank you very much for posting this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I ran the update after undoing the wifi patch and it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    As for updating while WIFI patch is installed that is a bad idea and I would advise against it highly likely your phone will be bricked and require webos dr to fix it.
    BTW - If your phone can be fixed by running WebOSDr, it isn't bricked.
    Had to get a new Pre just before Christmas due to screen cracks. Waited for 1.3.5 to download MyTether again. Works great via wireless. I posted this via MyTether.
    Just an FYI. I had previously installed the non-paid version of MyTether. I updated my Pre to 1.3.5 and after update MyTether refused to open its connection using USBNet. What I did was open Device Management using WebOS Quick Install, find MyTether in the list of installed apps (it is named "This is a webos application") and then uninstal MyTether. Then, using the Linux Command Line in WebOS Quick Install, I reinstalled MyTether using the following command: wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh

After a reboot my tethering was restored to full working condition.

I take that back. My following post will document the issue I am having with MyTether and 1.3.5.
    Last edited by Conceyted; 12/29/2009 at 11:05 AM.
    It appears that MyTether does work with a re-install after updating to 1.3.5. However, I have noticed some odd occurrences when rebooting once I have reinstalled MyTether on 1.3.5. Upon first reboot after installing MyTether, my phone displays a message stating "Updating System Please Do Not Remove Battery" This reboot takes a substantial amount of time and after that reboot, I am no longer able to tether my Pre to a computer successfully. However, I have pinpointed this issue to be a problem with DHCP on the Pre and I am able to circumvent this issue by simply configuring a static IP for my tethered LAN connection. To configure a static IP I am using these settings:

IP: 192.168.0.203
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202
    DNS 1: 192.168.0.202

Anyone else having this problem? It appears that WebOS may be fixing (on the fly) a procedure or class that MyTether's DHCP functionality attempts to modify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conceyted View Post
    Just an FYI. I had previously installed the non-paid version of MyTether. I updated my Pre to 1.3.5 and after update MyTether refused to open its connection using USBNet. What I did was open Device Management using WebOS Quick Install, find MyTether in the list of installed apps (it is named "This is a webos application") and then uninstal MyTether. Then, using the Linux Command Line in WebOS Quick Install, I reinstalled MyTether using the following command: wget -qO- http://mytether.net/install.php | /bin/sh

After a reboot my tethering was restored to full working condition.

I take that back. My following post will document the issue I am having with MyTether and 1.3.5.
    I too ran into the same issue, except I'm unable to connect to the Pre: I got the message "unable to find device" when trying to run novacom to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by griffoun View Post
    I too ran into the same issue, except I'm unable to connect to the Pre: I got the message "unable to find device" when trying to run novacom to connect.
    Turns out the Novacom on my laptop didn't get setup properly... just reinstalled MyTether 1.5.1, still trying to get it connected to my laptop via USB or BT...

EDIT: Success, it's working on USB now. I'm getting 1.30 Mb/s downstream and 0.36 Mb/s upstream at work, and I think it's faster than before with WebOS 1.3.5, but I have to try at home as I usually only get 700 Kb/s downstream and 0.1Mb/s upstream at home.
    Last edited by griffoun; 12/29/2009 at 12:02 PM.