Page 181 of 217 FirstFirst ... 81131171176177178179180181182183184185186191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4339
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by at4rxj View Post
    Thanks for the response...

That's what I don't understand though... Would I have to apply the patch every time I wanted to use wifi? Also, how do you "unpatch"?
    You can leave the patch enabled if you don't need your camera. If you want both, you have to patch/unpatch. The patch/unpatch is an option in the mytether app that is easily enabled. You just "patch" it and reboot, or "unpatch" and reboot to change the state of your phone from tether to camera.

keep in mind that the patch is only required for the wifi option. No patching necessary for USB/Bluetooth but there is additional software required to get usb/bluetooth working on the pc side. With the wifi, you just connect to the wifi. I prefer the "patch/unpatch" method because I do not need to modify my "laptop of the day" to tether. As long as the PC has wifi capabilities, it will work with myTether in wifi mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by b18cvic View Post
    can you be tethering and be on the phone at the same time.i know the i phone has that feature can you do it on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    no, if you have a cdma phone his doesn't work, nor will it ever. Techbcially cdma can handle data and voice at the same time, but no cdma carrier had ever enabled it to my knowledge. So no, either you have a phone or a data connection...however, if you are tethered you could just use voip for phone access.
    Bingo.. pico23 is correct. Although when you receive a call you can answer it and talk and when you hang up your internet will return to the computer as tethering
    MatterOfFactJack
    my tether for pixi?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    I just downloaded homebrew on my pre and I cant find mytether. This is the only reason I downloaded this. Any help on finding this app will be greatly appreciated.....
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    gitit20 and the others helping people. you guys rock. I am glad i'm not the only one trying to support people with tethering. i think tethering should be included by default damn sprint. so i am supportive of tethering for all

Gitit20 sorry you had the screen timer issue thats a bummer you ended up doctoring your phone. i have never personally experinced it myself so wasnt sure of a resolution for it
    Thanks Jack glad i can help i am not sure either i think it was one of them once on a life time freak mishaps (Lets hope one in a lifetime) I am thinking that when My-tether froze one time and had to reboot i am thinking that's when it got stuck maybe...
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks Gitit. Yes I get a timeout. Already installed the gadget driver twice. As talked I get the IT and DNS. But I think the route is missing. From the Palm I can ping google but not from PC.
    Hmm that is odd indeed you may try removing the app and reinstalling it and also try flushing the DNS on your computer I had to do that once on my windows 7 computer to get an out side connection...

Start/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt (Run as Administrator by right clicking on it and selecting run as administrator)

This is what you want to do next... Type with out the quotes

"msconfig /release"

and now you type in with out the quotes

"msconfig /flushdns"

After you do that type with out the quotes

"msconfig /renew"

hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    no, if you have a cdma phone his doesn't work, nor will it ever. Techbcially cdma can handle data and voice at the same time, but no cdma carrier had ever enabled it to my knowledge. So no, either you have a phone or a data connection...however, if you are tethered you could just use voip for phone access.
    Your right for now but there will be a new tech that will allow data and voice connection and a newer rev of cdma may be the 4x stuff i saw it on the discovery channel the other day....
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotony23 View Post
    I just downloaded homebrew on my pre and I cant find mytether. This is the only reason I downloaded this. Any help on finding this app will be greatly appreciated.....
    Run the installer 2 times every single time I have to do this don't ask me why i just do you will see it in the first page of apps :P once you see that reboot... I have the paid version this may not work with the free...
    Installed my tether with no problems. But my laptop will not pick up a signal through WiFi or USB.
    this still needs rooting to get installed?
    now wait, there is a version of "My Tether" out that doesn't require rooting or anything O.O you just put your pre in dev mode, plug it to the computer with "just charge" and then click the "my tether" installer, and it automatically installs the app for you, all you gotta do next is restart and it all works perfectly, dont even need a driver for the usbnet thing o.o soooooo i gotta say, ***?
    WOW... I didn't have to root or install driver. Hmmm...
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I must post that I am disappointed that a patch is required to run this app and it disables video and camera - this was the first app I've actually purchased for my pre... Will wait hopefully for an update that does not include a patch that disables anything... I paid 15 bucks for this app this is most i've spent for any app on my Pre as tethering was important to me perhaps with the next firmware update this won't be necessary - I've read countless failures or disappointments of users attempting to install - I hope in the future this won't be an issue. Waiting,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r View Post
    I must post that I am disappointed that a patch is required to run this app and it disables video and camera - this was the first app I've actually purchased for my pre... Will wait hopefully for an update that does not include a patch that disables anything... I paid 15 bucks for this app this is most i've spent for any app on my Pre as tethering was important to me perhaps with the next firmware update this won't be necessary - I've read countless failures or disappointments of users attempting to install - I hope in the future this won't be an issue. Waiting,,,
    Yes its not perfect but everyone must remember your not suppose to be able to do this in the first place. So there are going to be work arounds. Also the developer is EXTREMELY FAST to try and get an update out when a patch breaks the app. I wish it didn't require a patch either but at least we still have tethering and one of the few phones that can wifi tether.
    how do i get this app asap, where do i send the 15 bucks?
    I'm in the same boat as mrloserpunk. Can I USB or Bluetooth tether with the Pixi? I'm aching to buy this app, but I want to be sure it will work. Surely someone has to have experience with this on a Pixi.

Thanks for your help.
    I have this running on my laptop, but on my soundroom pc, it loads fine and I can connect to the web for about 5 minutes or so, then it disconnects. This is on XP.. Any ideas to keep a constant connection???
    Thanks
    I don't ever post just read and have become familiar enough with the homebrew, sdk, osquickinstall, root, etc. However I am really stuck, maybe you can help.

Installed MyTether 2.0.4, using windows because my mac is 10.4 OS. App is installed on my pre and produces a wifi to my Mac on a computer to computer network. However, there is no internet being pushed over. I am pulling an IP address of 169.192.x.x and get a 225.x.x subnet. Are these standard IP addresses for the tether?

Also, bluetooth as a network access point NAP connects but no internet transfers over neither. I think it is a problem on the Pre not the computer because I have tried with other PCs and no luck

Any Ideas?

Do I have to root my pre or do do something with the SSH?
    169.192.bla.bla is an IP address that windows automatically assigns when it cannot get an address from DHCP That is prob why you are not getting it to work properly. I do not however have this app yet so I cannot help you further.

On that note I would like to get this app and try it out. I will be giving the donation as well but I need to get info on where I can download and send my donation.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have the paid version since it first came out. I tried to set it up on my win7 machine, I downloaded the 64bit usbnet-pre.inf It opens with notebook is that right? I went to control panel after conecting the PRE and click on its properties. It said device had no driver available so I look for it where I downloaded it. I Find the folder but not the specific file. I had downloaded .Net Framework but I tried again but it said install failed.

How can I check if I have .NET Framework running and Novacomm?

Thanks

So I just checked and I have .net framework features running and Novacomm shows on my installed software under Palm... I don't know if it runs automatically.
    Last edited by Gianny; 12/22/2009 at 10:54 PM.