Page 180 of 217 FirstFirst ... 80130170175176177178179180181182183184185190 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4339
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    where do you get the free mytether app. I deleted it but need it again. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    where do you get the free mytether app. I deleted it but need it again. Thanks
    First page of this thread is were you can get it... there is a nice step by step guide same place you got it before :P
    easy and fast! Thnx aonic!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 12/12/2009 at 11:49 PM.
    gitit20 and the others helping people. you guys rock. I am glad i'm not the only one trying to support people with tethering. i think tethering should be included by default damn sprint. so i am supportive of tethering for all

Gitit20 sorry you had the screen timer issue thats a bummer you ended up doctoring your phone. i have never personally experinced it myself so wasnt sure of a resolution for it
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    First page of this thread is were you can get it... there is a nice step by step guide same place you got it before :P
    thanks the problem is I forgot where I got it before, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I may be wrong but if you can ping an outside website like google or some other and you get a response then you should be able to browse the net if you cant you may have windows porbs... However if you cant and get a request timed out error while doing the ping then ya your not pulling through. Have you tried the USB Ethernet gadget drive? if you have uninstall it and reinstall it reboot both the PC and Pre and also make sure you have admin rights... I am on windows 7 ultimate and had no probs other then my screen timer being all jacked upon the pre and had to reload everything...
    Thanks Gitit. Yes I get a timeout. Already installed the gadget driver twice. As talked I get the IT and DNS. But I think the route is missing. From the Palm I can ping google but not from PC.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does anyone have an update on MyTether's progress on getting wifi tethering working (properly)? I haven't seen anything on the mytether forums or on the Twitter page on progress. I'm getting ready to get a new phone and have been looking at the HTC Hero or the Palm Pre. But, wifi tethering is pretty important to me, so I've been waiting on a fix for MyTether.

The whole issue with wifi tethering with the 1.3.1 update is making me pretty concerned about getting a Pre. It looks like MyTether is a one or two person show, and I have concerns about them being able to reliably keep MyTether working. I think there's more developers for the Android platform, so I'm not as concerned about WiFi Tether working on the HTC Hero.

Any thoughts? I've been on the fence between the Hero and the Pre for a while. I've been leaning towards the Pre, but wifi tethering is big enough to push me over to the Hero permanently if it doesn't look like its going to work properly on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggier14 View Post
    Does anyone have an update on MyTether's progress on getting wifi tethering working (properly)? I haven't seen anything on the mytether forums or on the Twitter page on progress. I'm getting ready to get a new phone and have been looking at the HTC Hero or the Palm Pre. But, wifi tethering is pretty important to me, so I've been waiting on a fix for MyTether.

The whole issue with wifi tethering with the 1.3.1 update is making me pretty concerned about getting a Pre. It looks like MyTether is a one or two person show, and I have concerns about them being able to reliably keep MyTether working. I think there's more developers for the Android platform, so I'm not as concerned about WiFi Tether working on the HTC Hero.

Any thoughts? I've been on the fence between the Hero and the Pre for a while. I've been leaning towards the Pre, but wifi tethering is big enough to push me over to the Hero permanently if it doesn't look like its going to work properly on the Pre.

You are right , things have been very quiet from the My Tether developer. My Tether does work on my 1.3.1 Pre. I am not able to use the WIFI tethering but USB is fine so I am good with it. I belive you will be fine with the Pre. Hard to know who has more developers. If the Pre meets your needs as it works today I would go for it. If it doen't , well then hopefully you will do well with the HTC. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickC5 View Post
    If the Pre meets your needs as it works today I would go for it.
    Typically this is similar advice to what I would give. It's generally a bad idea to buy something because of possible features it might have down the line. But, I think it's different with phones. You're basically locked into one for 1-2 years. So, you do have to consider if the phone will continue to need your needs for that entire time frame. I'm more concerned about losing features, rather than seeing new features down the line. Usually it's the other way around.
    instead of doing a full phone restart everytime I want to add/remove the patch. Would it be faster to do a luna restart?
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    instead of doing a full phone restart everytime I want to add/remove the patch. Would it be faster to do a luna restart?
    Yes, And its a lot faster that a restart
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    is there any easier way of installing mytether than rooting your pre. i know i didnt root it before and got the free version. if so can anyone direct me on where the heck to get it at? thanks
    hells yeah, i got the paid version to work finally. i actually think i could've got the free one to work too cause i was getting the same error on both. (code 10). after a service pack 3 update, i was able to download usbnet. in network connections, i rght clicked usbnet and disabled it, then enabled it and it worked. make sure the wifi on yourcomputer is off. just make sure yall follow ALL of the instructions when installing.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Can't get it to work. Tried USB and BT. Installed the inffile which give me an IP and DNS. Ping 192.186.0.202 works and ping google gives me the IP but no connection. I think I wait for the next version.
    BTW: GSM Pre 1.3.1 - Win7
    Are you getting similar issues like me? (Using USB as well) The network adapter lists itself as identifying before it changes to disabled. I'm able to ping the Pre, but I can't enable the adapter. It just brings up the "enabling" box, and then remains disabled. Tried both reported drivers, but I'll keep trying different things.
    Gitah~
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Luna restart will not work for the wifi patch on mytether. it requires a full reboot of the phone
    Quote Originally Posted by reggier14 View Post

I am pretty confident tethering will not be an issue on the pre for much longer consider gsm and european carriers allow tethering. as for mytether i been working with aonic on it. he does most of heavy lifting of coruse i just help how i can. and it is pretty promissing mytether will not just randomly die one day. everytime palm has broken the ability to tether aonic has put every effort into making it work again. right now wifi tethering works on the donor version i dont see it coming back to the free version. but it does require a reboot to install the wifi tethering patch which disables camera and a few other media app functionalities for now that should be resolved soon. but with this whole patching thing it seems almost full proof that it will continue to work in future webos updates.... as for usb/bluetooth tethering i feel like there wont ever be much of an issue that. which are both proffered methods for me over wifi.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    can you be tethering and be on the phone at the same time.i know the i phone has that feature can you do it on the pre.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b18cvic View Post
    can you be tethering and be on the phone at the same time.i know the i phone has that feature can you do it on the pre.
    no, if you have a cdma phone his doesn't work, nor will it ever. Techbcially cdma can handle data and voice at the same time, but no cdma carrier had ever enabled it to my knowledge. So no, either you have a phone or a data connection...however, if you are tethered you could just use voip for phone access.
    Considering paying for the paid version, but want to clarify some of the stuff going around on this...

Running 1.3.1, using the paid version, I'll be able to use it via usb/bluetooth but not wifi right?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by at4rxj View Post
    Considering paying for the paid version, but want to clarify some of the stuff going around on this...

Running 1.3.1, using the paid version, I'll be able to use it via usb/bluetooth but not wifi right?
    usb/bluetooth and wifi work with 1.3.1 and donation version. The only caveat is that a patch is required to get the wifi part to work with 1.3.1. This patch is integrated in to mytether and when applied, disables the use of the camera. After using mytether, simply "unpatch" to re-enable the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerja View Post
    usb/bluetooth and wifi work with 1.3.1 and donation version. The only caveat is that a patch is required to get the wifi part to work with 1.3.1. This patch is integrated in to mytether and when applied, disables the use of the camera. After using mytether, simply "unpatch" to re-enable the camera.
    Thanks for the response...

That's what I don't understand though... Would I have to apply the patch every time I wanted to use wifi? Also, how do you "unpatch"?