Page 18 of 217 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 4339
  1. VitViper's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #341  


    USBNet tethering.
  2.    #342  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    This looks really excited. I rooted my phone some time ago only to learn that I would not be able to get this to work on my Mac. Can you please, please make a version that is compatible with Apple's Laptops with specific instructions and I will kindly donate.

    I hope that Palm and Sprint realize how much we want this functionality on our WebOS devices. In the mean time keep up the good work and I look forward to updates.
    You can just use wifi tethering, no drivers required. the pre becomes a wifi hotspot and your macbook can connect to it
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  3. #343  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugking View Post
    This looks really excited. I rooted my phone some time ago only to learn that I would not be able to get this to work on my Mac. Can you please, please make a version that is compatible with Apple's Laptops with specific instructions and I will kindly donate.

    I hope that Palm and Sprint realize how much we want this functionality on our WebOS devices. In the mean time keep up the good work and I look forward to updates.
    Actually, WiFi tethering works great with my MacBook Pro. Also, I just donated, for the first time. Could a feature be added to allow secure WiFi access and the ability to rename the Access Point?
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticOrder View Post
    Actually, WiFi tethering works great with my MacBook Pro. Also, I just donated, for the first time. Could a feature be added to allow secure WiFi access and the ability to rename the Access Point?
    Thank you! see email
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  5. unclegeek's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #345  
    This may not belong in this thread, but because I don't know if it's related to "My Tether" or just the fact I rooted the phone, but immediately after doing both of the above, I no longer have my contacts available on my hands-free BT in my car.. could either the above have caused this? The phone pairs up when I get in the car, and calls work, but no contacts on-screen (bmw i-drive/nav display).
    Just curious if anyone else has a) rooted Pre, b) My Tether installed and still can see contacts on BT hands-free?
  6. #346  
    I'm trying to download "usbnet-pre windows driver(32 bit)" from the pre dev wiki page, but when I click on it , I get an info page instead of a download promt. Here's the link I can't believe that I am actaully as far as i am in this process so it would be a shame to have to quit here. If anyone has another download link for the 32 bit version of the usbnet-pre windows driver, could you please post. thanks
  7. leez's Avatar
    Posts
    136 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by aairman23 View Post
    I'm trying to download "usbnet-pre windows driver(32 bit)" from the pre dev wiki page, but when I click on it , I get an info page instead of a download promt. Here's the link I can't believe that I am actaully as far as i am in this process so it would be a shame to have to quit here. If anyone has another download link for the 32 bit version of the usbnet-pre windows driver, could you please post. thanks
    What you're seeing IS the driver. Right click on the link, Save as. Rename to .inf.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
  8. s4mb4's Avatar
    Posts
    157 Posts
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    This may not belong in this thread, but because I don't know if it's related to "My Tether" or just the fact I rooted the phone, but immediately after doing both of the above, I no longer have my contacts available on my hands-free BT in my car.. could either the above have caused this? The phone pairs up when I get in the car, and calls work, but no contacts on-screen (bmw i-drive/nav display).
    Just curious if anyone else has a) rooted Pre, b) My Tether installed and still can see contacts on BT hands-free?
    i have hands free working over BT on my Garmin Nuvi 680. contacts and all work fine.
  9. brad75204's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    #349  
    Thanks Aonic.....sent ya $30
  10. #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward View Post
    As I'm clueless in Linux I'm reluctant to root for fear of bricking. Any hope that this can be packaged with webosinternals for an SDK install, or am I just dreaming?
    Dude, take the plunge. Follow the directions carefully, you won't have any troubles. This is not like jailbreaking the iPhone. And even if you do screw up, you've got webosdoctor to help. You won't be sorry.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  11. #351  
    Wow, I gotta root my Pre now.. this is hot..
  12. #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Dude, take the plunge. Follow the directions carefully, you won't have any troubles. This is not like jailbreaking the iPhone. And even if you do screw up, you've got webosdoctor to help. You won't be sorry.
    Tempting, but terrifying...
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
  13. #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Dude, take the plunge. Follow the directions carefully, you won't have any troubles. This is not like jailbreaking the iPhone. And even if you do screw up, you've got webosdoctor to help. You won't be sorry.
    Indeed...I think I doctored mine about 4 times before I finally started backing up the files I was editing... :P LOL Best thing I ever did.
  14. jnk5y's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #354  
    Donation in the mail. Thanks again Aonic. Great work. Now get to work on other cool programs!
  15. #355  
    I did all the steps and installed with the SDK, but when launch the app and I choose to enable wifi tethering the phone just keeps saying

    "Enabling Wifi Tethering..."

    what am I doing wrong?
  16.    #356  
    thanks jnk5y, any good ideas?

    GXMONT, you need to install shell service using root
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  17. #357  
    can you lead me on the correct direction?
  18. #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT View Post
    I did all the steps and installed with the SDK, but when launch the app and I choose to enable wifi tethering the phone just keeps saying

    "Enabling Wifi Tethering..."

    what am I doing wrong?
    You have to install the WebOSInternals package from root, and not from the SDK install.
  19. #359  
    Anyone have a problem with the usbnet driver. Almost everytime when I unplug my phone for one reason or another then I plug it back in the computer picks up a different ethernet gadget. After I unplug and plug the phone back in a few times it finally picks up the one that was initially installed. It is really annoying.
  20. #360  
    Great work on the app!
    Last edited by jack87; 07/10/2009 at 01:20 PM.

Posting Permissions