Page 179 of 217 FirstFirst ... 79129169174175176177178179180181182183184189 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 4339
    Okay I'm at this predicament where every time I charge my pre, it tells me it wants to update. I tell it no, obviously, to ensure mytether continues to work. I've been using the wifi option because thats the only way I know how to get the internet off my phone.

Im running windows 7 and I think most of the drivers are already installed. I did have one driver that it couldnt find that belonged to the "USB ethernet gadget" and i think i need to put in the driver "usbnet-pre.inf" in it. I just need a new driver wizard window to pop up so i can follow the steps from this guy, "http://palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-tether-your-palm-pre-as-a-usb-modem/".

The fact that the Wizard new device thing isn't coming up and also that im using Win7 makes me worry every day that one day the power will go out and when it surges back on, it will automatically update my pre and i wont know how to get my computer to recognize the USB connection. I do have instructions to change the mytether code if it does go to 1.3, but i wont know how to recognize it.

Thanks a lot guys! I've been doing my best to keep up with this hax0ring of pre's but its been getting really complicated lately. Thanks!
    Cant get the BT to work :/ works fine on usb but w7 have no idear what driver it shall use, any idear ?
    Quote Originally Posted by leemahi View Post
    Okay I'm at this predicament where every time I charge my pre, it tells me it wants to update. I tell it no, obviously, to ensure mytether continues to work. I've been using the wifi option because thats the only way I know how to get the internet off my phone.

Im running windows 7 and I think most of the drivers are already installed. I did have one driver that it couldnt find that belonged to the "USB ethernet gadget" and i think i need to put in the driver "usbnet-pre.inf" in it. I just need a new driver wizard window to pop up so i can follow the steps from this guy, "http://palmpre-hacks.com/palm-pre-hacks/how-to-tether-your-palm-pre-as-a-usb-modem/".

The fact that the Wizard new device thing isn't coming up and also that im using Win7 makes me worry every day that one day the power will go out and when it surges back on, it will automatically update my pre and i wont know how to get my computer to recognize the USB connection. I do have instructions to change the mytether code if it does go to 1.3, but i wont know how to recognize it.

Thanks a lot guys! I've been doing my best to keep up with this hax0ring of pre's but its been getting really complicated lately. Thanks!
    To install the Ethernet gadget drive look at the post i posted yesterday it will tell you how to install it...

You may need to go into the device manager...

Right click on my computer then click property's after you get that open click on device manager then find the pre driver not installed and right click that and click property's.

You then click the driver tab then click update driver or reinstall driver what ever one is there.

Make sure its seen as an Ethernet Gadget if it is then follow the steps in my last post for installing USB net drivers...

Hope this helps but i am not in front of your computer to see what the deal is for sure... I am thinking about making a video for this and putting it up on youtube if i get enough requests for it...

Good luck bud...
    Last edited by gitit20; 12/09/2009 at 07:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    It's been a long time since I play with MyTether and now I have a few questions about usage.

Can I use MyTether so that I can the wireless setup so that I can connect my Pre to my computer instead of using the USB mode to copy files to the Pre (example: such as music files).

I know MyTether is basically used so that the Pre's cellular network is used as a way for your PC to get access to the network when you don't have access to a normal wireless network, such as when you are on the road.

So basically, I'm asking what other uses are there for MyTether, and can it be using in my above request.

Can it be used to install via WebOS Quick Install to connect to the Pre instead of having to connect the cable?

Thanks!

Rob
    The short quick answer to your question is NO
    [QUOTE=gitit20;2085006]You might try this... Sept use the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi driver if you have webOS QI then you should not have to re-download anything your prb may be the Ethernet gadget driver...

Downloaded WOQI started it and installed the Novacom Driver for X64 (had to extract that from webOS doctor) file name is NovacomInstaller_x64.msi its in the resources folder..."

Gitit20,

Thank you for the response. I am installing to a 32 bit XP, SP3... above you mention what sounds like a 64 bit driver (Novacom Driver for X64 .)

Also, not sure what your abbreviation "Sept" means unless it was a typo. By the wau, I have tried installing with webOS QI installed on the computer and without it being installed with the same results.
    Is this updated for webos 1.3.1 yet? If so how do i recieve this and donate? also how much do i need to donate to recieve it?
    [QUOTE=preexist;2086299]
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    You might try this... Sept use the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi driver if you have webOS QI then you should not have to re-download anything your prb may be the Ethernet gadget driver...

Downloaded WOQI started it and installed the Novacom Driver for X64 (had to extract that from webOS doctor) file name is NovacomInstaller_x64.msi its in the resources folder..."

Gitit20,

Thank you for the response. I am installing to a 32 bit XP, SP3... above you mention what sounds like a 64 bit driver (Novacom Driver for X64 .)

Also, not sure what your abbreviation "Sept" means unless it was a typo. By the wau, I have tried installing with webOS QI installed on the computer and without it being installed with the same results.

Ya if you have a 32bit os then you would use NovacomInstaller_x86.msi and for the 64bit os you would use NovacomInstaller_x64.msi

Still not working no matter what you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    I may get flamed for this BUT could one point me in a direction on how to install this via OSX?
    For the free version the same steps posted in the article should apply on the mac
    Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1 | The Mx Web

but the donor version has a mac installer you run and does all the work for you

Quote Originally Posted by big****t View Post
    I am a ******. I've had everything I need to connect with MyTether for a month now and just realized what my issue is. I can't download USBnet. I download it and got something like "Code 10". What is that and how can I fix this. Any solutions would be extra super appreciated.
    Reports have said windows xp sp3 fixes the code 10 error update your windows to service pack 3

you can download it here

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...P3-x86-ENU.exe

Quote Originally Posted by preexist View Post
    I should report more on my issue, not sure why because I have made a multiple posts here without having a single response. (Perhaps I am too verbose.)

I have installed the Palm SDK for Windows XP. When I install the USENET-pre.inf driver to my XP SP3 laptop (with the phone plugged in) everything goes well. No errors and it shows I have a Connection3 which is connected or enabled. A check of the device driver shows no "?" on either the USB Net driver or the Novacom driver. I can get an IP from the phone using IPconfig and the however it simply will not bring up the internet.

When I reboot the computer and re-plug in the phone the computer asks again for the driver USENET-Pre.inf driver to be installed, as if it was never installed the first time. When I reinstall the driver, I get an error ten code, device cannot start. If I uninstall everything and start over, then same result occurs.

Any ideas on what is wrong would be appreciated.
    Try using the same USB port to avoid the need to reinstall the driver each time. also what is the ip you are getting. are you actually receiving and ip from the pre. dos it start with 192 or 169? you can try "repairing" the network adapter

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    It's been a long time since I play with MyTether and now I have a few questions about usage.

Can I use MyTether so that I can the wireless setup so that I can connect my Pre to my computer instead of using the USB mode to copy files to the Pre (example: such as music files).

I know MyTether is basically used so that the Pre's cellular network is used as a way for your PC to get access to the network when you don't have access to a normal wireless network, such as when you are on the road.

So basically, I'm asking what other uses are there for MyTether, and can it be using in my above request.

Can it be used to install via WebOS Quick Install to connect to the Pre instead of having to connect the cable?

Thanks!

Rob
    Yes you can transfer data using wifi you will need to install sftp server on the pre and use some sort of sftp client winscp works well for windows. As for installing via web os quick install that is a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by jvvpc View Post
    Cant get the BT to work :/ works fine on usb but w7 have no idear what driver it shall use, any idear ?
    Instructions for USBNet driver instalation on Vista/7
    1. Be sure to turn on USBNet (requires reboot) in My Tether under USB options menu.
    2. Plug the phone into your computer
    3. Ignore the wizard that comes up asking for driver software.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    6. In the wizard that came up, clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    8. Chose "Network Adapter" in the list for type of hardware
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    10. In "Network Adapter", chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then click Next and complete the wizard.

You may keep USBNet enabled from here on out. Also a good idea to try to use the same USB port on your computer to avoid reinstalling the driver

When driver is installed and USBnet is enabled you may go into MyTether and enable USB tethering and DHCP. Give it a minute for the computer to retrive an IP Address and browse away.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddys4life View Post
    Is this updated for webos 1.3.1 yet? If so how do i recieve this and donate? also how much do i need to donate to recieve it?
    All the answers you seek can be found here. Http://mytether.net/
    Last edited by jack87; 12/09/2009 at 08:24 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    cant connect with usb or wifi...please help me.

Install the Terminal app through Preware, then enter what you see on the following page to block updates. Mine has been blocked for a while now and I"m still running 1.21.

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals
    Ha continuing my story, on the way to the airport to pick up some of my friends' misplaced luggage, the tire was getting low on the way over so i turned in to our local super america gas station. I was charging my phone in the car, and when i turned the car back on, i forgot it was gonna again give me 10 minutes to tell it not to update. so in the car i was cussing to myself of how stupid i was and that i wasnt gonna get internet anymore.
    well i got it fixed now!!!!!
    first i followed this Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1 | The Mx Web

then i followed this
    1. Be sure to turn on USBNet (requires reboot) in My Tether under USB options menu.
    4. Navigate to the device manager, by hitting start button and typing "Device Manager" in the search box and click on it when results appear.
    5. You will see a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget" in the lest. Right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the next page, Clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. Under "Manufacturer", Chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")

That was it! my phone isnt overheating anymore because the wifi is turned on. although i would still love to see it work someday. hopefully! i wish i was as talented over linux and phones as all you guys are. thanks a million!
    I purchased My tether about 3 months ago & it was working perfectly all this time. With the recent upgrade on my Pre to 1.3, My Tether is no longer working.
    Can someone please give ONE solid page of simple instructions to get it working again? The way the instructions go now, they are scattered amongst 5 pages of forums, etc & I am TOTALLY confused. Can someone walk me thru the entire process from end to end as though I was 10 years old, please? I have the password still that came with the purchase (donation), but after doing a partial erase, I need to install the files on my device again. Thanx, someone, for understanding & taking the time to write a clean step-by-step for those of us whom are slighty challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by TGEPMan View Post
    I purchased My tether about 3 months ago & it was working perfectly all this time. With the recent upgrade on my Pre to 1.3, My Tether is no longer working.
    Can someone please give ONE solid page of simple instructions to get it working again? The way the instructions go now, they are scattered amongst 5 pages of forums, etc & I am TOTALLY confused. Can someone walk me thru the entire process from end to end as though I was 10 years old, please? I have the password still that came with the purchase (donation), but after doing a partial erase, I need to install the files on my device again. Thanx, someone, for understanding & taking the time to write a clean step-by-step for those of us whom are slighty challenged.
    dude im no expert, but just read the post above that i wrote. first follow the instructions in the link to re-download a fixed version of mytether. then follow the instructions i wrote.

the only problem ive had is sometimes my computer will not connect to the internet. i will try all sorts of combos of wifi on, wifi off, plugging it in first, restarting it, restarting my computer. all my computer would say is unidentified network and no internet access all yesterday. today i plugged it in and it worked. its wierd i want to know what it wanted.
    Ha continuing my story, on the way to the airport to pick up some of my friends' misplaced luggage, the tire was getting low on the way over so i turned in to our local super america gas station. I was charging my phone in the car, and when i turned the car back on, i forgot it was gonna again give me 10 minutes to tell it not to update. so in the car i was cussing to myself of how stupid i was and that i wasnt gonna get internet anymore.
    well i got it fixed now!!!!!
    first i followed this Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1 | The Mx Web

then i followed this

That was it! my phone isnt overheating anymore because the wifi is turned on. although i would still love to see it work someday. hopefully! i wish i was as talented over linux and phones as all you guys are. thanks a million!
    Hey your welcome glad me and Jack was able to help you...
    Ok now that i got other peoples tether working now mine wont i can not shut off the disable screen timer no matter what i do how do i fix this? any ideas jack? My phone does not go to standby any longer? was working great then just one day stopped turning off now the screen is on all the time... this new version has MANY bugs wifi only works some times i have been using USB to get by till the next one comes but this is getting frustrating...
    go into screen lock app on the phone where the screen settings are and check the time it has you screen timer set yo. you might need to manually reset it to like 30sec or something
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    go into screen lock app on the phone where the screen settings are and check the time it has you screen timer set yo. you might need to manually reset it to like 30sec or something

Thanks for the fast response :P i did that set it to 30 sec and so on a couple times but it did not work for some reason the app lost control its stuck on some how i am going to mess with it a bit longer and just WebOS doctor the phone (I hate doing that takes quit a while to reinstall all the apps and so on)

Any idea when a new version will be out that works with out having to do the patch thing and causing the cam and so on not to work? Really looking forward to that... ))
    Can't get it to work. Tried USB and BT. Installed the inffile which give me an IP and DNS. Ping 192.186.0.202 works and ping google gives me the IP but no connection. I think I wait for the next version.
    BTW: GSM Pre 1.3.1 - Win7
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Can't get it to work. Tried USB and BT. Installed the inffile which give me an IP and DNS. Ping 192.186.0.202 works and ping google gives me the IP but no connection. I think I wait for the next version.
    BTW: GSM Pre 1.3.1 - Win7
    I may be wrong but if you can ping an outside website like google or some other and you get a response then you should be able to browse the net if you cant you may have windows porbs... However if you cant and get a request timed out error while doing the ping then ya your not pulling through. Have you tried the USB Ethernet gadget drive? if you have uninstall it and reinstall it reboot both the PC and Pre and also make sure you have admin rights... I am on windows 7 ultimate and had no probs other then my screen timer being all jacked upon the pre and had to reload everything...
    Quote Originally Posted by hoodsharks View Post
    cant connect with usb or wifi...please help me.
    If you want help we need a lot more info like...

1. Are you using the free or paid version of the app.

2. What OS you have. (IE Mac or Windows XP Vista or 7 32bit or 64bit)

3. What steps you have tried to getting this to work.

4. Any errors you may be receiving while trying to make it work.

Once we get some of that basic info we maybe able to help you other wise with out knowing whats going on we have no way too. Also read the install guide it solves most problems...
    Last edited by gitit20; 12/12/2009 at 11:19 PM.