Page 178 of 217 FirstFirst ... 78128168173174175176177178179180181182183188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    I may get flamed for this BUT could one point me in a direction on how to install this via OSX?
    There is a Mac Installer for the donor version
    Quote Originally Posted by IOCTL View Post
    After installing 1.3.1 and reinstalling MyTether (free/command line), I didn't have any internet connection, although it did see the "local" connection on my Vista machine.

The one thing that worked was to turn off USBNet, reboot, then turn it back on again and reboot. It works now. I suspect USBNet got stuck in some weird state when the OS was upgraded and it needed to be fully cycled off and on to work properly.

I was having this issue as well - Vista recognized the pre as a network adapter but only with "local" access - and "resetting" the USBNET on MyTether worked like a charm to get connected to the internet.
    hmm i registered on the dev's site and on the forum there were lots of threads of people saying they donated but didnt get the app withthe installer. :S
    The feature list says that the possibility to change the data source in USB mode was added from 1.2.4 to 2.0.1. Is it possible to do the same in the 1.5.1 version?
    I broke mi wifi. How do I re-enable it with repair utility?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I dont have to webos doctor the phone
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I am a ******. I've had everything I need to connect with MyTether for a month now and just realized what my issue is. I can't download USBnet. I download it and got something like "Code 10". What is that and how can I fix this. Any solutions would be extra super appreciated.
    Works on my mac Via bluetooth & My Tether App..HAve to use them at the same time...Setup your bluetooth with your palm pre and make sure you have the passkey option....Once there sync have your My Tether on before you sync bluetooth....Put the WIFI on & USB option on in Mytether
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    I may get flamed for this BUT could one point me in a direction on how to install this via OSX?
    Forget the above, you need WebOS QuickInstall, and you don't need the donor version. Read my post #3023 in this forum (for WebOS version 1.2.1). If you've already updated to 1.3.1 then stop after step 2. and read this forum (including comments at the bottom of the page):
    Free My Tether Back to Life in 1.3.1 | The Mx Web

(To get the Unix command line access mentioned in Free My Tether, from WebOS Quickinstall toolbar, click "tools". This really works if you follow the instructions exactly.

Phil
    hey guys,

installed on my phone, but cant seem to get it work. so i guess this product no longer works for wifi or bluetooth...so I am trying using usb. i have usbnet enabled, but i guess i dont get what I am supposed to do on my comp to get it to work?
    found the correct drivers, and now usb mode is working fine. does anyone know if mytether still can use the bluetooth connection? also, can wifi work? when i click wifi it asks to install a patch, but then just shows a circle scrolling up on the mytether screen but never completes. anyone?
    I just got my replacement pre and i need to reload the tether... do I used the new program that was made to fix the old tether program or do i load the old one then update it with the new one. theres a chance this could have been a dumb question but i went for it...
    Thether folks: I got the Thether program loaded on my Pre 1.31, but have been having difficulty loading the pre inf USB Net driver. Does this require having Novacom installed on the computer to be thethered? (I have tried it with and without in my XP. ) DHCP and USB net are on.

My connection shows that I have connected and IPconfig shows an I.P. number has been assigned, but no internet? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodhnc View Post
    If you made a donation you should receive an email from raja@aonic.net with a link to log into the Donors only section at My Tether :: Donors Only
    I did receive an email from him and I went to the link. I did not realize I was supposed to install on my laptop, I was trying to install on the phone. So when raja instructed me to put it on my laptop, the link stopped working and says I have no access. So I've written him about 5 times and he now does not return my emails, so i'm just screwed, I guess.
    I should report more on my issue, not sure why because I have made a multiple posts here without having a single response. (Perhaps I am too verbose.)

I have installed the Palm SDK for Windows XP. When I install the USENET-pre.inf driver to my XP SP3 laptop (with the phone plugged in) everything goes well. No errors and it shows I have a Connection3 which is connected or enabled. A check of the device driver shows no "?" on either the USB Net driver or the Novacom driver. I can get an IP from the phone using IPconfig and the however it simply will not bring up the internet.

When I reboot the computer and re-plug in the phone the computer asks again for the driver USENET-Pre.inf driver to be installed, as if it was never installed the first time. When I reinstall the driver, I get an error ten code, device cannot start. If I uninstall everything and start over, then same result occurs.

Any ideas on what is wrong would be appreciated.
    It's been a long time since I play with MyTether and now I have a few questions about usage.

Can I use MyTether so that I can the wireless setup so that I can connect my Pre to my computer instead of using the USB mode to copy files to the Pre (example: such as music files).

I know MyTether is basically used so that the Pre's cellular network is used as a way for your PC to get access to the network when you don't have access to a normal wireless network, such as when you are on the road.

So basically, I'm asking what other uses are there for MyTether, and can it be using in my above request.

Can it be used to install via WebOS Quick Install to connect to the Pre instead of having to connect the cable?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by preexist View Post
    I should report more on my issue, not sure why because I have made a multiple posts here without having a single response. (Perhaps I am too verbose.)

I have installed the Palm SDK for Windows XP. When I install the USENET-pre.inf driver to my XP SP3 laptop (with the phone plugged in) everything goes well. No errors and it shows I have a Connection3 which is connected or enabled. A check of the device driver shows no "?" on either the USB Net driver or the Novacom driver. I can get an IP from the phone using IPconfig and the however it simply will not bring up the internet.

When I reboot the computer and re-plug in the phone the computer asks again for the driver USENET-Pre.inf driver to be installed, as if it was never installed the first time. When I reinstall the driver, I get an error ten code, device cannot start. If I uninstall everything and start over, then same result occurs.

Any ideas on what is wrong would be appreciated.
    You might try this... Sept use the NovacomInstaller_x86.msi driver if you have webOS QI then you should not have to re-download anything your prb may be the Ethernet gadget driver...

Downloaded WOQI started it and installed the Novacom Driver for X64 (had to extract that from webOS doctor) file name is NovacomInstaller_x64.msi its in the resources folder...

I used total commander to do this... You can get it here Total Commander - home

I then installed the Ethernet gadget drive for USB modem... in some cases WOSQI will not see the Pre unless this is installed...

(don't know why but it wont maybe Jason can shed some light on that one.. Its nothing to do with WOSQI but some times windows will cause this if not all the drivers are installed)

The Driver you need to install is (Remote NIDS based internet sharing device)

Instructions can be found in the my tether thread or by looking at some older posts i have made...

All worked ok for me and it only took me about 3 min to get it up and working...
    Even though you are not using Vista People have done this step and all worked after

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next
    Tried this. Started out OK, then I get an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" How do i resolve this error code
    Tried this. Started out OK, then I get an error "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" How do i resolve this error code