Page 177 of 217 FirstFirst ... 77127167172173174175176177178179180181182187 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    successfully tethered via USB and Bluetooth on my WIndows 7! Now my life is complete!

Please walk me through step by step on what you did to get USB to work...
    Can someone help me? when i did the loner version i loaded into my pre and when i click on wifi tether is says "WebOS needs to be patched in order for Wifi tethering to work.While the patch is applied the Camera app willNOT work. You can un-patch later when you no longer need wifi tethering" what should i do?

Please respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortega88 View Post
    Can someone help me? when i did the loner version i loaded into my pre and when i click on wifi tether is says "WebOS needs to be patched in order for Wifi tethering to work.While the patch is applied the Camera app willNOT work. You can un-patch later when you no longer need wifi tethering" what should i do?

Please respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is what you have to do right now untill Aonic gets the bugs worked out of the system

Simply remove the patch and reset phone and cam will work again.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    That is what you have to do right now untill Aonic gets the bugs worked out of the system

Simply remove the patch and reset phone and cam will work again.
    So if i agree to it the tethering will work and when i am done tethering i just restart my phone and camera will work again? this isnt something thatll kill wifi right?

thanks
    no, you have to open up mytether again and go to options have it patch the camera back
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz View Post
    So I was suffering from some serious phone envy after my wife decided to go outside the box and pick up a HTC Hero. It prompted me to look elsewhere and I found this community. The tethering was something I have wanted for a while and I thought I would share my experience:

1) installed the tool kit 2.9

2) ran the linux string from the command line in the tools pull-down

3) disconnected and rebooted

4) Synced bluetooth to my laptop

5) Successfully logged onto the web

It was so easy, I couldn't believe it. I also did one of the other tweaks that is supposed to "Unthrottle" the connection. Don't know if that is working. But I will run some speed tests and post the results.
    What was this "tweak" if you do not mind sharing please ?

I also did one of the other tweaks that is supposed to "Unthrottle" the connection
    Do u need to root the pre to rum my tether?
    Sorry noob question... I guess I should do some reading first. Never mind my previous post.
    Sorry guys.
    Hey Jack And Aoinic any ideas on when a non patched needing ver. will be out? I love the app and use it quit often but i also use the cam a lot to and its a bit of a pain to patch and then un-patch the device all the time i am worried that doing this over and over again can cause probs... Might i suggest a faster patching and something that's automated (meaning when you start wifi tether it patches it and when you turn it off it un-patches with out having to do a whole phone reboot the hole process takes about 4 to 5 min to use wifi my tether) Just a suggest...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that this was just a simple app. I think I'll wait until it's developed a bit more and new OS bugs are fixed. I have one question though. If you get this to work right, is all you need is the Pre and a computer to connect it to? Does the phone act as a wifi card/adapter/router? My Win7 is not able to pick up Wifi. But if I can use Sprint's, that'd be great. I don't seem to use it like I'd like to on the phone. I prefer a good old computer. =)
    Thanks for your reply. I did get an email but when I tried to do the install on my phone, it replied "no handler" so Raja told me I was supposed to install it on my laptop, not my phone, so when I went back to the Phorum to get the installer, it said I did not have access. I wrote him back asking for access again, using the email that shows I'm a donor, but have not heard anything from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Well MyTeather just suddenly stopped working yesterday. I went and reinstalled according to the above links, through command line. I did it twice. Whenever I turn on USB tethering it just immediately goes from on to off.

Any ideas? I have reinstalled it 3 times now. What else can I try?
    Same here, I have had sketchy tethering over USB since 1.3.1 came out, using XP, are others experiencing this with the donor version?
    Installed using your combo installer on OSX 10.6, Snow Leopard - perfect!
    Hooked it up to a Sony Vaio (no Bluetooth) running Ubuntu 9.10, Ubuntu saw it, and just hooked up with no questions asked!

I'm tethered right now in a sub-basement surrounded by concrete and steel.
    Does anyone know if the current version (for USB & BT at this point I've given up on WiFi) will work with WebOS 1.3.5?

I have heard that the new version has been released to developers, so I was wondering if anyone has tested this.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    I have the paid version usb works fine for me on win 7 looks like wifi isn't working yet usb works great for me even when roaming love this app anyone with win 7 issues turn on usbnet on the phone plug in the pre to your computer check device manager look for a unrecognized device or in network adapters right click choose update driver, browse my pc open your .ini file click yes or ok to the rest may have to do a reboot on the pre and your pc try it if your still having issues check back in device manager should have a linux device in network adapters hope that helps guys
    BBoT* alert!

* - big block o' text
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by azack View Post
    I have the paid version usb works fine for me on win 7 looks like wifi isn't working yet usb works great for me even when roaming love this app anyone with win 7 issues turn on usbnet on the phone plug in the pre to your computer check device manager look for a unrecognized device or in network adapters right click choose update driver, browse my pc open your .ini file click yes or ok to the rest may have to do a reboot on the pre and your pc try it if your still having issues check back in device manager should have a linux device in network adapters hope that helps guys
    Your word to period ratio is quite impressive.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I may get flamed for this BUT could one point me in a direction on how to install this via OSX?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Your word to period ratio is quite impressive.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima396 View Post
    I may get flamed for this BUT could one point me in a direction on how to install this via OSX?
    Bootcamp or parallels.