Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74124164169170171172173174175176177178179184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    You can try reading the post right before yours
    Lol yeah i realized that ok so the paid version i want that one then. ok so now im trying to do the instructions from this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/1791625-post1461.html
    and doing the whole instal file thing. do it put the same command in that i did for the free version of MY tether? Like do i put that in where i open cmd and then novacom and put the command you had provided us?
    Quote Originally Posted by dortega88 View Post
    Lol yeah i realized that ok so the paid version i want that one then. ok so now im trying to do the instructions from this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/1791625-post1461.html
    and doing the whole instal file thing. do it put the same command in that i did for the free version of MY tether? Like do i put that in where i open cmd and then novacom and put the command you had provided us?
    Hum... just like it says but that will just install the same free version you currently have? anyway to avoid all of that seems like you are interested in the donor version... it has an automatic installer you run on your computer takes care of everything My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Hello,

I have a unique need for Tether at work.

I have used: desktop -> usb - > pre -> evdo -> internet many times and it works well.

However, At work in DT Chicago the evdo connection is not great.

I want to use desktop (without WIFI) -> usb -> pre -> WIFI -> internet (work WIFI for employees).
    Is this possible? I have tried a couple times with no luck.
    Hum... just like it says but that will just install the same free version you currently have? anyway to avoid all of that seems like you are interested in the donor version... it has an automatic installer you run on your computer takes care of everything My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    ok cool and this will automatically get rid of the old my tether right?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dortega88 View Post
    ok cool and this will automatically get rid of the old my tether right?
    YES
    Quote Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
    Hello,

I have a unique need for Tether at work.

I have used: desktop -> usb - > pre -> evdo -> internet many times and it works well.

However, At work in DT Chicago the evdo connection is not great.

I want to use desktop (without WIFI) -> usb -> pre -> WIFI -> internet (work WIFI for employees).
    Is this possible? I have tried a couple times with no luck.
    It is possible one of the added fatures in the options menu of the donor version for mytether. I have used it and works great.. bassically turning your pre into usb wifi card. now questions is will be worth it to you for 15 bucks on donor mytether or you can pick up a wifi dongal on newegg. your call. but just keep in mind that is only one of the extra features from the donor version... besides it would be supporting the developer (who cant by any means submit this app to palm)

PS
    You could even do it by Bluetooth if your desktop has bluetooth so its a bluetooth wifi card. kind of a cool concept leaving phone on touch stone as you browse the web through your bluetooth connecting to the pre which connects to your wifi acess through its wifi card haha
    Added Photos

my-tether_2009-25-11_140531.pngmy-tether_2009-25-11_140534.png
    Last edited by jack87; 11/25/2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Added Screenshots
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    besides it would be supporting the developer (who cant by any means submit this app to palm)
    Good point the JAck....Palm would never take this and do anything but throw it away.
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Not sure who to tell about this but there is something in the MyTether WiFi patch that's interfering with the ability to watch recorded videos using Precorder in the Videos app on the Pre.

I've installed and reinstalled the wifi patch twice and have gotten the same results. Videos play when it's not installed and don't when it is.

Just thought I'd let you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    Not sure who to tell about this but there is something in the MyTether WiFi patch that's interfering with the ability to watch recorded videos using Precorder in the Videos app on the Pre.

I've installed and reinstalled the wifi patch twice and have gotten the same results. Videos play when it's not installed and don't when it is.

Just thought I'd let you know.
    already known result of wifi patch it is mentioned in donor forum
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    already known result of wifi patch it is mentioned in donor forum
    Right on, haven't been to the donor forum in a few days.
    Any word on a time frame for a stable WiFi tethering solution? It's great that it's working again at all, but for my needs, the current solution just doesn't work.

I can only image how hard Palm/Sprint has made this, but I would purchase this in a heartbeat if it worked like it did on 1.2.1. hahaha
    i never purchase this app b4 always used the free version, but lately i have had the need 2 use it and i cant cause im on 1.3.1. never realize how much i did. when this app is fully functional i am purchasing it!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    im running mytether right now and its enabled
    but when i look for wireless signals on my laptop.. i dont see anything?
    whats the problem
    I am having trouble with the USB tether. It worked once for about a minute, then something changed and I couldn't get it back. The WiFi tether works great. I have completely rebuilt my OS trying to get it to work. I'm using Vista 32-bit and have installed the usbpre driver. My computer sees the RNDIS gadget, but shows it as disabled. I click enable, it tells in the dialog box it's enabled, but no-go. I'm using the paid version of My Tether.

I'm sorry if the answer for this lies somewhere in the 174 pages of posts. A link to the solution if that is the case would suffice and be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who have made owning a Pre such an awesome experience.
    so what is the status at this point? i have never used my tether but and traveling soon and may like to use it rather than pay for motel wifi. So as a newbe to mytether with updated pre, if i donate does the newest version work no problem? or are we still waiting for bugs to get worked out
    thanks
    Yes, paid version does work. You need to install a wifi patch in order for the wifi portion to work. In doing so, several apps will not work while the patch is installed.

Apps that won't work after patch installed:

Camera, Youtube, Videos, Sprint TV. etc. (mostly multimedia apps)

To get them working again, you can simply uninstall the patch and then reinstall the patch whenever you want to use wifi tethering.

--James
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmzero View Post
    has anybody got this to work on 1.3.1? mine doesnt. i reintalled it and it shows the app but no connetion. i downgraded to 1.2.0 and installed it and it works. (anybody got 1.3.0. .jar or link)

I want to get MyTether working again with the least amount of hassells. How do you go back to 1.2.1? Did you use WebOSDoctor or is there another way? (MacBook OS 10.6).
    I have the paid version and have the app running, but i cant get a connection to the internet. My laptop connects to the phone (via wifi), but thats it. Anyone have a solution for this problem?

p.s. i have posted this on the donor forum and haven't received a response

Thanks in advance.
    Just sharing. Dont use much but wanted to re set up the app, just in case. [IMG][/IMG]
    ugg, so maybe not a good post for myteather, but I've paid for the donor version and I haven't gotten as much of an e-mail outside of my donation from paypal with the 2.0.4 to download... is the maker of this not check his accounts??? I've pm him and also e-mailed his e-mail posted on paypal raja@aonic.net ....... oh well, guess that's what I get for supporting people... the free app was awesome and I wish he'd let me get the paid version