Page 173 of 217 FirstFirst ... 73123163168169170171172173174175176177178183 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4339
    i have the donor version and it says connected via wifi tether but no actual internet on the computer. Help anyone?
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    when trying to patch for wifi the download keeps failing and wont patch right any help btw im using the donor version

***well after rebooting patch finally installed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mri3uivivy View Post
    i have the donor version and it says connected via wifi tether but no actual internet on the computer. Help anyone?
    it has been mentioned over and over... there is no wifi tethering for the free version also mentioned in red on the OP
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by Mri3uivivy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    it has been mentioned over and over... there is no wifi tethering for the free version also mentioned in red on the OP
    But he says he has the donor version. If you go to the donor only page in the tether forum you can get the answers you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    But he says he has the donor version. If you go to the donor only page in the tether forum you can get the answers you need.
    i missed that good catch.. ya support for wifi should be found at the donor forum.... first thing to check and see is if you are getting an IP on the computer... so verify that and post your experience in the donor forum
    MatterOfFactJack
    has anybody got this to work on 1.3.1? mine doesnt. i reintalled it and it shows the app but no connetion. i downgraded to 1.2.0 and installed it and it works. (anybody got 1.3.0. .jar or link)
    so if i have a macbook how do i go about doing the USBnet?
    Quote Originally Posted by ebonexxx View Post
    so if i have a macbook how do i go about doing the USBnet?
    you dont... sadly mac doesnt support usbnet but macbooks to have bluetooth so creat a bluetooth network between phone and your mac PAN.... and turn usb tethering on using mytether and you should be golden.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Wifi is not functional on the free version and will not work for your ipod touch as for working on a GSM phone i believe it should work fine but there has not been any official testing on a GSM phone. you should be able to bluetooth and usb tether.
    Hi

I installed version 2.04. It patched and the phone rebooted. When the phone started up again it went to the launch screen but everything was frozen. I took out the battery, rebooted and it was still frozen. Then I removed the SIM, rebooted and it was not longer frozen. This allowed me to uninstall the mytether patch to get my phone back working again.

The patches I have installed are

Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Default to Month View
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    Enable LED Notifications
    Power Button to End Calls
    Powersave Smartreflex 600Mhz
    Reduce Minimum Brightness

Prior to MyTether the phone was reasonably stable. Ever since I went through the procedure above, my phone has been acting erratically so I think its time for WebOSDoctor.

I dont know if the problem is conflict between the MyTether patch and other patches or if it has something to do with being a GSM phone.

Gx

i can not figure out why that would be the case on a fresh doctored pre considering no one else ran into such things... when restarting after the patch did you give it enough time to boot up when it hit the palm screen? do you have any other patches installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffinx View Post
    I redoctored the Pre 4 times in a row today, each time only installing My Tether 2.0.4 (Mac installer) afterwards. I had the identical results each time. My Tether installed fine, patched fine, rebooted after patch fine, worked fine (on both laptop and iPod Touch), but after removing patch fine, the next reboot would always freeze at "palm".

Like you said Jack, no one else has had this problem installin My Tether. I was about to post when I saw yours Griffinx. Your issue is quite similar, although you apparently were able to reboot without the Doctor.

I already suspected the Powersave Smartreflex 600 patch, the one I had installed the first time I installed My Tether . I had the same freeze (the first since launch day purchase) at "palm". Many others have reported the same freeze at "palm" after installing the same patch.

The problem is, not even the Doctor seems to fix it. I have to conclude, from my experiences of the last two days, that the Dangerous Powersave Smartreflex 600 patch (via Preware) has permanently altered my Pre.
    Last edited by galavanter; 11/25/2009 at 05:15 AM.
    The Powersave Smartreflex 600MHz patch "has been WITHDRAWN (their caps) due to reports of stability problems. Please remove it".

I noticed this on Preware about a half hour ago.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    .....perhaps when palm releases the changes they have made to web os. untill then you do not have to run the wifi patch if you do not want to... once again you can reverse the patch as well right from the app itself......
    What exactly are we waiting for Palm to release? I thought that the 1.3.1 webOS doctor (rom) was released. Are you referring to an updated SDK or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    The Powersave Smartreflex 600MHz patch "has been WITHDRAWN (their caps) due to reports of stability problems. Please remove it".

I noticed this on Preware about a half hour ago.
    I deleted the Smartreflex 600MHz patch and MyTether eventually worked OK on the GSM Pre.

Gx
    How does the USBnet instalation on 7-x64 it says not compatible
    Hi

I installed version 2.04. It patched and the phone rebooted. When the phone started up again it went to the launch screen but everything was frozen. I took out the battery, rebooted and it was still frozen. Then I removed the SIM, rebooted and it was not longer frozen. This allowed me to uninstall the mytether patch to get my phone back working again.

The patches I have installed are

Battery Icon as Percent
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Capture with Volume Keys
    Default to Month View
    Enable Landscape PDF Viewer
    Enable LED Notifications
    Power Button to End Calls
    Reduce Minimum Brightness

Prior to MyTether the phone was reasonably stable. Ever since I went through the procedure above, my phone has been acting erratically so I think its time for WebOSDoctor.

I dont know if the problem is conflict between the MyTether patch and other patches or if it has something to do with being a GSM phone.

Gx
    the phone might be acting up due to the powersave smarterflex patch and the wifi patch... the rest of the patches should be just fine if you get a chance and are up for it perhaps remove the powerflex patch and try wifi patch again see if you have any luck then

UPDATE:
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    I redoctored the Pre 4 times in a row today, each time only installing My Tether 2.0.4 (Mac installer) afterwards. I had the identical results each time. My Tether installed fine, patched fine, rebooted after patch fine, worked fine (on both laptop and iPod Touch), but after removing patch fine, the next reboot would always freeze at "palm".

Like you said Jack, no one else has had this problem installin My Tether. I was about to post when I saw yours Griffinx. Your issue is quite similar, although you apparently were able to reboot without the Doctor.

I already suspected the Powersave Smartreflex 600 patch, the one I had installed the first time I installed My Tether . I had the same freeze (the first since launch day purchase) at "palm". Many others have reported the same freeze at "palm" after installing the same patch.

The problem is, not even the Doctor seems to fix it. I have to conclude, from my experiences of the last two days, that the Dangerous Powersave Smartreflex 600 patch (via Preware) has permanently altered my Pre.
    I deleted the Smartreflex 600MHz patch and MyTether eventually worked OK on the GSM Pre.

Gx
    Ha i guess you guys already did... well there you have it

Quote Originally Posted by SunFire View Post
    How does the USBnet instalation on 7-x64 it says not compatible
    Same way as windows vista installation of usbnet driver.. you can find the instructions at http://mytether.net toward the bottom of the page
    MatterOfFactJack
    where is this patch for the wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    donor version of mytether has the patcher built in... no patch for the free version. wifi for the free version is no longer supported all the options for wifi are still there for advanced users to tinker with.
    Last edited by jack87; 11/25/2009 at 12:29 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Ok so i did the free version of my tether and it doesnt seem to be working. I tried the wifi so that my laptop would pick it up but it didnt show up.

Im on the latest version of WebOS. is there something else i need to do.

What does the Paid version do thats better ( i might just want that one)?

Thank You
    Daniel
    Quote Originally Posted by dortega88 View Post
    Ok so i did the free version of my tether and it doesnt seem to be working. I tried the wifi so that my laptop would pick it up but it didnt show up.

Im on the latest version of WebOS. is there something else i need to do.

What does the Paid version do thats better ( i might just want that one)?

Thank You
    Daniel
    You can try reading the post right before yours
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    UHHHH...did you read any of the posts in this thread at all?