Page 171 of 217 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 4339
    I am trying to install the tethering package and have sucessfully installed the 1.5.1 Teathering application using the Linux root application in WebOSQuickInstall. Next, I moved to trying to install the USBnet network setup on my computer. The first instruction in the sticky post says, to run the command "usbnet enabled" on your pre. I entered that command while in root and it rebooted the phone. The I typed ifconfig and it showned me a screen with various I.P. addresses. It said my pre's address was 10.1.1.10, which seems strange to me because its not a 192. number. Bcast was 10.1.1.255 and the mask was 255.255.255.0. However, I did not see anything that indicated I had a usb0 interface. The instructions said to get DHCP I needed to Edit /etc/dnsmasq.palm.conf, however the phone reported that no such command "Edit" can be found. Nevertheless, I moved ahead to see if I could install the usbnet-pre.inf. I used my laptop for this and I received an error 10 when installing the driver and had to uninstall the driver and try again, which resulted in the same error. (The Pre was plugged into the USB on the laptop while USBnet was enabled.) The laptop was clean of any other WebOSQuickInstall software. I returned to my main desktop computer where I had all the WebOSQuickInstall software including the Palm SDK and the driver installed okay. The instructions do not say the target computer needs to have all the WEBOS installs on it. Does anyone know if this is the case. (I can easily install everything to the laptop and proceed if I have to). Then, at the end of the Gumstix driver instruction you are supposed to click another link to complete the driver installation. The new link discusses creating a bridge between your wire or wireless LAN and the USB which requires installation of another driver using a linux.inf file. The link discusses Ethernet bridging to a wired and a 802.11g Is this section necessary? It mentions using cygwin bask, which I have never heard of and is very confusing.

Has anyone been able to sort this process out sucessfully and is able to provide an explanation for what I am experiencing and provide some suggestions for completing the USBNET driver installation on my laptop? Thanks to all for this great forum.
    usually i'm brighter than this, but i went ahead and tried to install the old ipk for my tether on my 1.3.1 pre before checking this forum. and of course, the note about "you will break your wifi" was correct. i have deleted the app, but when i try to turn wifi on i just see the circle...

any fix, command line or otherwise? please help. i'd REALLY rather not see the Dr.

in the meantime, i'll go buy the app and see if that gets me anywhere...

Oh TG - fixed my problem by following steps here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2033490

huge thanks to haderach (for the instructions and having the sense to archive the wifi driver) and auzo for hosting the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by solid801 View Post
    Oh TG - fixed my problem by following steps here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2033490

huge thanks to haderach (for the instructions and having the sense to archive the wifi driver) and auzo for hosting the file.
    Yup! and one more warning to other users out there... do not install mytether and tweak it in any unsupported methods if you are not indeed an expert user. because it can definitely hurt your phone.

You can still use Free MyTether fallowing the instruction here

Keep in mind no WIFI for the Free version and a Temp WIFI fix soon to be announced for the donor versoin
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    well I have done everything to get this thing to work. I am running usbnet on windows 7. I followed directions and it gets to the point where it looks like there's a connection but I still can't load a webpage.

I am done wasting time on this. Please let us know when you have the wifi working cause this is a major pain.
    okay so im running 10.6.2 on my mac and way back during 1.1.1 i was able to run AoNet just fine. Now I cant seem to get it to work.

I've rooted my phone, added in the command line and when I go to do the tethering it pulls nothing at all...

anyone know what it could be?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post

...Keep in mind no WIFI for the Free version and a Temp WIFI fix soon to be announced for the donor versoin
    Hey Jack,

When you say "temp" wifi fix, does that mean temp until the permanent one is ready, or Temp as in wifi tethering will only work for a limited time?

Thanks...
    I am having some serious problems here. It seems that I CANNOT get hte USBNet to enable. I rooted it and typed the command and rebooted just like it said to. When I go into the application and turn the "on" switch I get a dialog box asking me to enable USBNet. No matter what I do it will NOT enable!!
    Is it possible to connect to the internet with the palm via the computer and not the computer via the palm?

regards
    binary
    Quote Originally Posted by Stearmandriver View Post
    Hey Jack,

When you say "temp" wifi fix, does that mean temp until the permanent one is ready, or Temp as in wifi tethering will only work for a limited time?

Thanks...
    until a better solution is found... new solution requires patching which will be done through the app UI so its not bad.. just annoying because it requires a reboot before you can wifi tether. aonic looking for a way to wifi tether without the need of such patches... but until then this will do for now.

Quote Originally Posted by harry_palm View Post
    I am having some serious problems here. It seems that I CANNOT get hte USBNet to enable. I rooted it and typed the command and rebooted just like it said to. When I go into the application and turn the "on" switch I get a dialog box asking me to enable USBNet. No matter what I do it will NOT enable!!
    Try typing usbnet enable in command line since you have already "rooted"

Code:
    usbnet enable
    Last edited by jack87; 11/23/2009 at 05:07 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Okay everyone..... WIFI for the Donor version of my tether on WebOS 1.3.1 is a go!!!

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! will have donation info

and this thread in the donor forum will have 1.3.1 details for mytether 2.0.4
    Last edited by jack87; 11/23/2009 at 05:25 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I 've installed my tether 2.0.4 with the wifi fix but stil does not work the wifi because when the phone asks me to patch (so wifi would work and camera would not) it says "not enough space in filesystem. try deleting some apps from your pre"
    Is' s strange cause i have just 60 patch/apps from preware and i can install everything more without having this message.

Do you think this is a bug?

And sometimes happens that after trying to patch for wifi i try again with usb and it asks me to renable usbnet, i do that and it has to restart BUT it's not the truth, i mean when it restarts it disables the usb (even if it thought it would enable) and i have to reenable it and restart again .

I hope i could explain this, it's complicate and english is not my language
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    actually I have the biggest problem now, I tried to install/unistall my tether lots of time and now it doesn't appear anymore on my pre, i'm posting by the pre now but I need my tether, i'm doing a lot of tests, restarting pre thousand of times, installing and uninstalling my tether but it does not appear in the apps and I get no error from the exe file. What should I do? :-(

[edit]
    I fix this and the renabling of usbnet but stil is says "not enough space in filesystem. try deleting some apps from your pre" and i have a lot of space :\
    Last edited by Seymour77; 11/23/2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    okay everyone..... wifi for the donor version of my tether on webos 1.3.1 is a go!!!

my tether : Tethering for palm pre - turn your palm pre into 3g wifi router! will have donation info

and this thread in the donor forum will have 1.3.1 details for mytether 2.0.4
    works great for me!!!!

Thanks aonic and jack!!!

Those result are off of a really bad EvDo connection, but it still works.
    Last edited by DocHemi; 11/23/2009 at 11:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour77 View Post
    actually I have the biggest problem now, I tried to install/unistall my tether lots of time and now it doesn't appear anymore on my pre, i'm posting by the pre now but I need my tether, i'm doing a lot of tests, restarting pre thousand of times, installing and uninstalling my tether but it does not appear in the apps and I get no error from the exe file. What should I do? :-(

[edit]
    I fix this and the renabling of usbnet but stil is says "not enough space in filesystem. try deleting some apps from your pre" and i have a lot of space :\
    try deleting a song or two maybe a video something up to 10mb from the internal directory you know the one when you go into usbmode and pops up like a flash drive on your computer... ya free up 10mb there and try again just a guess.. sorry guys i will not be ablel to help till later this evening.. good luck.. but support should be available at the donor forum
    MatterOfFactJack
    man i bin having so mutch trouble with this..............grrrrrrrrrrr
    I posted this at mytether.net as well:

I downloaded new installer for 2.0.4 and My Tether installed without a problem on my Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

I opened My Tether and hit "Install Patch" after reading message about camera not working. The Pre froze after a few seconds requiring a battery pull to correct.

Checked the camera after battery pull and reset and it still worked.

Second attempt installed the patch successfully. It takes close to a minute to install. Then a reset is required to activate patch.

I then turned on My Tether, turned off wifi and enabled DHCP at the prompts, and turned tethering on. Turned off timer and lcd in LCD settings, and then attempted to connect both my laptop and iPod Touch.

Both say they are connected to AoNet but neither can get online. As stated, camera app will not open. My Touch says "Safari cannot open the page. Operation could not be completed. Invalid argument". Laptop says I am not connected to the internet.

I uninstalled patch successfully, but Pre freezes on boot screen with "palm". Battery pull doesn't help.

Doctored phone for the first time. Gotta go to work, after I call in late...

No worries though, I'm glad I'm close to tethering again. Thanks.

EDIT: I want to add that yesterday I installed the Powersave Smartreflex patch 600 and the phone froze on the home screen for the first time...
    im a little confused as to how to use this application. you said that you need to root the pre but then upon checking your conversations one said that you do not need to as long as its SDK or something...

I dont want to be a bother but could you like reply back with some step by steps.... or just anything to get me started. Ive read how to instal like ten times but still dont understand

PLease help me

Thank you
    Daniel
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    You can install it from root, WOSQI, or the Installer. It's all on the donor site.

The first time I tried to run it, I got an error on the patch install. After reboot it worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by dortega88 View Post
    im a little confused as to how to use this application. you said that you need to root the pre but then upon checking your conversations one said that you do not need to as long as its SDK or something...

I dont want to be a bother but could you like reply back with some step by steps.... or just anything to get me started. Ive read how to instal like ten times but still dont understand

PLease help me

Thank you
    Daniel
    If you are talking about the free version fallow the steps in the quote below if you are talking about donor version seek support at the donor forum there is a sticky thread for every method of installation

Quote Originally Posted by JNMyer View Post
    1. Get WebOSQuickInstall here: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html
    2. Run WebOSQuickInstall with your phone in developer mode and connected to your usb port.
    3. Click on Tools>LinuxCommandline
    4. Type this in and hit enter:
    Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh
    ^^That installs MyTether onto your phone.

5. Install drivers onto your computer using these directions:http://forums.precentral.net/1791515-post1460.html
    MatterOfFactJack