Page 170 of 217 FirstFirst ... 70120160165166167168169170171172173174175180 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 4339
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    If you follow his twitter feed, you'll find some good news that sounds promising.
    got a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    got a link?
    My Tether (MyTether) on Twitter
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    TY
    Finally i got usb tethering to work on my windows 7 laptop! if you are having problems i used these instructions and it works great. it says instructions are for vista but they worked for windows 7!

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!

Last edited by fgcchevy; 11/21/2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: speed test results
    Well I followed the instructions and my computer shows that I am connected to the Internet, but I cannot surf the web. tried rebooting computer and Pre. Ne1 else runinto this problem? I installed the drivers (USBNET and NOVACOM). Just looking for some guidance. Seems like it was working earlier. The confusing sign is that the little taskbar shows the connection to the internet, but I cannot hit the net.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Awesome APP!! Bluetooth tethering works great on windows 7!!
    Any solution for snow leopeard?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    Finally i got usb tethering to work on my windows 7 laptop! if you are having problems i used these instructions and it works great. it says instructions are for vista but they worked for windows 7!

My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router!
    I seem to have gotten the USB method to work now (Vista64), my only question is do I need to do the instructions given below, each time I wanna tether via USB?

Instructions for USBNet on Vista & Vista 64bit by mu7efcer
    1. On Pre: in the My Tether program turn on usbnet.
    2. Reboot Pre and open My Tether again and turn on DHCP
    3. Plug in Pre to USB on Vista
    4. In wizard that comes up asking for driver software, I chose ignore.
    5. Then I went into the device manager, by right clicking on "My Computer" and selecting "Manage", then clicking on "Device Manager"
    6. There was a device called "USB Ethernet Gadget". I right clicked on it and selected "Update Driver Software..."
    7. In the wizard that came up, I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software"
    8. In the next page, I clicked "Let me pick from a list of deice drivers on my computer"
    9. It asked me to pick a type of hardware. I chose "Network Adapter"
    10. Under "Manufacturer", I chose "Microsoft Corporation". (Note: this is not the same as "Microsoft")
    11. In "Network Adapter", I chose "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.
    12. Then I clicked Next.

My test on bandwidth test place: 1188/346
    Last edited by xfbo; 11/21/2009 at 11:04 AM.
    no, that was only to get the drivers installed on your laptop.
    Running a netbook with win xp. Have pre with 1.3. Have my tether v2.0.3 installed on pre.
    Can connect via bluetooth and USB but after disconnect have to reboot pre in order to start a new connection.
    No luck on wifi connection but it looks like it may not be ready yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Well I followed the instructions and my computer shows that I am connected to the Internet, but I cannot surf the web. tried rebooting computer and Pre. Ne1 else runinto this problem? I installed the drivers (USBNET and NOVACOM). Just looking for some guidance. Seems like it was working earlier. The confusing sign is that the little taskbar shows the connection to the internet, but I cannot hit the net.
    Good to go now. I loaded the USBNET adapter and the novacom, so hopefully that will keep me tethered.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnite6 View Post
    Good to go now. I loaded the USBNET adapter and the novacom, so hopefully that will keep me tethered.
    Once connected through your new network connection, be sure that IE is set to discover connection automatically. Believe I was stuck at this same position yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgcchevy View Post
    no, that was only to get the drivers installed on your laptop.
    TY, I asked cuz I dont think it seemed to work the second time around cuz the device manager was showing the driver problem again. Will have to give it another round tonight to see how it works out.

No dice. At the moment, I'm so fvcking frustrated I deleted the program. This is the first and probably the last app I'll ever purchase, the lack of concise instructions is pretty pathetic.

Hoping the next build works as good as the last one did before the 1.3.1 release.
    Last edited by xfbo; 11/21/2009 at 11:14 PM.
    ok so I've tried EVERYTHING here. I use the linux command to update MT. MyTether was working perfectly fine before the webOS update. Now it does not. Even after reinstalling MyTether. I get the following error.

"Limited or no connection available."

This is on a windows XP.
    Last edited by ConeNubi701; 11/22/2009 at 03:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    ok so I've tried EVERYTHING here. I use the linux command to update MT. MyTether was working perfectly fine before the webOS update. Now it does not. Even after reinstalling MyTether. I get the following error.

This is on a windows XP.
    I've had this same problem. I have been fixing it by opening up Control Panel>Network Connections & finding the connection. I then disable & re-enable the connection. So far this is the only solution I've found to the problem.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Well, if you've tried everything, I guess there's nothing left to do. You might as well wait for the update.
    I've been trying to use it via USB which MT has already been updated for. Doubt there is going to be another update besides enabling wi-fi.I see alot of people have gotten tethering via USB working. That's my problem. I can't get it to work.

it used to work perfectly fine. And even after updating MT it does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by xfbo View Post
    TY, I asked cuz I dont think it seemed to work the second time around cuz the device manager was showing the driver problem again. Will have to give it another round tonight to see how it works out.

No dice. At the moment, I'm so fvcking frustrated I deleted the program. This is the first and probably the last app I'll ever purchase, the lack of concise instructions is pretty pathetic.

Hoping the next build works as good as the last one did before the 1.3.1 release.
    I feel you.

I've been following the many levels and links of instructions for over an hour and now I'm at the point were I've supposedly rooted my Pre, but I don't know if I should paste the text from the first post where my cursor is now or if I should press ENTER, first.

Since people say it's so easy to bork your Pre messing with this stuff, I'm paralyzed with fear. That fear would not exist if instructions were more clear and cohesive. They're so disjointed that I'm afraid I'm missing something important.

If my Pre will let me, I'm going to stop here - cut my losses - and just do without this application.

Too bad. I could really use a good tethering solution.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Thank God I'm not alone....thnx for the reply West! Lol.

IMO, these guys are geniuses writing these apps but seem to drop the ball with what should be the simple part.....writing clear step x step instructions for those of us who don't know how to work our way arnd these phones. Perfect example....in the instructions I quoted above, no where does it state when to actually flip the switch to turn on the usb switch???
    Last edited by xfbo; 11/22/2009 at 02:08 PM.
    So I cant get it to work. I rooted my pre and applied the code line but nothing shows in my wifi signal
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post

This is on a windows XP.
    Try not enabling dhcp on the mytether.. you can turn it off in the optinos menu and manualy configure your tcp ip settings

IP: 192.168.0.203
    Subnet: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.0.202

dns 1: 192.168.0.202
    dhs 2: blank

see if that helps

try it after a fresh reboot of your phone. good luck
    MatterOfFactJack