Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by onexistence View Post
    Copy the .png onto your Pre and, via SSH, replace the existing icon file with the new one... e.g.:

Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    sudo mv /media/internal/icon.png /usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/icon.png
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /
    Opps. Too early in the morning. Thanks!
  2.    #322  
    Thank you all for the comments, sorry if I missed any questions by anyone. All your feature requests are good features!

Donators please check your emails, the email on the paypal account.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ms2474 View Post
    Thanks Aonic! I will be donating!

I have a quick question. Everything is working fine, but when I use wifi it seems to disconnect when the backlight turns off. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Try doing stop powerd as a command and it should stop it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks Aonic! I just got my Pre yesterday and got this working last night. One question, when I tether via usb I have to turn my firewall off first and keep it off while my Pre is connected or else my laptop will freeze. Is there something I did wrong? or a fix to this. Thanks
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I installed the package and got it to work with WinXP Pro with SP2 with the WiFi tether. Did try the USBnet yet since they said it need SP3 ( installed that last night on the laptop. I guess you need the USBnet driver for the BT to work properly?

Only options i like to see are MAC list to limit the machines connecting and a way to turn off sleep since i might not be able to use the touchstone in transit some places for a hour or two. After 3 minutes the WiFi times out because of screen blanking.

I was getting DSL speeds with the WiFi tether on DSLReports Tests.

Bruce
    Wifi tethering is awesome! Thanks again, aonic! I would also note that this is now my preferred method of SSH'ing into my Pre--no router required!

Oh, one more question: after disabling wifi tethering it tells me that I need to run wifidriver -i to re-enable wifi. What's up with that? Will I have to reboot every time when I'm finished tethering? Not that that's the worst situation in the world (since it's better than not tethering).

Last edited by jbg7474; 07/10/2009 at 08:24 AM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    If you guys haven't donated lemme just say Aonic rewards you pretty well to do so. Thanks again Aonic!
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  8.    #328  
    Np, neoGTR22

Jbg, disregard that, it means nothing, you an just turn on wifi through webos as you normally would

Vman, that's just your firewall software getting confused, nothing I can do
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    If you guys haven't donated lemme just say Aonic rewards you pretty well to do so. Thanks again Aonic!
    Well said! Thanks again aonic!
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    i don't want to sound like a preacher, but this is by far, the best implementation of this for ANY platform to date.
    iPhone could only do this a week ago (after 2 years of trying and costs $10)
    WM version is called WMWiFiRouter (it really is clunky and expensive)

our phones are barely a month old and the fact that this exists already is absolutely amazing.

donate now and donate often.
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Np, neoGTR22

Jbg, disregard that, it means nothing, you an just turn on wifi through webos as you normally would
    Thank you, sir. It didn't work the first time, but I believe that's because I didn't turn off wifi before enabling tethering. When I turned off wifi before enabling tethering, all was well.

Let's see, where did I put my paypal account?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I have not been able to do anything to my phone because for the past month I have had no internet access except through my Pre. Monday I should be getting internent again and at that point I will be rooting my phone, installing this app, and donating!
    Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    i don't want to sound like a preacher, but this is by far, the best implementation of this for ANY platform to date.
    iPhone could only do this a week ago (after 2 years of trying and costs $10)
    WM version is called WMWiFiRouter (it really is clunky and expensive)

our phones are barely a month old and the fact that this exists already is absolutely amazing.

donate now and donate often.
    I used to use USB Modem from mobile-stream for my Treo and subsequently on my Centro. This is even better!! Thanks again aonic!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Aonic: Just to chime in like the rest who love this app and appreciate your work....you are definitely the MAN Got everything up and working now. Just donated. THANKS AGAIN!!!
    Is their now an ipk file for the tethering app that works after using the Palm Mojo SDK?
    Just tested this as a access point for my IPod Touch with zero issues. i'm gonna try to work on securing the connection today and i'll pm you the change made so you can include it in the app.
  17.    #337  
    thank you everyone, your words of encouragement keep the development going

ray: no, you need root to install shell services, although you can install My Tether with just SDK
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
    As I'm clueless in Linux I'm reluctant to root for fear of bricking. Any hope that this can be packaged with webosinternals for an SDK install, or am I just dreaming?
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unclegeek View Post
    Not to burn up more thread real-estate with "thank you"s but.. THANK YOU.. you finally pushed me into the "root" realm and I'll never look back.. (what the hell does that mean?)
    Donation forthcoming!
    Yeah Payday today.. Donation complete! Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    This looks really excited. I rooted my phone some time ago only to learn that I would not be able to get this to work on my Mac. Can you please, please make a version that is compatible with Apple's Laptops with specific instructions and I will kindly donate.

I hope that Palm and Sprint realize how much we want this functionality on our WebOS devices. In the mean time keep up the good work and I look forward to updates.