Page 165 of 217 FirstFirst ... 65115155160161162163164165166167168169170175215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4339
    I'm starting to get frustrated...

I downloaded the program...Java is installed, USBNet is installed, Dev Mode enabled, MyTether is installed, MyTether runs fine, and STILL NO CONNECTION...

I'm trying to do this in USB mode, but it just won't work...everytime I plug the Pre in, I have to go through Control Panel to manually update the driver for the ethernet adapter...after which I notice my Windows 7 treating it like a network connection...but I get either one of two errors: No network connection, or No Internet connection...

I've followed all instructions referred to me to the T...exactly what is going on here?...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post

I downloaded the program...Java is installed, USBNet is installed, Dev Mode enabled, MyTether is installed, MyTether runs fine, and STILL NO CONNECTION...

I'm trying to do this in USB mode, but it just won't work...everytime I plug the Pre in, I have to go through Control Panel to manually update the driver for the ethernet adapter...after which I notice my Windows 7 treating it like a network connection...but I get either one of two errors: No network connection, or No Internet connection...

I've followed all instructions referred to me to the T...exactly what is going on here?...
    is novacomd.exe running in your process list
    Yes, it is...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yes, it is...
    I think I read on here that you need to kill that process. Im not on windows 7 tho... and im a major noob so you might want to wait for someone else to reply.

On a side note; I got USB to work... I am trying to get BT to work.I can find the phone from my computer and create a NAP connection but everytime I try to connect that connection doesnt work. I am missing something??

Thanks in advance,

I found that I couldn't use Windows 7's built-in driver to get it working; had to use the 64-bit driver. Now at least USB tethering is working.

FWIW, the method that didn't work for me is the method at the bottom of the MyTether webpage...
    Step by step instructions on how to install usbnet driver on your computer

====> USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals <====
    MatterOfFactJack
    So does the WiFi on the latest (2.0.2) version work so I can finally get up to speed on 1.3.1?
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    Hey will you get charged by your ISP for this tethering?
    No not yet they will post when its working 100% if you can not wait you can use USB for Blue tooth for now...
    Hey Aonic and Jack you may think about updating the first page for the noobs that come in wondering why its not working update it to say it not working for 1.3.1 as of yet or something will help elem. some of the noobish questions.... Just a suggestion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Loco Wit The Pre View Post
    So does the WiFi on the latest (2.0.2) version work so I can finally get up to speed on 1.3.1?
    2.0.2 is the version number of the GUI, which has been at 2.0.2 for a long time, and honestly doesn't really affect tethering capabilities.

What you want to look for the version number of is the service, which is now at 1.0.6, which does not fix Wifi capability yet.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Hey will you get charged by your ISP for this tethering?
    If you are using My Tether, the ISP is your wireless provider. For most of us here, that would be Sprint. Tethering is not allowed with the Pre under your user agreement with Sprint, so if they know you are tethering with your Pre they can either charge you by the KB for the data used while tethering or cancel your service. As long as you don't tether excessively, there isn't really any way they will know you are tethering.

Don't use My Tether as your main source of internet, and just use it for basic web browsing, email, etc and you should be just fine. Don't use it all the time or for large downloads, torrents, streaming, etc.
    This is prob the worst time to ask a question lol. butttt....

I uninstalled MyTether using the MyTether installer, it disappeared and then i installed it again using the MyTether Installer. The version i'm using is the donor one.

The problem now is that its not there anymore, i tried rebooting, installing it again, uninstailling, nothing. Any Ideas??

It was mentioned (i think) in a previous post, but no solution .....Help?
    Haha, i was waiting for someone to respond to my question...and i hope it wasnt a time wasting one.

I did read, and have been up to this point, and cant find anything. I'm stuck with comcast out in my area trying to get that damn icon back on lol. With no luck.

What i'm thinking about is doing the webos doctor, which i dont want to do ugh.

Any ideas?
    PS: I did read!
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    OK This is odd...I installed USBNet last night and couldn't get USB working at all. Now tonight I was connected over BT, but I just looked at my network connections and my BT Network Connection is disconnected and my Local Area Connection 2 is connected to Linux USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget. So apparently USB just started working all by its self.

Oh well, at least it's working.
    Long time listener first time caller. How do I know if i have the latest version for 1.3.1? When I look under device info it only says 2.0.2, nothing about 1.0.6. Also if anyone here has any ideas about why my pre suddenly becomes unrecognizable to my computer the knowledge would be appreciated.
    Long time listener first time caller. How do I find out which version I have? When I look under device info it always says 2.0.2 regardless of how many times I install/upgrade, nothing about 1.0.6. Also if anyone here knows why my pre is suddenly unrecognized by the computer via usb the knowledge would be appreciated.
    Free version fix for USB and Bluetooth tethering ONLY on WebOS 1.3.1 has been applied... one note to keep in mind is you may need to reboot your pre to restore its internet after you are done tethering. if you have Luna Manager installed you can just hit Restart Java

All you have to do is run this simple command with linux access

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

WebOS Quick Install
    has command line access under the Tools last option if you dont want to "root" your pre.

As for donors
    ----------------------------------
    NEW installer for donor version soon you can get it at My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! Donor forum

• Fixes the random USB still on bug

• For now only USB/BT tethering are working Wifi fix is not released yet although a solution has been found so it is just on the horizon

• You might still need to reboot your phone to restore its Internet after you are done tethering. if you have Luna Manager installed you can just hit Restart Java

Last edited by jack87; 11/17/2009 at 12:33 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20.    #3300  
    Thank you Jack.

What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    free version fix for USB and Bluetooth tethering on WebOS 1.3.1 has been applied... one note to keep in mind is you may need to reboot your pre to restore its internet after you are done tethering. if you have Luna Manager installed you can just hit Restart Java

All you have to do is run this simple command with linux access

Code:
    wget -qO- http://vz.aonic.net/pre/my.tether.install | /bin/sh

WebOS Quick Install
    has command line access under the Tools last option if you dont want to "root" your pre. Also remember free version Wifi does not work
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!