Page 164 of 217 FirstFirst ... 64114154159160161162163164165166167168169174214 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 4339
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Ok, I just spent about an hour and half reading this forum and I want to install this. I am more than willing to pay the 15 bucks, heck I'll pay 30 if I can get it to work. My only questions are;

1) Once I pay on paypall will I get a email with instructions on how to download and install the app or is that still down/not working?

2) I have preware installed on my pre and would like to know if there is a way to download the app that way. I tried to search for it on preware but couldnt find it. If something similar to preware exists that would also be helpfull.

3)I am computer stupid. I admit it. Since I am computer/pre stupid, are the intructions easy to follow?

Thanks in advance,
    Hello all, first post to the forum.

After some shenanigans I got the drivers and software to install on my Pre and on my laptop. Pre updated to 1.3.1 last night so tethering obviously isn't working. I just thought I'd give what information that I have; hopefully the dev could use it but perhaps my problem has been discussed before...

After connecting to the Pre, enabling tethering, disabling AutoMetric in Windows, rebooting, etc, I got the Network Sharing Center to say it's connected to the internet.

However, I can't actually navigate to any webpages.
    Ping won't connect to Google

I'm getting a Connection Timed Out error (versus a Server Not Found error that is displayed with the network completely disconnected).

This is with the free 1.5.0 version that is currently on the webpage.
    Last edited by Pinhead-227; 11/15/2009 at 11:57 PM.
    If I have 1.5 installed and wish to upgrade to the donor version (once it's made fully compatible with 1.3.1), what do I need to do with 1.5? Does it need to first be uninstalled or will the donor version install over 1.5? Thanks.
    Domingan,

you're not alone. i just installed preware and i'm also looking for a simple method to install this application. does anyone have a "rooting for dummies" guide that can be used to provide step-by-step instructions for installing My Tether?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    Hello all, first post to the forum.

After some shenanigans I got the drivers and software to install on my Pre and on my laptop. Pre updated to 1.3.1 last night so tethering obviously isn't working. I just thought I'd give what information that I have; hopefully the dev could use it but perhaps my problem has been discussed before...

After connecting to the Pre, enabling tethering, disabling AutoMetric in Windows, rebooting, etc, I got the Network Sharing Center to say it's connected to the internet.

However, I can't actually navigate to any webpages.
    Ping won't connect to Google

I'm getting a Connection Timed Out error (versus a Server Not Found error that is displayed with the network completely disconnected).

This is with the free 1.5.0 version that is currently on the webpage.

I discovered that for USB tethering to work on my Windows 7 installation, disabling AutoMetric was not needed and actually prevented Internet connectivity for USB tethering. think those instructions were for use of Pre as a MiFi WiFi access point.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k-wow View Post
    Domingan,

you're not alone. i just installed preware and i'm also looking for a simple method to install this application. does anyone have a "rooting for dummies" guide that can be used to provide step-by-step instructions for installing My Tether?
    I found some stuff on youtube about rooting and how to install it. Still tho, it would be nice to have someone with more experience give me a heads up. I know that this youtube vid is installing a older version but with the paid version will I still need to install the SDK and stuff? If someone can find the time, can you point me in the right direction should I follow the vid? Thank again...

here is the vid
    You don't need to "root" the pre to install mytether. If you purchase mytether, you get access to an .exe installer that will install mytether for you on the Pre. The installer requires the latest .net installed on your pc and the Pre in dev mode. There is also a linux command line script method to install mytether. The easiest way to install the script via command line is to simply use the webos quick install (woqi) app. In woqi. select tools > linux command and enter the script. Alternatively and finally, you could just install the terminal app via preware and then access the linux command shell on the pre itself...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 11/16/2009 at 02:27 AM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    or you could play it safe and have a simple installer like webosinstaller and support the developer at the same time :0

1.3.1 works with USB/Bluetooth.. aonic's still working on wifi .. I would say a few more days.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    or you could play it safe and have a simple installer like webosinstaller and support the developer at the same time :0

1.3.1 works with USB/Bluetooth.. aonic's still working on wifi .. I would say a few more days.
    another thing is the supported free version of mytether does not work with webos 1.3.1 at all not t this time atleast. as soon as the dev figures out wifi for the donor version the fix for free version will be applied as well

here is a better understanding of mytether in the 1.3.1 world ==> http://themxweb.com/2009/11/15/webos...-and-mytether/
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    A workaround has been found that gets usb/bt tethering working again on the free version. Wifi is still in work

Leathal gives instruction on how to do that here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2036931

And haderach gives you the file (steps 1-6 of the instructions) that you need so you can skip to step 7 here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2037139
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I discovered that for USB tethering to work on my Windows 7 installation, disabling AutoMetric was not needed and actually prevented Internet connectivity for USB tethering. think those instructions were for use of Pre as a MiFi WiFi access point.
    I found that I couldn't use Windows 7's built-in driver to get it working; had to use the 64-bit driver. Now at least USB tethering is working.

I decided, though, to support the developer and donate for access to the new version, since his program is saving me cash as I don't have to buy an EVDO card for my laptop.

The "Disable Screen Timer" is worth the cash in itself, IMO.
    Cool soon as WiFi is up again i will will run the installer i have and get the new one thanks guys...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    domingan, just wait until they get the wifi part working do the whole thing in one step. It will be much easier for you based on your situation. When you get the pay version, there is a specific forum for people that made the donation on his website. I use a Mac and it is a dirt simple install. Most windows users seem to figure it out. The install process refers to his stored version. When an update comes out, you do the same install and it grabs the latest update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    I am pretty sure he mentioned something about a month ago. I can tell you that i didnt have that issue any of the times i installed mytether on my fresh doctored/new pre durint 1.2.x phase. i doubt it was my tether causing the problem. Unless it was the hacked installer people used that was made by jason. that one completely replaced a new wifi driver with an old one i can see that causing a problem. I will send Aonic an email with your concerns.
    I am so glad you have direct contact with him. Maybe you can explain why:
    1. he hasn't addressed this issue in spite of many posts both on Precentral and on his own donors only site. In fact, he didn't post at all for weeks and weeks on his own website.
    2. Both Rod Whitby and Jason, two experienced developers, expressed concern about where and how My Tether is installed.
    3. Just because a lot of people didn't have the problem who installed the app doesn't mean it isn't causing the problem in many others; it is. This is clear because of the many posts by people who had no problem with re-updating until they installed My Tether...and it was the only app on their device.

I love the program, I appreciate his efforts and creativity in developing it, and I "donated" as well. But his unresponsiveness to this issue is extremely irritating to those of us with this problem.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Last edited by aonic; 09/04/2009 at 01:52 PM.

Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    This is why AONIC (developer of MyTether) has been MIA for the past 5 weeks... People are stealing the paid version of his application, and I'm sure he got sick and tired of all the STUPID people asking the same question on his forum without reading.

Now that we actually NEED him (due to the WebOS update) we can all bow down to him and ask for forgiveness.... I pray we are forgiven, as he's probably laughing at all you pirates now!
    And you know that for a fact? People only "stole" the "donated" app after he disappeared and stopped providing support. Now he has reappeared on the donor site and is working on an update....but still hasn't addressed the multiple questions regarding the installation process, those that have paid and not received access, etc.

The mature and business-like thing to do is simply address the issues that arise. If he wants out of the process, fine, just tell everybody...but don't hide and refuse to participate when problems arise....especially when you're still selling the product.
    I already paid the 15 and now it does not work after the latest WebOS update, i there a new version?
    *facepalm*

CAN YOU PEOPLE READ BEFORE POSTING?!

Who cares if you donated! It's not fixed yet!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    You don't need to "root" the pre to install mytether. If you purchase mytether, you get access to an .exe installer that will install mytether for you on the Pre. The installer requires the latest .net installed on your pc and the Pre in dev mode. There is also a linux command line script method to install mytether. The easiest way to install the script via command line is to simply use the webos quick install (woqi) app. In woqi. select tools > linux command and enter the script. Alternatively and finally, you could just install the terminal app via preware and then access the linux command shell on the pre itself...
    +1

Downloaded the terminal on preware ran the command line from the email from when I donated. usb tether works. im on 1.3 by the way.. THANK YOU !!!!