Page 163 of 217 FirstFirst ... 63113153158159160161162163164165166167168173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4339
  1. #3241  
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Jack, can you help me out here? ...
    I don't think that has bluetooth so best method would be via usb. My Tether : Tethering for Palm Pre - turn your Palm Pre into 3G WiFi router! explains how to install usb driver for vista same procedure should work for 7. I am going to do a bit of research i think someone posted their experience with 7 few pages back look forward to an edit to this post.

    Update Here is mscemt experince with windows 7 and mytether usb method. the on illustrated on mytether.net for vista should work to. let us know what you end up doing

    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    I recently upgraded to windows 7 and found I had to reinstall the drivers to enable my tether. Unfortunately I couldn't find any comprehensive guides dealing with windows 7, so I figure I'd post how I got it up and running.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    This is a guide for installing My Tether on windows 7. Make sure your Pre has USB Tethering enabled.

    1. Connect your pre to your computer via USB cable. Go to "Start Menu", "Control Panel", select "Hardware and Sound", followed by "Device and Printers"

    2. Right click on "Pre", select "properties". On the upper tab select "Hardware", followed by "Properties", "Change Settings", "update driver".

    3. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer." Then select "Have Disk." Select "Browse" and then find the location for "usbnet-pre.inf"

    4. At this point I restarted my PC and set up the internet connection under Network and Sharing center. Worked like a charm.

    You can download the driver "usbnet-pre.inf" from this site USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals

    Note: At multiple points during this process windows will notify you of security risks of unauthorized drivers. Just click continue anyway.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Quote Originally Posted by gilfishdadpalmpre View Post
    Thanks to Jack and Aonic!
    For anyone who is interested the support is terrific. These guys care about the App and it was worth the 15 bucks. I would be happy to learn any school from these guys! Appreciate you much.

    The fix that worked for me was running the command line installer once terminal connection in with novacom.
    for those wondering the command line procedure is explained in donor forum.

    glad it worked out
    Last edited by jack87; 11/15/2009 at 01:12 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2. #3242  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Hey all, thank you Jack for answering questions while I was working on the fix!

    Just spent the last 14 hours working on trying to fix My Tether on WebOS 1.3.1. Not all is bad, don't panic.

    I was able to fix USB and Bluetooth tethering, but WiFi tethering is still not fixed in WebOS 1.3.1, I strongly suggest using WebOS 1.2.x if you need WiFi tethering. If you already updated to 1.3.1, you can try running WebOS Doctor.

    As Jack mentioned above, just re-run the installer(s) and it will update your My Tether to the latest fixed versions. (donors check this thread)

    Once everything is a bit more settled down I will make updates to the 1.5.x version of My Tether as well.
    Aonic, you're my hero! I'm going to do long haul trucking for about a year (give or take) in an effort to save enough money to start my own restaurant in Seattle. Having MyTether with me will really help me stay in touch with the world (and especially finances) without breaking my bank to buy WiFi everytime I need it.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
  3. #3243  
    Jack, Aonic hasn't said anything about a possible connection of his 2.0x installer with the 1.21 perpetual install problem. Before we install again, can we find out if the installer will again cause this problem with 1.31? As I understand it, the installer places the MyTether service in the root partition. Is there any chance Aonic could make the new installer put the tether service in a better place?
  4. #3244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Jack, Aonic hasn't said anything about a possible connection of his 2.0x installer with the 1.21 perpetual install problem. Before we install again, can we find out if the installer will again cause this problem with 1.31? As I understand it, the installer places the MyTether service in the root partition. Is there any chance Aonic could make the new installer put the tether service in a better place?
    I am pretty sure he mentioned something about a month ago. I can tell you that i didnt have that issue any of the times i installed mytether on my fresh doctored/new pre durint 1.2.x phase. i doubt it was my tether causing the problem. Unless it was the hacked installer people used that was made by jason. that one completely replaced a new wifi driver with an old one i can see that causing a problem. I will send Aonic an email with your concerns.
    MatterOfFactJack
  5. #3245  
    Thanks.

    It's still unclear what exactly triggers the UpdateDaemon, but according to the big unending 1.21 install thread, Chuq has said that it's caused by software that installs files to the root partition.

    I didn't use Jason's installer, but Aonic's. And it's been verified that his installer puts the MyTether service into the root partition.
  6. #3246  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    Thanks.

    It's still unclear what exactly triggers the UpdateDaemon, but according to the big unending 1.21 install thread, Chuq has said that it's caused by software that installs files to the root partition.

    I didn't use Jason's installer, but Aonic's. And it's been verified that his installer puts the MyTether service into the root partition.
    He will take a look at it after all is up and running
    MatterOfFactJack
  7. #3247  
    I have installed 1.31 and then tried to remove MyTether which It came up with an error in the ipkg log. I then tried to reinstall and could not find in Preware again, is it still there??? Or are we waiting for a new version in Preware??? Please Help??
  8. #3248  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    I have installed 1.31 and then tried to remove MyTether which It came up with an error in the ipkg log. I then tried to reinstall and could not find in Preware again, is it still there??? Or are we waiting for a new version in Preware??? Please Help??
    has nothing to do with preware
    MatterOfFactJack
  9. #3249  
    does the free version work yet?
  10. #3250  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    has nothing to do with preware
    How can I remove files completely from phone, and reinstall??? Can I do through a terminal program?? Any help would be appreciated....
  11. #3251  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    How can I remove files completely from phone, and reinstall??? Can I do through a terminal program?? Any help would be appreciated....
    just run aonic's installer it will take care of all of that for you either the mac installer/windows/command line. note that this is all for the donor version. aonic wont touch the free version until he has confirmed he has it working 100%. so far very promising
    MatterOfFactJack
  12. #3252  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    just run aonic's installer it will take care of all of that for you either the mac installer/windows/command line. note that this is all for the donor version. aonic wont touch the free version until he has confirmed he has it working 100%. so far very promising
    What is Aonic's code line installer, couldn't find it on here?? Probably overlooked it somewhere.. Thanks again for your help....
  13. #3253  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    What is Aonic's code line installer, couldn't find it on here?? Probably overlooked it somewhere.. Thanks again for your help....
    the OP has it for the free version which is not working right now for 1.3.1 should be fine for 1.2.1. the donor forum has the usb/bt working version for 1.3.1
    MatterOfFactJack
  14. #3254  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    the OP has it for the free version which is not working right now for 1.3.1 should be fine for 1.2.1. the donor forum has the usb/bt working version for 1.3.1
    What can I type in to my terminal program to uninstall all of my tether program files, to start fresh awaiting for new version???? Is it something like ( unmount/ remove mytether)?
  15. #3255  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    What can I type in to my terminal program to uninstall all of my tether program files, to start fresh awaiting for new version???? Is it something like ( unmount/ remove mytether)?
    lol dont sweat it my friend when you install the new version it will take care of all of that for you. it is all included in the installer script that runs it will remove old version and "start" fresh when it does it
    MatterOfFactJack
  16. #3256  
    k great, one more question my wifi doesn't seem to be working after removal of my tether any thoughts?? keeps searching for wifi, but never finding??
  17. #3257  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    k great, one more question my wifi doesn't seem to be working after removal of my tether any thoughts?? keeps searching for wifi, but never finding??
    i dont think it is mytether related... but try a reboot see if that settles things. good luck.
    MatterOfFactJack
  18. #3258  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    k great, one more question my wifi doesn't seem to be working after removal of my tether any thoughts?? keeps searching for wifi, but never finding??
    If that happens, it means that the 1.3.1 version of the wifi driver was somehow replaced by an older version, which no longer works. You'll need to restore it.

    Auzo provided a link to the file in his post. Here are some instructions on how to replace the file. There are other methods, but this is the one I used.
  19. #3259  
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    If that happens, it means that the 1.3.1 version of the wifi driver was somehow replaced by an older version, which no longer works. You'll need to restore it.

    Auzo provided a link to the file in his post. Here are some instructions on how to replace the file. There are other methods, but this is the one I used.
    Only thing i can think of that would cause that is instalation of mytether using jason's unsupported installer or preware which is also jason's installer... or fallowing the instuctions in a different thread that talks about replacing wifi driver

    i did mention a few times it would be dangrous to do any of those install methods and was not recommended. that is why. good luck.

    Aonic's Donor version of mytether does not replace wifi driver and does not risk breaking your wifi from updates.

    but you can still use the free version fallowing instructions on the OP to install free mytether usb/bt tethering on a 1.2.1 webos phone
    Last edited by jack87; 11/15/2009 at 05:35 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  20. #3260  
    Quote Originally Posted by haderach View Post
    If that happens, it means that the 1.3.1 version of the wifi driver was somehow replaced by an older version, which no longer works. You'll need to restore it.

    Auzo provided a link to the file in his post. Here are some instructions on how to replace the file. There are other methods, but this is the one I used.
    Tried to get the first method downloaded and I can't open that type of file. The second method wouldn't work either, I did the commands on the terminal program on my pre ,seemed like all worked except when I entered the last command??? Any help with the new driver link, since I used Jasons post link to revert back to mytether 1.5 and it bricked my wifi. Thanks....

Posting Permissions