Page 162 of 217 FirstFirst ... 62112152157158159160161162163164165166167172212 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 4339
  1. #3221  
    ready set....RUN installer. Donors only for now.

    USB/BT tethering
    more about it here... http://themxweb.com/2009/11/15/webos...ther/#more-381
    Last edited by jack87; 11/15/2009 at 02:22 AM.
    MatterOfFactJack
  2.    #3222  
    Hey all, thank you Jack for answering questions while I was working on the fix!

    Just spent the last 14 hours working on trying to fix My Tether on WebOS 1.3.1. Not all is bad, don't panic.

    I was able to fix USB and Bluetooth tethering, but WiFi tethering is still not fixed in WebOS 1.3.1, I strongly suggest using WebOS 1.2.x if you need WiFi tethering. If you already updated to 1.3.1, you can try running WebOS Doctor.

    As Jack mentioned above, just re-run the installer(s) and it will update your My Tether to the latest fixed versions. (donors check this thread)

    Once everything is a bit more settled down I will make updates to the 1.5.x version of My Tether as well.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  3. #3223  
    So...is the free version going to see a fix?

    Edit: nevermind. I guess 1.5.x is the free version. Sorry.
    Follow me on Twitter---www.twitter.com/DJScootR
  4. #3224  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJScootR View Post
    So...is the free version going to see a fix?
    See above:

    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Once everything is a bit more settled down I will make updates to the 1.5.x version of My Tether as well.
  5. #3225  
    so by wifi still isn't working do you mean it will not work with 1.3.e ever? Its the only thing keeping me @ 1.2...
  6. #3226  
    In his donor forum he says he's going to try some more stuff tomorrow.
  7. #3227  
    Big thanks to aonic for his hard work. USB tethering definately working now
  8. #3228  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Hey all, thank you Jack for answering questions while I was working on the fix!

    Just spent the last 14 hours working on trying to fix My Tether on WebOS 1.3.1. Not all is bad, don't panic.

    I was able to fix USB and Bluetooth tethering, but WiFi tethering is still not fixed in WebOS 1.3.1, I strongly suggest using WebOS 1.2.x if you need WiFi tethering. If you already updated to 1.3.1, you can try running WebOS Doctor.

    As Jack mentioned above, just re-run the installer(s) and it will update your My Tether to the latest fixed versions. (donors check this thread)

    Once everything is a bit more settled down I will make updates to the 1.5.x version of My Tether as well.
    Thanks Bud Hey i know a lot of people keep asking stupid stuff but stop in say hi from time to time we all was in a panic for a bit... keep up the good work and also thanks Jack for letting us know... I would almost give you a hug for this app but a pat on the back and a hand shake will have to do :P thanks again...
  9. #3229  
    cant wait till the free version is back up and runnin.. wifi and all..
  10. #3230  
    Quote Originally Posted by larue708 View Post
    Big thanks to aonic for his hard work. USB tethering definately working now
    Definitely can't get it to work...

    People keep saying that USB tethering is working but I can't get it to work at all! I tried re-installing MyTether and it still will not work. On 1.2.1 when you hit "on" in USB Tether, it would wait a little bit before enabling (felt like it did something in the background), but with 1.3.1 when you hit "on" it just toggles on and off without any pause ever, like it's not doing anything.
  11. #3231  
    Okay, I am ready to donate, but need some help...


    First of all, after I donate, all I need to do is download whatever installer is provided to me, right?...Can I download it to my phone and then transfer the file to my computer for installation, or will I not be able to complete it like that?...

    Also, I have 1.3.1 update...will MyTether work on it this software, minus the Wi-fi part?...if so, then I can live with that...
  12. #3232  
    Just posting to get the latest word. Hopefully wifi gets fixed today.
  13. kd0axs's Avatar
    Posts
    282 Posts
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    #3233  
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Okay, I am ready to donate, but need some help...


    First of all, after I donate, all I need to do is download whatever installer is provided to me, right?...Can I download it to my phone and then transfer the file to my computer for installation, or will I not be able to complete it like that?...

    Also, I have 1.3.1 update...will MyTether work on it this software, minus the Wi-fi part?...if so, then I can live with that...
    It will work over USB or Bluetooth. I'm using it over BT right now. (Hopefully aonic will get wifi working again soon)

    Yes, you can download the installer to your Pre, then connect to your computer in USB Drive mode. It will be in the 'Downloads" folder, just drag it on to your desktop and run it. I just had to do it this way because I am without another internet connection right now.

    EDIT: Almost forgot, make sure you have your Pre in developer mode also.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 11/15/2009 at 10:35 AM.
  14. #3234  
    Great to hear there is a partial fix! I can live with USB if I have to... It's better than nothing!

    Hope to see WiFi again, but it sounds like Palm/Sprint worked really hard on killling this feature. I have a feeling we'll be going through this carp every update. Hahaha
  15. #3235  
    From mytether.net just moments ago:

    aonic Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > the version thats up right now fixes USB/BT.
    > I've found a solution for WiFi, making it into an
    > installer now

    a2k Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > Did I hear correctly?! WiFi now working with
    > 1.3.1?!!!


    Looks like aonic's compiling the installer right now!
  16. #3236  
    rerun the original installer? - did not work for me? new installer for donors? where, since you got it to work my assumption is that the installer was updated, the installer I see for the mac is dated August 4, 2009 as well?
  17. #3237  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    It will work over USB or Bluetooth. I'm using it over BT right now. (Hopefully aonic will get wifi working again soon)

    Yes, you can download the installer to your Pre, then connect to your computer in USB Drive mode. It will be in the 'Downloads" folder, just drag it on to your desktop and run it. I just had to do it this way because I am without another internet connection right now.

    EDIT: Almost forgot, make sure you have your Pre in developer mode also.
    Thanks alot...I now have MyTether installed and running, with the USB mode on...


    Um...one more EXTREMELY noob-ish question...


    How do I tether?...lol...I have an Acer Aspire netbook with Windows 7 running...and have NO IDEA what options or procedures I have to go through to make this thing work...thanks in advance to anyone who can help me...
  18. #3238  
    There is no new installer. the same installer you used before... so pre in dev mode connect via usb and run installer. the way it works is the installer connects to aonic's server and downloads the newest update right on the pre. your computer doesn't even need Internet access to do it. It's a really cool set up

    Here is an article i posted that explains my experince with the new fix toward the end Here
    MatterOfFactJack
  19. #3239  
    Jack, can you help me out here? ...
  20. #3240  
    Thanks to Jack and Aonic!
    For anyone who is interested the support is terrific. These guys care about the App and it was worth the 15 bucks. I would be happy to learn any school from these guys! Appreciate you much.

    The fix that worked for me was running the command line installer once terminal connection in with novacom.

Posting Permissions