Page 161 of 217 FirstFirst ... 61111151156157158159160161162163164165166171211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4339
    This was posted a few hours ago on Twitter:

"Heard that WebOS 1.3.x broke My Tether. I'm looking into it, dont update if you can wait."
    Don't update to 1.3.1!!!
    Aw crap! Now I have to run the doctor and go back to 1.2.1. *****!
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    Aw crap! Now I have to run the doctor and go back to 1.2.1. *****!
    i know aonic is working on a fix... so if you can wait through today and see if he has any progressive you can avoid running the dr. but if you need it right away then yes sorry.
    MatterOfFactJack
    ok all i had a theory... and part of my theory has been proven correct so if that part is right then i think this fix will be done really shortly. i just let aonic know about it. as soon as we do some testing i will let others know.. trying to avoid confusion otherwise i would explain more

just know there is hope
    Last edited by jack87; 11/14/2009 at 04:07 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by isosunrise View Post
    cool. what is the command line to reverse it? i know nothing about code.
    Uhhh... serious?

If your not joking, then I guess I'll help, if you are, I apologize since tone doesn't translate well in forums...

Look at the second part of his post. You see the part you quoted, look one line below that (give or take). That shows you how to reverse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsailormoon View Post
    Nope, we know for a fact that it was our pre's wifi that we were seeing. We would enable My Tether... and the wifi points would show up... disable My Tether, the wifi points would go away.

I also did do the Vista instruction steps to find the usbnet driver for the pre on my lap top. It was on my Vista Laptop that we were seeing these wifi points.

I do have a question though, you said that WiFi Tethering should not work for the FREE Version.... does that mean that I can buy the 'Donated' Version... and the WiFi Tethering can work? I might just want to do that.
    WiFi tethering works for both. There is a fix for the free version posted on here somewhere. Just run a couple commands and bing bang boom, you're up and running.
    Hope it works out, was planning on using this in a week for a trip to visit family.
    jack, appreciate your post. like jhoff80 my plan was to travel, the only time i use tethering. I should have known better than to mash the upgrade button. I purchased the MyTethering which is the only piece of software I have purchased in years. Used to have a Motorola Q and a cheaper plan and the tethering was not a problem. Upgrading to the Pre has caused me great difficulty because I needed tethering. Sprint is behaving foolishly and dragging down Palm in my humble opinion.
    Just for clarification please, is there a way to enable My Tethering after upgrading to 1.3.1? Is Wifi disabled if an attempt was made at tethering? Where can I find the procedure for a rollback?
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_trail View Post
    Uhhh... serious?

If your not joking, then I guess I'll help, if you are, I apologize since tone doesn't translate well in forums...

Look at the second part of his post. You see the part you quoted, look one line below that (give or take). That shows you how to reverse it.
    I added the second half after he asked the question
    Quote Originally Posted by tj_trail View Post
    WiFi tethering works for both. There is a fix for the free version posted on here somewhere. Just run a couple commands and bing bang boom, you're up and running.
    that version will not work with web os 1.3.1 but it will with 1.2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hope it works out, was planning on using this in a week for a trip to visit family.
    as a heads up we got usb/bt tethering working for the most part.. aonic is about to tackle the wifi half..so hopefully by the end of the night there will be something
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Awesome I hope he can get it going so my paid version will work without having to go back to 1.2.1. Keep up the good work Aonic
    Thanks Jack, usb would keep me from the rollback, have downloaded sprint 1.2.1 webOSdoctor. Maybe that wont be necessary.

FYI for anyone looking to rollback:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...sprint_en.html

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...arrier_en.html

I noticed I had bluetooth PAN but no internet connectivity. Is there a config on the phone to change? Apologize for my ignorance, appreciative for any enlightenment!
    Last edited by gilfishdadpalmpre; 11/14/2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: add links, ask additional question
    Quote Originally Posted by gilfishdadpalmpre View Post
    Thanks Jack, usb would keep me from the rollback, have downloaded sprint 1.2.1 webOSdoctor. Maybe that wont be necessary.

FYI for anyone looking to rollback:
    Palm - Download - webOS Doctor - Sprint

Palm - webOS Doctor - FAQs

I noticed I had bluetooth PAN but no internet connectivity. Is there a config on the phone to change? Apologize for my ignorance, appreciative for any enlightenment!
    At the moment the curent version of my tether will not work with Bluetooth pan or usb net. as soon as he relieases what he is working on then you shouldnt need to change any configuration just connect to your pan and enable usb tethering. i will ask and see if he is willing to release the partial fix for the evening i know he is a perfectionist lol and is hard at work on wifi tethering
    MatterOfFactJack
    Appreciate your efforts and the information.
    SOOOO upset right now... I was happy that the patches still worked I wanted to hop online and BAM!!! mytether didn't work... I was in all tears, all my downloads gone yet again... I hate having to doctor my pre, its like total carnage... hopefully we'll see it fixed soon, i've donated and have 1.5 mytether :-(
    stay in touch with the hip hop community @http://www.twitter.com/moon_man_e
    While aonic is working on it, could he have the service setup to install via ipkg -o /var this time just like the application does? Not only would it allow the service and app to be installed by webOS Quick Install or palm-install but then they could definitively be ruled out as the causes if there's any constant re-update issue in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    At the moment the curent version of my tether will not work with Bluetooth pan or usb net. as soon as he relieases what he is working on then you shouldnt need to change any configuration just connect to your pan and enable usb tethering. i will ask and see if he is willing to release the partial fix for the evening i know he is a perfectionist lol and is hard at work on wifi tethering
    I'll be happy if even temp is out tomorrow; have 6+ hours of train time monday (and use on train once a month or so is why I bought the app...)
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    We would be very grateful for a working app.
    Thanks jack for letting us know what was going on... and thanks aonic for the work... i have the paid ver. donated a while back once the update is ready will i just run the exe installer again? or will i need to log in to the doner section and re download something?