Page 16 of 217 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
    Thanks Aonic! I will be donating!

I have a quick question. Everything is working fine, but when I use wifi it seems to disconnect when the backlight turns off. Is anyone else having this problem?
    I read earlier in the thread and realized that I had missed some post by others who have this problem. After some trials I find that the wifi connection only cuts out about half of the times that the device backlight turns off.
    Ok this is probaly a silly question but how do you change the icon on an app already on the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonVisc View Post
    Just started following this thread. I have to say, GREAT work aonic.

I noticed some people want this thing like other setting apps. I made a icon that anyone is free to use. Probably not the best icon, but its different than the developer mode icon.

Once again thanks aonic. If you want to use this icon as default in the program be my guest. :-)
    Okay this might be a silly question but how do you change the icon for the app on the Pre already? Sorry for the double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Okay this might be a silly question but how do you change the icon for the app on the Pre already? Sorry for the double post.
    Copy the .png onto your Pre and, via SSH, replace the existing icon file with the new one... e.g.:

Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    sudo mv /media/internal/icon.png /usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/icon.png
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /
    Thank you! I went ahead and rooted my pre just for this appliciation and boy is it worth it, thank you so much for working hard on this. I had the wifi and the USB working perfectly in no time at all!
    Great app aonic! Thank you!

One question... any reason why it installs to /usr/palm/applications vs /var/usr/palm/applications? The former seems to be reserved by Palm for "built-in" apps, whereas the former is where apps installed via the Catalog are placed. Is it because I installed the app via ipkg rather than dragging and dropping the .ipk onto palm-install.bat? Would that have made a difference? And can I move the folder structure over to the /var/usr/[..] path without breaking it?

Thanks again!
    Amazing app! Can't believe this came out so quickly. As the article on the homepage says, Palm should be dropping webOS 1.1 on us within the next 30 days. If this app still functions (or if you're still keeping it current to work around any changes made during the update) then I PROMISE to donate $20 to you. You can hold me to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonVisc View Post
    Just started following this thread. I have to say, GREAT work aonic.

I noticed some people want this thing like other setting apps. I made a icon that anyone is free to use. Probably not the best icon, but its different than the developer mode icon.

Once again thanks aonic. If you want to use this icon as default in the program be my guest. :-)
    That looks really good. Better then my simple icons.

Here are the icons I am using for the tether, they have a pirate theme (since some people think we are pirating evdo??? lol which I love BTW, another thanks aonic) with the web icon as the skull, cross swords came from google images.
    I dont know if any of you will like them (I know their silly, and un impressive), but hey they're just for fun, besides I am sure aonic will make his own killer icon.
    I'm unsure which one I like the most, they all look pretty good on the pre, I am still going through them trying to decide which one to use.

Last edited by OpenBGP; 07/09/2009 at 11:37 PM.
    Thanks alot....this made things neat and easy!!!!
    600p > 650p > 700p > PRE
    Wow this is great !!!! I have no experience programing.

Rooted my phone and installed via root

Very easy and works great

Thanks !!!
    Any word on password protecting the Wifi tethering? Also it may be an idea if users could set the network name because there will be crappy effects when multiple Pre users are in the same room using this app probably

Finally: I'm kind of a graphics guy so Aonic if you need some imagery done to make this app look sexy please do drop me a PM! Also, hope you got my donation!
    When I have my pre plugged into my laptop via USB and the tether is OFF

I don't get internet. When I unplug it my internet comes back.

Under network is says i am connected to a "local only" network but

The tethering is OFF.

Not a dig deal but is there a fix for this ?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Awesome App. Thank you so much. I am using USB tethering and the latest software works brilliantly. I'm actually using my laptop with my phone as the internet gateway to type this message. I just ran a speed test and got 2003kbps down and 258kbps up. That is phenomenal speed and will come in handy whenever i'm traveling and the local airport or hotel doesn't have free internet.
    also , there is no reason to delete this app , but if one wanted to , how do you delete it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by itakexrays View Post
    also , there is no reason to delete this app , but if one wanted to , how do you delete it ?
    I was wondering the same thing...

It would be nice to have some instructions on how to remove the app and webosinternals if possible. Ya know, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by onexistence View Post
    Copy the .png onto your Pre and, via SSH, replace the existing icon file with the new one... e.g.:

Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    sudo mv /media/internal/icon.png /usr/palm/applications/net.aonic.my-tether/icon.png
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /
    mine some how installed in the var/usr/palm/applications folder. did i miss something?
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrdavis4 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...

It would be nice to have some instructions on how to remove the app and webosinternals if possible. Ya know, just in case.

mount -o remount rw, /

ipkg remove net.aonic.my-tether_1.2.1_all.ipk

ipkg remove org.webosinternals.services-0.4_all.ipk

mount -o remount ro, /

/usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onexistence View Post
    Great app aonic! Thank you!

One question... any reason why it installs to /usr/palm/applications vs /var/usr/palm/applications? The former seems to be reserved by Palm for "built-in" apps, whereas the former is where apps installed via the Catalog are placed. Is it because I installed the app via ipkg rather than dragging and dropping the .ipk onto palm-install.bat? Would that have made a difference? And can I move the folder structure over to the /var/usr/[..] path without breaking it?

Thanks again!
    i wonder what place is safer to survive palm upgrades. would seem /var/usr/palm/app* is safer than /usr/palm/app*.....
    aonic, is it possible to have both install methods use the same landing zone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Thanks!