Page 158 of 217 FirstFirst ... 58108148153154155156157158159160161162163168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    1.2.1 is a webOS version, not a MyTether version.

MyTether (free) just overwrites the new Palm driver with the old one, from what I understand.
    sorry i screwed up my version number. the thing here is the free version doesn't do anything with the wifi driver one way or another. unless you are talking about the hacked version thats been floating around that one does replace the new driver
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    sorry i screwed up my version number. the thing here is the free version doesn't do anything with the wifi driver one way or another. unless you are talking about the hacked version thats been floating around that one does replace the new driver
    Yeah, that's what I was talking about.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    Sent to All you guys

I never got it sent to me?????
    darrinv8@yahoo.com THANX!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Awesome....just got it!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    For anyone having problems with USBNet, I feel ya. Took me a while to get it too. Here's how it has been explained, and what I did, step by step. BTW, I'm running XP 32 bit.
    1) Go To USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
    2) Under the "On Windows XP," right click on the driver link, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system, and select "Save Target As."
    3) Save the file as usbnet-pre.inf
    4) Connect your pre to your computer via usb.
    5) Install the driver (if you don't know how, follow instructions at Windows XP usbnet - GumstixDocsWiki

Sidenote: In these instructions it mentions gumstix, which has confused many people, myself included. Just ignore that. You will find the linux.inf file (usbnet-pre.inf) where you saved it to.

6) From there, just finish the installation as illustrated, then finish following these steps from the first site:

- When you finish, you should have a network setup. Goto "Network Connections" via Network Places or the Control Panel
    - If you have previously installed Novacom on this machine, bring up Windows Task Manager before proceeding. You may find discover a conflict between USBnet and novacomd where the novacomd process will consume lots of CPU and your machine will become very unresponsive. Since you have Task Manager up already, you can easily use it to kill novacomd if this occurs.
    - Right-click on the new network, which probably be named Local Area Connection 2
    - Select Properties
    - Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    - Click Advanced
    - UNCheck Automatic metric, put 100 in its place. This will keep Windows from attempting to route traffic over the Pre (it won't work anyway)
    - Click OK
    - If you did not enable DHCP, you will need to set an IP address manually:

BTW: I did not have any conflict between USBnet and novacomd, so I would suggest skipping that step unless you have a problem.

I hope this works for those trying to figure it out. When I look at it now, it seems obvious, but hopefully this will help someone who was stuck like I was.
    You rock. Thanks for spelling it all out for me!
    I am now able to tether via USB thanks to Morrison's post above. However, I am still trying to connect via Wifi. I tried installing the idk file that Jason posted in his zip file, but have not gotten anywhere with it.

Here is what I have done:
    I originally installed MyTether via "rooting" with these commands in my command prompt:
    novacom -t open tty://
    wget -qO-......../bin/sh

I then uninstalled MyTether with the orange button and a click on the app. I reset my Pre and tried installing from the ipk in Jason's zip file with WOSQI. This didn't give me any error messages, but nothing showed up on my Pre. I reset both my computer and the Pre, I double checked everything and tried again at least 5 times. Still... nothing. It didn't even show up on Device Management. So then, I started to wonder if this zip file that Jason posted wasn't just a patch of sorts that assumed we already had MyTether installed (correct? or no?). So, I reinstalled it via the rooting method again and was able to get the app back on the phone. Then I tried installing Jason's ipk file in the zip file, I have no idea if that was successful or not, but I still do not have it working. It appears to have enabled wifi tethering according to my Pre, but nothing shows up on my computer. My Pre says:
    Enabling WiFi tethering...
    Enabling Ad-Hoc WiFi
    Network:AoNet
    Tethering ON

Please help, I don't know what to do from here.
    Hey Cuthroat, could you please email me with the instructions as well?
    tj_trail@hotmail.com

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbelleh View Post
    Can you point me to the link for the mac installer. Thanks.
    http://www.precentral.net/sites/prec...ickInstall.jar

See post #3023 to see how I did it.
    i paid for the app and when running the installer i encountered this message. any advice?

kill: 44: operation not permitted
    kill: 4637: no such process
    Quote Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
    This is from drmrsanta on the mytether.net donor forum. It worked for me on my Snow Leopard iMac:

To everyone getting the error "kill: #: Operation not permitted kill: #: No such process" number 1015"

Click Edit (may have to click twice for it to open)

Find the line that says: do shell script "ps aux | grep novacomd | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill"

Remove the | xargs kill, so that the line reads: do shell script "ps aux | grep novacomd | awk '{print $2}'"

Click the button on top that says "Run"

I'm assuming all of you getting the error are running Snow Leopard, and for whatever reason, xargs is not already running, and cannot be killed.

There is a Mac installer and a Windows installer.

i followed these instructions and i received the following message:

AppleScript Error

sh: line 0: kill: (5100) - No such process

________

what now?
    Cuthroat can you send it to me as well ayoo456@aim.com
    thanks
    Will I be able to do all of this (the installation of MyTether) using a computer that has no internet connection?...
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Will I be able to do all of this (the installation of MyTether) using a computer that has no internet connection?...
    no....you have to use a pc with internet......what you can do is just download the mytether file on another pc(a friend's) and move the file to ur pc with a flash drive and load it on ur pre with webOs quick install....

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I am stuck, my brother is stuck. We are both going on a trip and are wanting to use my tether to allow us to get work done on our laptops during this trip.

We both installed, rooted, etc My Tether to our Pre's.

We both have wireless access points coming up on our Wireless Networks, I found out my pre is 4GBNU and his is another letter combo.

HOWEVER! When we try to connect to these networks, on our vista lap tops thru wifi or usb... it asks for a 'NETWORK SECURITY KEY' or 'PASSPHRASE' to connect to our pre's.

?!?!?!?!?! What is the Network key or Passphrase?. We tried 'admin' like suggested earlier in the thread... but that doesn't work.

Please! Someone help us in figuring out, what is this Security Key or Passphrase!
    will this thing still work with 1.3.1?
    well i am installing 1.3.1 not giving me a damn choice we will see i guess lol
    Not having luck with 1.3.1 right now...
    Quote Originally Posted by hsailormoon View Post
    I am stuck, my brother is stuck. We are both going on a trip and are wanting to use my tether to allow us to get work done on our laptops during this trip.

We both installed, rooted, etc My Tether to our Pre's.

We both have wireless access points coming up on our Wireless Networks, I found out my pre is 4GBNU and his is another letter combo.

HOWEVER! When we try to connect to these networks, on our vista lap tops thru wifi or usb... it asks for a 'NETWORK SECURITY KEY' or 'PASSPHRASE' to connect to our pre's.

?!?!?!?!?! What is the Network key or Passphrase?. We tried 'admin' like suggested earlier in the thread... but that doesn't work.

Please! Someone help us in figuring out, what is this Security Key or Passphrase!
    That doesnt sound right at all... i do not think it is your pre you guys are seeing. Wifi tethering does not work with the free mytether. atleast not the method you just mentioned. your best bet is usb tethering. go to mytether.net there is instructions for vista users on how to install usbnet driver for the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    well i am installing 1.3.1 not giving me a damn choice we will see i guess lol
    keep us posted.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Yeah, it's not working on 1.3.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, it's not working on 1.3.1.
    Confirmed here as well