Page 157 of 217 FirstFirst ... 57107147152153154155156157158159160161162167207 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    What are you guys asking to have sent to you? I went back 5 pages and I saw no specifics about what is being requested.

Is it a link to the paid application? if so, pass it along to me as well. [ drewp9@yahoo.com ] I would love to see if the paid version will let you configure the wifi LAN to whatever you want. like 192.168.3.0 instead of 192.168.1.0
    I have My Tether version I can not get to work either. I would love to pay for it, but no reply. Cuthroat are you able to hook me up ? difoote@bellsouth.net , thank you.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    cuthroat,

Please send me the link to myculito@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Apparently the Paid version of MyTether installs an older version of the Wifi driver on the Pre, in order to enable tethering over wifi. I'm worried about the potential for problems with subsequent webOS updates.

Another reason to pay for the app, I suppose. The dev can provide you with the proper updates if you've paid.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    FWIW, and for whoever cares, I have successfully, modified the My Tether Service so that it maps the eth0 interface to 192.168.3.0 instead of 192.168.1.0 I have also modified it so that DHCP is on by default.

This was causing a conflict with my host PC's wired interface that was connected to a Linksys router that's setup in Client Bridge mode.

Now I can SSH to my Pre over it's WiFi connection.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i have no option to "Save Target As" whats up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Please don't pirate the paid version of this. I really doubt everyone posting their emails in here has paid for the app. Just use the fixed free version that Jason packaged up.
    I think Cuthroat is sending people the email instructions... atleast that is what i am hoping he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    Apparently the Paid version of MyTether installs an older version of the Wifi driver on the Pre, in order to enable tethering over wifi. I'm worried about the potential for problems with subsequent webOS updates.

Another reason to pay for the app, I suppose. The dev can provide you with the proper updates if you've paid.
    The paid version does not downgrade and replace the wifi driver. however the modded free version i believe does indeed do just that.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    The paid version does not downgrade and replace the wifi driver. however the modded free version i believe does indeed do just that.
    Both version do actually. The only definitive change found between the new and old drivers was the old drivers were recompiled into the new ones, only removing ad-hoc support.

And in fact that one big thing Aonic has to answer for. The Marvell SD 8686 wifi drive is GPL software and he's violating that licensing hiding it in paid software (not to mention using it as a selling point to upgrade from free version since it stopped working in 1.2).

Checkout this thread for more info on the wifi driver changes that caused the free v1.5 to stop workin.
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 11/10/2009 at 01:45 PM.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    nvm i am all good....damn this 157 page thread. I wish the first post would have been updated.
    Last edited by JNMyer; 11/10/2009 at 03:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Both version do actually. The only definitive change found between the new and old drivers was the old drivers were recompiled into the new ones, only removing ad-hoc support.

And in fact that one big thing Aonic has to answer for. The Marvell SD 8686 wifi drive is GPL software and he's violating that licensing hiding it in paid software (not to mention using it as a selling point to upgrade from free version since it stopped working in 1.2).

Checkout this thread for more info on the wifi driver changes that caused the free v1.5 to stop workin.
    I don't quite understand this. Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but what's the big difference between Palm and Aonic with regard to this driver? Isn't Palm also making money using a GPL-licensed driver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I don't quite understand this. Forgive me if this is an ignorant question, but what's the big difference between Palm and Aonic with regard to this driver? Isn't Palm also making money using a GPL-licensed driver?
    Palm complies with the GPL license, Aonic doesn't. Feel free to check out Palm's Opensource page.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

To clarify further on the above, the paid version only temporarily uses the old Wifi driver, while you're tethering. The free version patched to work with 1.2.1, I believe just permanently overwrites the driver, though I could be wrong.
    So what would it take for Aonic to comply with the license?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    does Aonic still check this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax12 View Post
    does Aonic still check this thread?

Who knows what the hell is going on with that..

I was defending him for a while and so on but its been way to long...

I wonder if this will still work with 1.3.1 that is coming out soon... If not some one needs to start working on another app for this and people need to stop donating unless he is still sending out links has any one been able to get in touch with him at all?
    Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I have the donor version, and I have a mac. Then installer is written in .exe so I can't upload the mytether app via mac. What am I supposed to do? Is there a work around to this problem (please don't respond get a pc as a wisecrack?), I'm wondering is there a step I'm missing, or is the answer the ipk file going around, if so please send it to me at njinjinji2@yahoo.com, but any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunx View Post
    Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but if someone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I have the donor version, and I have a mac. Then installer is written in .exe so I can't upload the mytether app via mac. What am I supposed to do? Is there a work around to this problem (please don't respond get a pc as a wisecrack?), I'm wondering is there a step I'm missing, or is the answer the ipk file going around, if so please send it to me at njinjinji2@yahoo.com, but any and all help would be appreciated, thanks in advance...
    you downloaded the wrong installer log into the mytether donor forum and download the mac installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    To clarify further on the above, the paid version only temporarily uses the old Wifi driver, while you're tethering. The free version patched to work with 1.2.1, I believe just permanently overwrites the driver, though I could be wrong.
    1.2.1 does not replace the driver at all. it only uses it when needed (during wifi tethering) the "fix" described for the free version is what replaces the driver and is not recommended. considering a webos update can "brick" the pre requiring Dr. to fix it. just like any other kind of patching done wrong
    MatterOfFactJack
    1.2.1 does not replace the driver at all. it only uses it when needed (during wifi tethering) the "fix" described for the free version is what replaces the driver and is not recommended. considering a webos update can "brick" the pre requiring Dr. to fix it. just like any other kind of patching done wrong
    WebOS 1.2 only included a wifi driver with ad hoc disabled. The rest was the same from what I've been told. I've heard no instances of device issues, to date. And keep in mind MyTether paid version copies that driver over when tethering is in use.

you downloaded the wrong installer log into the mytether donor forum and download the mac installer.

1.2.1 is a webOS version, not a MyTether version.

MyTether (paid) service 1.0.4 uninstalls the built-in driver when you start tethering and installs the old webOS driver that included Ad-Hoc. When you stop tethering, it uninstalls the old driver and reinstalls the old one.

MyTether (free) just overwrites the new Palm driver with the old one, from what I understand.

Sorry if I didn't make my first post more clear, but I didn't want to give too many details of how it worked.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    can I install the free version with webOS quick install?? I can't get the sdk to install....if someone can help me install the sdk, that would be gr8.....if someone could look @ my thread "first time app delveper"

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    i cant seem to get my iphone to recognize it using the free version