Page 151 of 217 FirstFirst ... 51101141146147148149150151152153154155156161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4339
    I had the same issue with it not working - a restart made everything okay!
    Anyone know if my PS3 or XBox 360 would benefit from this?
    I may have spoke too soon. I can't get back on - it enables on the phone, it is picked up by my laptop, but when I open up IE or MSN messenger, it won't connect and says no connection available. I restarted both the phone and laptop but nothing changes. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by officer140 View Post
    Anyone know if my PS3 or XBox 360 would benefit from this?
    No.

Sprint will almost certainly either charge you or cancel your account if they noticed, and it would be WAY too laggy anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    btw, anyone know how to disable NAT or configure settings on the pre My Tether program? I'm trying to access the GUI on the pre ex: 192.168.0.202 but not letting me or shows up as blank.
    There is no NAT options for the pre or a gui set up page... NAT is not enabled all the ports should be open if you are in developer mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by nehunter View Post
    Alright, I'm so baffled. I've never ran into a problem hacking a phone before but I can't seem to get past this. I've read through all the valuable information in this forum trying to get 1.5 to work.

I've rooted my Pre successfully, installed webinternals and all that good stuff. MyTether shows up in my app list like it should. So, I go to click on MyTether, and start up wifi tethering. According to the app, everything is working fine. It says that it's enabled and working. However, I have a total of three computers in my house with wifi, and none of them are able to find 'AoNet.'

I don't get it. Everything has been done the correct way from what I see. I've tried resetting my Pre, tried it while it was in developer mode and not in developer mode. I've even tried opening up a webpage beforehand to make sure the data had kicked in. Still, nothing. Tell me what I'm missing here because this is simply driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
    Make sure the pre is on a charger and or screen remains on. if you still do not see aonet on any of the computer you might not have the service installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by junkstream View Post
    Well, it wasn't for me--or a lot of other people. Based on many of the posts on here and the My Tether site, at least 50% of the people have problems installing and using this.

I use a Mac, so it might be a little different for me. I spent at LEAST 8 hours reading forums and playing with my Pre including changing some of the code in the installer to get this to work. Even after all of that, I can only use My Tether via Bluetooth and not WiFi. That's absolutely fine with me and serves my purposes completely.

It's a great program that I would probably pay twice, if not three times, as much for. My complaint is that I paid money to someone that offered me zero support. Any help that I received came from other donors that had figured things out before me. I don't mind paying premium money for something like My Tether, but I think that it should work and that the guy that is profiting from it should be available for support. I emailed him directly and NEVER got a reply. Yes, I did email the email address that he posted earlier in this thread when he claimed someone else that couldn't reach him "must have sent it to the wrong address."

It's hard to not feel a bit bamboozled when you send someone money, try to get a hold of them for support, and never get a reply.

Long post, but in short: good program IF you get it to work. Absolutely no support from the vendor.
    Hum... thats odd. The Donor version is very simple and self explanitory. hook up pre via usb to pc with devmode enabled run mac installer hit install button and that is all there is to it...(Note it is a good idea to have palm sdk installed) now as for support there are many posts on the free forum as well as the donor forum that explain pretty much every scenario people have ran into with this app with support from aonic as well as myself. so you definitely had all the information at your disposal. Now i do not know what your problem you were running into but something tells me it had been already solved in the past. i dont want to sound like an as$ but the only thing that comes to mind is USER ERROR.

Now for wifi tethering make sure your screen stays on or your timer is disabled. using the option in the app it self... or what i do simplest and most reliable keep the pre charging while wifi tethering i generally keep it plugged in via usb on just charge mode. unless i am at home or in the car then it sits on touch stone.

Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    No.

Sprint will almost certainly either charge you or cancel your account if they noticed, and it would be WAY too laggy anyway.
    Indeed...Also i dont think either one of them support internet sharing via adhoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphemz View Post

I've been trying to get help on this issue since I first got the GO, and no one seems to care, even try to help.

Ive even asked Aonic, i guess hes in charge of mytehter, and posted on mytether.net and havent heard anything back from him.

To any other potential GO buyers... DONT BUY MY TETHER for use with the Go. Its doesnt work and you will waste your money like i did.
    I really do not think the go supports internet sharing via ad hoc so no it will not work with the go. atleast it doesnt work with my phat psp
    Last edited by jack87; 10/31/2009 at 12:27 PM.
    MatterOfFactJack
    I think Aonic deserves all the credit he's gotten for his app, but please, won't someone just post the link? I haven't got access to paypal, so I have no way to get it.
    Even if you don't want to post it here for everyone to see, can't you just send a link to my email?
    Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ******* here at all. The thing is, however, that there's a bunch of replies in the MyTether forums that keep saying that "Oh I haven't got access and it's been days and days," so even if I did have access to PayPal, I'd be extremely apprehensive to trying and donating.
    I donated for the app and received the link instantly. After that, I followed the instructions to install on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. However, the install continuously crashes. I've restarted my MBP and my Pre a couple times. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    Michael Manna
    Host, T4 Show
    www.T4Show.com
    Quote Originally Posted by t4show View Post
    I donated for the app and received the link instantly. After that, I followed the instructions to install on my MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard. However, the install continuously crashes. I've restarted my MBP and my Pre a couple times. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
    Are you sure that the installer even works with Macs? Perhaps I didn't read enough, but it seemed like Raja has been trying to get support for Macs, but it's not out yet. Am I correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevano View Post
    I think Aonic deserves all the credit he's gotten for his app, but please, won't someone just post the link? I haven't got access to paypal, so I have no way to get it.
    Even if you don't want to post it here for everyone to see, can't you just send a link to my email?
    Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ******* here at all. The thing is, however, that there's a bunch of replies in the MyTether forums that keep saying that "Oh I haven't got access and it's been days and days," so even if I did have access to PayPal, I'd be extremely apprehensive to trying and donating.
    Whats your email address?
    This is from drmrsanta on the mytether.net donor forum. It worked for me on my Snow Leopard iMac:

To everyone getting the error "kill: #: Operation not permitted kill: #: No such process" number 1015"

Click Edit (may have to click twice for it to open)

Find the line that says: do shell script "ps aux | grep novacomd | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill"

Remove the | xargs kill, so that the line reads: do shell script "ps aux | grep novacomd | awk '{print $2}'"

Click the button on top that says "Run"

I'm assuming all of you getting the error are running Snow Leopard, and for whatever reason, xargs is not already running, and cannot be killed.

Are you sure that the installer even works with Macs? Perhaps I didn't read enough, but it seemed like Raja has been trying to get support for Macs, but it's not out yet. Am I correct?
    There is a Mac installer and a Windows installer.
    I don't think there's an installer for the Mac.
    There is a thread in his forums for the Mac install method.
    Michael Manna
    Host, T4 Show
    www.T4Show.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    I don't think there's an installer for the Mac.
    yes there is.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Okay I didnt know
    Okay I didnt know
    lol sorry i realize that... i didnt mean to sound rude haha it was just a super quick reply is all
    MatterOfFactJack
    Hey No worries man.
    Whats your email address?
    aeriskiller386@comcast.net
    I followed the instructions to the letter and it doesn't seem to work at all. Am I missing something? I've even been told by fellow Pre users that it's just a double-click of the install app and that's it. I really want to use this app.
    Michael Manna
    Host, T4 Show
    www.T4Show.com
    Sent
  20. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Sent
    can you send to me too? ird@trash2009.com