Page 150 of 217 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4339
    I followed the instructions and went to the donate money for this developer because I wanted the the latest version. I paid 14.95 and payment was cleared on paypal.

It's been over 7 days and I still have not received the application or been added to the "DONORS ONLY" Forum.

I

[QUOTE=aonic;1735931]Spunky: did you install it via root or SDK? If SDK, did you also install the shell service?

Hey, I am unsure how to install this. I have filecoaster, preware. Preload, and I also have webos quick install in my cpu. I have a 64bit vista. Can some1 please tell me what I am suppose to copy and paste & where?

oh yea... And WHAT IS ROOT? I'm confused please help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msgforhere View Post
    I followed the instructions and went to the donate money for this developer because I wanted the the latest version. I paid 14.95 and payment was cleared on paypal.

It's been over 7 days and I still have not received the application or been added to the "DONORS ONLY" Forum.

I

Kids, its not a scam. I paid 10 bucks for mines. I got my link up in little as 24 hours. You just gotta wait for it. When I got started using MyTether 2 months ago there weren't a lot of people who knew about this so the wait time was short for me. Now you can expect longer wait time due to popularity. Oh well. Be patience.
    He prob. just needed a break or work or what not give the guy a break he busted his *** for us all...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    give the guy a break he busted his *** for us all...
    My feeling is the same. I was one of the early donators before I heard there was a "donation-only version" and have donated again since then. MyTether has been a godsend for me (and for those I share MyTether's WiFi with) and I'm appalled at the unreasonable expectations and talk of piracy I'm seeing in this thread.

MyTether is currently the only must-have app on my Pre. I tether all the time over WiFi with my MacBook Pro at coffeeshops, meeting rooms and conference centers that have little or no WiFi or block the ports I use. Every bug report I've sent to Aonic has been fixed at some point and his contribution to Pre users worldwide can't be underestimated. The only feature request I'm still hoping for is tethering via USB but my understanding is that the issue is with the Pre and OS X's drivers, not MyTether.

The frustrations people are having are understandable but they should be directed at Sprint and not Aonic (who set up a PayPal account not because MyTether is a commercial or shareware app but because early users asked him to) or Palm (who disabled tethering because Sprint told them to).

Again, MyTether is not a commercial or shareware app and to the people who are having difficulties installing MyTether in the first place, please accept that installing MyTether will always be more difficult. I doubt that this app will ever be available via Preware because of Palm's request to the webosinternals.org community to not discuss tethering because of Sprint's policy. If you want to use apps like MyTether, just roll with it and read up at webosinternals.org to familiarize yourselves with how to approach the Pre more as a developer or tinkerer.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    For anyone having problems with USBNet, I feel ya. Took me a while to get it too. Here's how it has been explained, and what I did, step by step. BTW, I'm running XP 32 bit.
    1) Go To USBnet networking setup - WebOS Internals
    2) Under the "On Windows XP," right click on the driver link, either 32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system, and select "Save Target As."
    3) Save the file as usbnet-pre.inf
    4) Connect your pre to your computer via usb.
    5) Install the driver (if you don't know how, follow instructions at Windows XP usbnet - GumstixDocsWiki

Sidenote: In these instructions it mentions gumstix, which has confused many people, myself included. Just ignore that. You will find the linux.inf file (usbnet-pre.inf) where you saved it to.

6) From there, just finish the installation as illustrated, then finish following these steps from the first site:

- When you finish, you should have a network setup. Goto "Network Connections" via Network Places or the Control Panel
    - If you have previously installed Novacom on this machine, bring up Windows Task Manager before proceeding. You may find discover a conflict between USBnet and novacomd where the novacomd process will consume lots of CPU and your machine will become very unresponsive. Since you have Task Manager up already, you can easily use it to kill novacomd if this occurs.
    - Right-click on the new network, which probably be named Local Area Connection 2
    - Select Properties
    - Double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
    - Click Advanced
    - UNCheck Automatic metric, put 100 in its place. This will keep Windows from attempting to route traffic over the Pre (it won't work anyway)
    - Click OK
    - If you did not enable DHCP, you will need to set an IP address manually:

BTW: I did not have any conflict between USBnet and novacomd, so I would suggest skipping that step unless you have a problem.

I hope this works for those trying to figure it out. When I look at it now, it seems obvious, but hopefully this will help someone who was stuck like I was.
    Thanks a lot for your entry. It works like a beauty!
    i rooted in and typed in the command. said it istalled sucessfully but i dont see a app?
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    Has any one herd from Aonic yet? i am kind of worried about the guy you don't think palm or sprint did some kind of cease and desist? like i said before i think he is just taking a break or something but still cant help to think about what may be up...

I love this app a lot its the only one i MUST have i use it every day and last month my data usage on my pre was over 12gb
    Quote Originally Posted by christefano View Post
    MyTether is currently the only must-have app on my Pre.
    Personally I find that debatable. Preware and Internalz are pretty high up there too.

The frustrations people are having are understandable but they should be directed at Sprint and not Aonic
    Not to be rude, but if you're paying someone for software, and the developer doesn't give you access to what you're paying for, like above, then yes, the developer is the one you should be frustrated at.

I doubt that this app will ever be available via Preware because of Palm's request to the webosinternals.org community to not discuss tethering because of Sprint's policy.
    My simplified MyTether Installer ipk was in fact on Preware (though I've had server issues at the moment) and is still available in the Canuck Software feed's cache
    I have the everything plan.. Is there a charge for using my tether? Thank you in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by migfran View Post
    I have the everything plan.. Is there a charge for using my tether? Thank you in advance
    No, No charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Personally I find that debatable. Preware and Internalz are pretty high up there too.

Not to be rude, but if you're paying someone for software, and the developer doesn't give you access to what you're paying for, like above, then yes, the developer is the one you should be frustrated at.
    They're up there but I was talking about my Pre, not yours.

Has Aonic stopped creating accounts at mytether.net for people who donate? I heard that the forum and PayPal processing was down for a while, but if Aonic hasn't been responding to donors then I'd be definitely be concerned.

Since you brought it up, I wouldn't say you're being rude. I think you're just being contrary.
    My simplified MyTether Installer ipk was in fact on Preware (though I've had server issues at the moment) and is still available in the Canuck Software feed's cache
    jason...any idea when your feed will be back up on preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    jason...any idea when your feed will be back up on preware?
    no eta yet, thinking of switching to a new hosting service and abandon waiting for current one to come back online, lol
    no eta yet, thinking of switching to a new hosting service and abandon waiting for current one to come back online, lol
    Jason just wanted to say thanks for all the patches and stuff you bring to the pre.
    Maybe a dumb question but my eyes are tired from reading through all the threads: where is a working link. I'd like to tether wih my phone. Also, with all the recent updates and such, do I still have to manually type in the "codes" while rooting or can I just apply a patch (or something similar) to just enable tethering. TIA!
    how do you get the free version to work with wifi? what is ad-hoc wifi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    how do you get the free version to work with wifi? what is ad-hoc wifi?
    http://forums.precentral.net/1968515-post19.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthroat View Post
    thanks. i have already installed this. but when i enable wifi my phone does not work as a hotspot. I cant pick up a wifi signal with anouther divice. I dont know what ad- hoc wifi is. can you explain. someone said the free version is ad-hoc wifi not wifi hotspot. regardless i dont know what that mean but i want my phone to put out a wifi signal. how is this done. again i have the app installed. guess i just dont know how to use it with wifi. got the tethering part to work though. thanks
    Make sure you reset your Pre too, I think ad- hoc is just the name of the wifi. Im not sure though