Page 149 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4999139144145146147148149150151152153154159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4339
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    bump.

come on people. simple question.
    everybody has had different performances...me is with usb... but i prefer wifi
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

bump.

Im on a Mac, so BT
    bump.

Straight Window XP to Window 7 user
    I have the donor version.. So I don't know about the free version.. the USB always the best option not only because of solid high speed. If u installed the correct drivers that it needs, you can't go wrong with it. USB give me constant connection to the internet with no interruptions. The only drawback is it's not wireless.
    With WIFI, I experience same d/l speeds but constant disconnections (with WinXP only, I have not tested it on Win7 but it work's fine on Vista). Not to mention with Wifi the battery gets really hott and causes the battery to discharge even though it's literally plugged into power. While the battery is discharging on the pre, I get about 2hours use while charging. While the battery is discharging on the pre, I get about 1 hour use while NOT charging and then the battery dies.
    Bluetooth.. never tried it though but according to the reviews generally any smartphone with bluetooth tether capability is -speed significantly slower than usb and wifi tether.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 10/22/2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I ran into a problem today. I'm using 1.5 and when I start my tether, I get the warning that I must turn off wifi to enable wifi tethering. My Wifi is off and when I try to enable wifi tethering nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?
    btw, anyone know how to disable NAT or configure settings on the pre My Tether program? I'm trying to access the GUI on the pre ex: 192.168.0.202 but not letting me or shows up as blank.
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 10/22/2009 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinner1168 View Post
    I ran into a problem today. I'm using 1.5 and when I start my tether, I get the warning that I must turn off wifi to enable wifi tethering. My Wifi is off and when I try to enable wifi tethering nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?
    did you reboot the pre to see if this has been resolved?
    Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for such a great tool I use it on my day-to-day and it works great. One think that I haven't been able to figure out is how to properly disconnect my device and than been able to re-connected (refreshing the IP, and so on...).

This is what I currently do and this is my behavior: I tether over at some point, first I start the service then I plug my phone to the PC. When I'm done I select the usb icon on WinXP and eject the USB device even if I have selected charge only.

When I want to tether again I start the service on my Pre then I plug the phone again, what I see is that I see a conflict on the Network adapter so I try to update the driver and sometimes it works, some other times it tells me that the service could not start, some other times as soon as I plug the phone it goes into blue screen with an memory error and my computer restarts.

Notice that I never turn off my computer, I just go from stad by to active all the time.

Any suggestions? I tried to look into the forum for some keywords but couldn't find much.

Thanks,

Juan C.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    did you reboot the pre to see if this has been resolved?
    yes I have. I've rebooted, taken the battery out and everything else I can think of. I guess the next step is to uninstall and reinstall my tether. I'll kepp you all posted.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Well I tried uninstalling and reinstalling My tether and I still get an error message telling me that I have to turn off wifi to enable adhoc when I start it. hmmmmm
    I tried entering the codes for root or Linux, but it opens up a google search??
    Please assist me with the installation.

Thanks
    Anyone know where I can find more info on setting up DHCP for My Tether? I think I have everything done but that so I get limited or no connectivity when I'm plugged in via usb.
    How do I donate 10.00 and get the latest version?
    Quote Originally Posted by zrapp247 View Post
    How do I donate 10.00 and get the latest version?
    actually now its 15 bucks (i think)
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Just installed 2.0.2 and went through the steps to set up USB and WiFi... works like a dream! This will be a lifesaver when I need to get online - on a real browser - but am away from home and not in a public WiFi area.

The security and "no doze" features are more than worth the one time $15. Regardless of whether you consider it a donation or a purchase, it's worth it for the functionality.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i was able to put preware on my without doing any comand line stuff......it says u need to root to use preware......i just used webosquickinstall......can u send a message to my precentral.net page......please tell me how to do this.......ineed to know how to put my teather on my pre
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 10/25/2009 at 06:03 PM.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    I finally figured out why my media sync and iTunes Sync were broken. It turns out that myTether which I recently installed was interfering with media sync and therefore iTunes syncing! Having the WiFi and USB Tethering off is NOT enough. You also have to have USBNet off in the options menu for media sync to be re-enabled. My guess is that USB Ethernet Gadget function must have priority over the iPod function. Is this correct?
    Will My Tether work on a Mac and how do I go about installing it. I also do not know what it means to root my Pre. I am totally clueless and need help. So please help! Thanks.
    I'm having trouble installing the driver on my PC...I've followed the instructions and when the installation is complete is says "There was a problem installing this hardware.....this device is not configured correctly" Does anyone know what the issue is?? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by topshotta; 10/25/2009 at 07:37 PM.
    Alright, I'm so baffled. I've never ran into a problem hacking a phone before but I can't seem to get past this. I've read through all the valuable information in this forum trying to get 1.5 to work.

I've rooted my Pre successfully, installed webinternals and all that good stuff. MyTether shows up in my app list like it should. So, I go to click on MyTether, and start up wifi tethering. According to the app, everything is working fine. It says that it's enabled and working. However, I have a total of three computers in my house with wifi, and none of them are able to find 'AoNet.'

I don't get it. Everything has been done the correct way from what I see. I've tried resetting my Pre, tried it while it was in developer mode and not in developer mode. I've even tried opening up a webpage beforehand to make sure the data had kicked in. Still, nothing. Tell me what I'm missing here because this is simply driving me crazy! Thanks in advance.
    It appears that the paid version may be associated with frequent automatic re-updating of the OS, even after it's already been updated. There are a number of posts on the developer's website, but he hasn't posted there or here for some time now. If you are using the paid version, have you experienced re-updating of your phone?