Page 148 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 4339
    Thanks guys. I installed My Tether using Jason's quick install package. Worked great, no issues to report. Installed No Dooz to keep the wifi active and have been happy since.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miwo86 View Post
    Thanks guys. I installed My Tether using Jason's quick install package. Worked great, no issues to report. Installed No Dooz to keep the wifi active and have been happy since.

Same here just did the same. Great Job Jason!
    Hahaha... my desktop is tethered through bluetooth now. Just tested it playing Counter-Strike: Source online with no lag issues =D Thanks a ton for this prog
    For the lat few days, i've been having a lot of trouble with tethering. Pages wont load, and downloads go at 1kb/s. but videos work fine, and sometimes pages load just as fast. the connection is the same, no new updates have been installed, so whats going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Well, there is an easy-to-use free installer here, though considering you bought the paid version the developer should have given you access to his 2.x installer

Thanks again Jason for all the hard work you put in. I know you read it time and time again. Your apps are worth 100x more than any app that palm has put out and you take the time out to answer questions when you can.

I'm so glad the tethering is working for me again. I know other people mentioned that you should work for Palm or that they should hire you but . . .

I on the other hand DISAGREE, by you being independent, donations go straight to you and most importantly there is no corporate restrictions to your talent.
    using free 1.5 which would offer faster surfing? BT , usb or wifi? thanx
    Set up My Tether and PC recognizes the WiFi hotspot, but can't connect because "your network administrator has blocked you from connecting to this network" Is this some setting my IT shop has set up on my work laptop?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Set up My Tether and PC recognizes the WiFi hotspot, but can't connect because "your network administrator has blocked you from connecting to this network" Is this some setting my IT shop has set up on my work laptop?
    yes, if you can figure out a legitimate use (you travel etc) then you could try to get them to disable that.
    I typically have no problem connecting to other wifi hotspots using this work PC; trying to figure out why this particular network setup would trigger a block.

Not certain I want to engage IT on this; Pre is approved device, but Sprint lists as no tethering; don't want to necessarily highlight.

I'm also having issues getting this to work at all via USB or BT as well on Vista.
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Quote Originally Posted by pksublime View Post
    yes, if you can figure out a legitimate use (you travel etc) then you could try to get them to disable that.
    Yeah, it seems that Ad Hoc networks not permitted in the standard laptop install. If they won't allow/change my settings, I assume I can still tether via usb or BT correct (assuming I can figure out how to get those working, which I haven't as yet)?

Edit: After a bit of work, have BT PAN working; now to figure out USB tethering; dumb question - you should choose USB when connecting, right?
    Last edited by dslunceford; 10/21/2009 at 11:17 AM.
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Been away from the forum and search is not working..
    Can anyone paste the latest instructions or links for installing MyTether on a Pre for a Mac Snow Leopard user? I heard SDK install is not available. I heard about problems with the 2.0 version. I just need Bluetooth connectivity for now.
    WHY THE "F" cant you install My Tether from the WebOS Quick Install anymore? I had to re-image the phone, and when i went to load MyTether, it was not available anymore. I dont really want to root this thing... Can someone PLEASE guide me on the easiest way to get MyTether on this damn phone.???

JUST saw the MyTether fix from Jason Robitaille a few posts above..... Outstanding work Jason.!!

Appreciate the help..

-PreFitz
    Last edited by Prefitz; 10/21/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefitz View Post
    WHY THE "F" cant you install My Tether from the WebOS Quick Install anymore? I had to re-image the phone, and when i went to load MyTether, it was not available anymore. I dont really want to root this thing... Can someone PLEASE guide me on the easiest way to get MyTether on this damn phone.???
    You still can, my unofficial installer is just temporarily off Preware at the moment. For now you can install it from here: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1968247
    i thought free tethering dont work unless you get the one you have to pay for
    Quote Originally Posted by rocman00 View Post
    i thought free tethering dont work unless you get the one you have to pay for
    If you have to pay, it's not free tethering

The free version does still work (see above link). The paid MyTether still has more advanced/extra features though.
    Does the paid version require you to uninstall and reinstall the drivers from your PC every time you disconnect it? Like the free one does?
    what type of features and is the pay worth it
    i cant get the dl to show up on my phone i do the instructions down to the letter it says complete no icon someone said because im using a laptop with vista is that the problem cause i know how to follow instructions step by step
    i dl the filecoaster do i need to delete off my phone and the homebrew app that i put on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    using free 1.5 which would offer faster surfing? BT , usb or wifi? thanx
    bump.

come on people. simple question.